2001 Cadillac Catera Consumer Reviews

3.3
Average based on 12 reviews

Catera Solid Car

by from Denver, CO on December 30, 2008

I've had my Catera for almost 5 years and it's been a great car. I really like the styling and it's fun to drive. It does surprisingly well in snow and ice considering it is RWD. I've had to put some money into repairing the traction control, battery cables, and oil level sensors - but that was all under warranty. All in all, this car has been very reliable.

BEST CAR I EVER BOUGHT

by from moreno valley, ca on April 27, 2011

I got this car used with 68k on it. It has been almost a year and I have put almost 15k more on it and have put about $800 into the car. I knew when we bought the car that we would have to do repairs soon after since on the car fax there was only regular maintenance no repairs. When you buy an older used car you have to expect to do repairs. I will not trade this car for any new car out there...its just the right size and its so comfortable. I'm going to drive this car into the ground!!!

Master tech

by from California on May 31, 2006

Very peppy, stylish, sturdy and great handling! I felt very safe and protcted with this vehicle. Unlike most new cars, it is built with real steel! The interior is beautiful and very luxerious. I believe the German engineering and design has done well with this Cadillac.

Worst car I have ever owned

by from on July 25, 2011

i really liked the looks and comfort but it is always broke down.Check Cadillac Catera owners forum.These cars are nothing but trouble.

needed repairs every 6 months

by from Colorado Springs, Colorado on October 12, 2010

Bought car used with low miles. After 6 months it needed repairs and there after numerous times. I was sold on the looks and styling of the car. but it is a maintenance nightmare. parts are very expensive and hard to find. the car is german made. Opal. If you dont mind spending money on repairs, then heres your car. Hopefully my mistake will not happen to others. even if you google this car you will find numerous others with problems.

Avoid this car!!

by from Monterey, Ca on February 7, 2010

Parts are hard to get, not to mention expensive, and the mechanical problems are plentiful. I regret buying this car, mostly for the credit card debt accumulated trying to keep it running and the fact I had to sell it to a dismantler after 10 months of ownership because I could not sell it. Worst decision I've made, hopefully you will avoid it too.

Couldn't have made a better choice.

by from Chicago,IL on January 22, 2007

I bought My 2001 catera used with 42,000 miles on it, it's just like new! I made an excellent used car choice.

Best car ever

by from Chicago on June 3, 2006

The caddie is the god of all cars and always will be! It's inside is the best by all and the style is just so sleak and sweet. It has everything a person would want. Not a kids car (teens) LOL

A very good first car

by from LI Ny on July 19, 2008

I have been driving the car the past 6 months and it has been trouble free. Power is just right(7.1 sec for 0-60 is fine for me), and i personally like the interior and the exterior. My only complaints would be leg room for everyone in the car(im 6 3 and im VERY cramped), and that premium gas is recomended even though i cant figure out why. Other then this the car makes a great first car and college car. I would not however recomend it to an adult since it does not live up to the cadillac name and makes you wishing for more. Just hope you find a good one.

Love it till it hits100000 then walk away

by from NJ on January 3, 2009

I loved the car and would have driven it forever but when it hit 100K almost to the day the electronics fell apart. Nothing worked from the dash to the engine and nobody knows how to work on this car “nobody“. So if you find one running good and real cheap buy it and enjoy if it starts acting up dump it don’t waste money trying to fix it.