2007 Terraza

2007 Buick Terraza

2007 Buick Terraza

3.8

Have You Driven the 2007 Buick Terraza?

Love this Terraza CXL

by Great van with individual seats from Las Vegas, NV on Wed Apr 24 2013

I went out of state to purchase this vehicle in 2007 and have been the only owner. It gets me 22 mpg so it's not a gas hog. Has 2nd row bucket seats which kept my kids from touching each other. The DVD system was great when we drove long distance for them to watch movies. Back is great for groceries when the seat is down so I don't go shopping when it's full. I need to sell it now that I'm down to 1 sports boy, but I hesitate because I love it so much. Any problem we had was when it was under warranty and it runs great. I would get another if I had a family with young kids. But mine are young adults and my last 14 year old wants a cool car now.

Not the best bout not the worst

by billenglish71 from North Vernon IN. on Thu Sep 14 2017

I would of like to see them continue make it to make some improvements. My family loves some of the oppositions. The built in DVD, the radio and setting are all nice. Maybe a little more room for the driver.

Unpredictable

by Teach from Pacific, MO on Wed Jul 11 2007

From the moment I have owned this vehicle I have had nothing but troubles. At 1000 miles I had to take it into the shop because the fuel sensor was bad. The dealership replaced the sensor. Not even two months later my Terraza died while I was driving it and I was able to coast it into a gas station with my 3 and 1 year olds in the car. The fuel sensor broke off again and it was actually floating in the gas tank. The dealership had the car for three days and replaced it again. 5 months later there was yet again a fuel sensor problem. It was replaced along with the radio because there were issues with it. The remote start and the rear drivers door also had problems. The dealership had the car for 5 days this time and I was told it was fixed. A month later, I had 1/4 tank of gas and I parked on an incline, pointing down and the car would not start. I called the dealership and was told by the salesman that buicks just have a tendency to do this and to either park on an incline pointing up or fill up with gas. The final draw was when I filled up with gas (I had a half tank already) and the car died in the middle of the road while I was driving twice. I took it to the dealership. They have had the car now for two days and still nothing. I loved the interior features of the car, but if the fuel sensor can not correctly judge the amounts of gas in the tank and the car shuts off while driving it then I question its safety.

Love it overall

by 07 Terraza Owner from Seattle, WA on Tue Oct 14 2014

I found my Terraza online, but I was reluctant to even go look at it due to reading so many bad reviews. My mom has sold cars for many years. She told me that there are always a few lemons that come off the assembly line, but that doesn't mean they're all bad. So, I went and looked at the Terraza. The van looked almost like new inside and out so I gave it a test drive. It drove like a dream. In the glove compartment I found the owner's manual, and the previous owner, who bought the van new, had kept meticulous records of all he had done to the van while he owned it. I could see that this one was not a problem vehicle. Most of what he had done was general maintenance. He did have to fix the automatic sliding door once. I have now owned the vehicle for just over a year and I've had no door problems at all. However, I did have a problem with the traction control. The light kept coming on and traction control didn't work. That was an expensive fix, but it can happen to any vehicle that has traction control and in fact will happen to all of them eventually. Other than this, everything else I've done with the vehicle has been general maintenance. Only things I don't like are visibility isn't good, and it's even worse when someone is watching a DVD. The latch on the DVD screen broke off so it hangs down all the time now. I have to use my side mirrors constantly. The seats are a bit firm, but that's been a good thing for my back. My Terraza has leather interior. Gas mileage is ok, but not as good as you would get with a smaller vehicle. That's to be expected. I get close to 200 miles with half a tank of gas. The previous owner bought an insert for the back of the vehicle that has four boxes in it. I don't know what it's called but it's been great for grocery shopping. Overall I enjoy driving this van. It's a smooth, quiet ride and I feel like I'm wrapped in luxury. If you're considering a Terraza, get as much info on the vehicle as you can. That's what made the difference for me.

coincidental chaos

by georgia yankee from atlanta on Sun Feb 03 2008

We bought our 07 Terraza with 14k miles on it. We previously bought a used/ low miles 06 Montana (the Pontiac twin). We loved the Montana but had constant and seemingly untraceable electrical problems; one of which was the door chime "dinging"nfor 40 minutes for no reason (they replaced the automatic door sensor). The last straw was when it wouldn't start for no apparent reason. We got rid of it after a very problematic 11 months. We'd had the Terraza for two months when the door chime went off for three days straight until I could get it to the dealer. Also, the dvd player had a malfunction that took replacing the dvd player and radio before they could make it right. They had my van for 11 days straight! I really love this van. It can handle all the gear my three teenage boys carry with plenty of leg room for the brutes and good fuel economy (21mpg). But, I'm not sure we're out of the woods yet!

Small Scale

by Cosmic American from Cincinnati OH on Fri Sep 10 2010

I purchased a 2005 Terraza with 15,500 miles in July '09. It drives fairly well, but not as well as my husband's GMC Sierra truck (for what it's worth). It is an extremely attractive vehicle, both inside and out. Mechanically it seems okay, although I am having some noise with the steering that will lead to a trip to the shop. I do have a major problem with seemly small scale design of the interior. I am a 5'10" woman, and cannot put the sun visor completely down because it completely blocks my view. I sometimes have to bend to see traffic lights because the top of the windshield is so low. The armrests are almost useless to my husband and I because they are set so low. The middle row seating is plush, but there is very little leg room. If Buick was still still making vans, this would be an issue they would need to address. (I previously owned a '99 Pontiac Montana, the interior was perfectly sized.) There is also an issue with annoying rattling of the two sliding side doors. We had it into the shop for this, but they could not locate the problem. All and all, it would probably be a nice vehicle for folks 5'8" and under.

One of the best overall cars we've ever owned

by BobfromBethel from Bethel, OH on Sun Jan 31 2016

Bought this 2005 with 50K on the speedometer. Now it has 189K. Driver's side rear door has had the normal issue of not closing properly on occasion. This is fixed by removing a fuse, recycling the door by hand and reinserting the fuse. It just seems to get it"s brains scrambled. This has occurred around 4 times since we have owned it. One wheel bearing replaced, front main bearing seal was replaced, several sets of brakes, a rear wiper motor, and rotors were warped. That's about it for the 139K. It is the most comfortable car for travel we have ever owned. The quality of the interior is amazing! The leather seats hardly show wear and I weigh 250#. I only wish GM would build another minivan!

2005 Buick Terraza

by Basketball mother from Byron, IL on Tue Apr 12 2011

We purchased our van with 45000 miles on it and have only had problems with it. The sliding doors sensor is very sensitive and keeps beeping. We have had to replace 3 wheel bearing costing$ 300 -$400 a pop. The rear wiper motor has burnt out twice and the transmission slips constantly. I would not recommend this vehicle to an enemy of mine. It has costed us more money that any other vehicle we have owned. We will never buy a buick again

Terraza Terror

by LaTreseWI from Milwaukee,WI on Sat Apr 15 2017

Excellent vehicle for family size of 5, the CXL model came equipped with built in dvd player great for road trips, but this vehicle is just designed for family road trips. Not equipped to handle city roads. The air shocks problematic, shock's housing broke off, the air compressor is short lived, hub bearing keep breaking . The passengers back automatic sliding doors malfunctions so they have to be opened and close manually. Passenger front seat bottom panel breaks.Middle console jams. Very roomy and comfortable durability on hardware two thumbs down. Almost forgot it keeps hesitating to accelarate after changing from flexfuel to ethanol or whenever it feels like it. It would pick randomn times most days.

Does not recommend this car!!

nice van,would buy again.

by bob from in on Thu Dec 14 2006

love the rear load leveling suspenion,rides great. good looking,good gas mileage 24.5 overall.32000 miles 2 minor problems ,fixed first trip to dealer.

1 2