2014 ATS

4.6 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

My first Cadillac, but not my last.

by 2014 ATS4 2.0T from New York, NY on September 21, 2015

As a former Audi loyalist, I have to say that the car's handling has impressed me beyond my expectations. I came across the ATS while looking for a luxury car at a great price. I researched it thoroughly, and was surprised to find out that it was very hard to find something bad mentioned about the ATS. Article after article, it was being compared to the BMW 3 series. The one year anniversary has just come and gone, and I love it more now than when I first got it. It's broken in nicely, and I know it's capability.

The Beamer beater

by Lucky1 from Ohio on April 11, 2015

I own a Cadillacs ats 2.0 awd turbo, this car is quick, great on gas, and a great looking car. I would strongly suggest finding one with the cue system there are a lot of nice features with it. The down side of it is that the gps can only be used with a subscription to on star. Overall I think Cadillac is on to something great with this car the 2.0 turbo engine is really quick and great on mpg's.

Awesome, Fun, Sweet Machine!!

by Rockstar from Lansing, Mi on November 1, 2013

I just love the ATS 2014 Cadillac , it's a very sweet ride. I'm so happy to see GM come out with some design's that are very stileish and fun to drive. The quality of the cars that GM puts on the road today has come a long way with many awards from JD Powers. The only thing that I don't like about the ATS is the lack of space in the back seat.

love my ATS

by Debbi from NH on December 28, 2013

I have only had the car for a few weeks so reliability isn't something I can comment on but it handles beautifully. The back seat is smaller than the CTS I had before but since I never ride in back and we don't take other people that often, I don't care. I love the styling and the performance. I have to learn quite a bit to use the CUE system, its rather like learning a smart phone. It's great in snow - I tested it out on a really bad night driving home from Manchester airport (NH), snowing, slippery roads and an hour and a half drive. It was perfect. Heated seat and steering wheel didn't hurt either!

Absolutely fabulous ATS

by Mtrandyd from Billings,MT on August 14, 2014

After a lengthy search of a vast array of vehicles we determined that the 2014 Cadillac ATS was the car we wanted. Especially after we drove one the way we wanted it, with the 2.0l turbo and AWD. This car rides and drives as well as any car out there in this class. In our mind, better. We determined we wanted to find a factory program car which became a bit of an issue, but finally found what we wanted at a great price and jumped on the plane to get it. Just a short 1500mi drive home. What a great way to learn your car. WE LOVE IT. Sorry, except for the cup holders. 10 years and they still can't figure out the cup holders.

Best American Made 6 Speed

by gonavy688 from Jacksonville, FL on May 21, 2017

its about impossible to find a real sports car with a standard transmission that's not from Europe these days. Cadillac saved the day with the ATS. Finally an American car that competes and beats European sports sedans and I can still bang through real gears...not paddles. I have the base model because I didn't want all the extra fluff. There are a few things like electric parking break and push button start that I would have rather had the old style but I've grown to like those things too. My only complain would be the capacitive touch sensors for the audio and climate controls. They work fine but can be a bit sensitive. Maybe I'm just used to the instant confirmation you get from a button push. The price was great, the 6 spd transmission knocks the price down on used models. I love the car, meets or beats a BMW or Audi any day and I can still buy GM parts , not European prices!

Great Vehicle!

by DavidB from Rochester, MI on June 4, 2017

Very sporty and great drive. Great on gas, o far I've had no problems with the vehicle and no complaints. It is equally suited to comfortable cruising in comfort and more spirited driving. This is possibly the best car I've ever owned. I will continue to drive Cadillac's.

Good looking, reliable car

by Dadillac14 from Monroe,GA on May 1, 2017

I love the contouring, the options on the inside, and the handling is second to none. I've had much more expensive cars that did not look anywhere near as good or handle like this one does it is a true dream!!!!!!

Best car I've ever owned

by Devin S from on June 11, 2017

The car itself is beautiful. it is beautiful on the exterior and interior as well. it is pretty quick for a sedan and provides a smooth ride. the technology is very good as well

A Drivers Car

by 9BD from Los Angeles, CA on June 9, 2014

One of the best drivers car with 4 doors available in the market today. The handling on the ATS is incredible. Steering is quick and responsive. Brake feel is predictable. Holds corners with confidence. The 3.6 has all the power you'll really ever need on the road. My one complaint about performance is the transmission. The 6-speed auto is not the best for the more spirited divers. While more than acceptable at leisure speeds and accelerations, when pushing the car, you get the feeling the transmission does not want to push with you. The transmission probably limits the potential of what the 3.6 could give (unless you control the gears manually of course). As for the rest of the car, the only other gripe (and I hear it's the same for many), is the CUE system and the small back seat. Yes, the negative reviews and comments are warranted. CUE is not very intuitive, and when compounded with it's touch delay issues, it's a fairly frustrating experience. If my ipad ever took more than a second to respond to my touch, i'd throw it out -- unfortunately with the ATS, it's what you're stuck with. I am hoping that it is a software issue, and not a hardware issue, and can be rectified with some sort of software update. As for the small back seat, my kids are small, so it's not too big of an issue for me. But ultimately, this car is a GREAT drive. I have had both an E46 and E90 3 series, and it more than holds its own with those two. It does remind me more of the E46, but with a whole lot more power than what BMW offered 12 years ago. The ATS is a great handling car with +300 bhp (in the 3.6) -- such a fun car to drive!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8