2001 Cadillac Catera consumer reviews

$31,305 starting MSRP
side view of 2001 Catera Cadillac
Explore the 2001 Cadillac Catera
4.1

Luxury at an affordable price

Handles very well and is in exceptional condition. An opportunity to own a German built car at an affordable price. Will not last long. Opportunity is knocking.

German engineering at a affordable price.

Car is a really fun car to drive. Have a Mercedes Benz 190E as well and they handle very similar. German quality at a price you can afford.

Extremely well engineered german Cadillac

Its a great car... nice size. Sporty and well tuned. I serviced it by the same dealer for the past 16 years since I bought it.

3.0

Great car

This vehicle drives well and is the best vehicle that I have ever owned in my life. Comfortable on the inside and stylish on the outside.

2.4

Worst car I have ever owned

i really liked the looks and comfort but it is always broke down.Check Cadillac Catera owners forum.These cars are nothing but trouble.

BEST CAR I EVER BOUGHT

I got this car used with 68k on it. It has been almost a year and I have put almost 15k more on it and have put about $800 into the car. I knew when we bought the car that we would have to do repairs soon after since on the car fax there was only regular maintenance no repairs. When you buy an older used car you have to expect to do repairs. I will not trade this car for any new car out there...its just the right size and its so comfortable. I'm going to drive this car into the ground!!!

2.7

needed repairs every 6 months

Bought car used with low miles. After 6 months it needed repairs and there after numerous times. I was sold on the looks and styling of the car. but it is a maintenance nightmare. parts are very expensive and hard to find. the car is german made. Opal. If you dont mind spending money on repairs, then heres your car. Hopefully my mistake will not happen to others. even if you google this car you will find numerous others with problems.

1.6

Avoid this car!!

Parts are hard to get, not to mention expensive, and the mechanical problems are plentiful. I regret buying this car, mostly for the credit card debt accumulated trying to keep it running and the fact I had to sell it to a dismantler after 10 months of ownership because I could not sell it. Worst decision I've made, hopefully you will avoid it too.

3.7

Love it till it hits100000 then walk away

I loved the car and would have driven it forever but when it hit 100K almost to the day the electronics fell apart. Nothing worked from the dash to the engine and nobody knows how to work on this car ?nobody?. So if you find one running good and real cheap buy it and enjoy if it starts acting up dump it don?t waste money trying to fix it.

Catera Solid Car

I've had my Catera for almost 5 years and it's been a great car. I really like the styling and it's fun to drive. It does surprisingly well in snow and ice considering it is RWD. I've had to put some money into repairing the traction control, battery cables, and oil level sensors - but that was all under warranty. All in all, this car has been very reliable.