2012 SRX

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Best car I ever owned

by Guitar man from Austin Tx on May 5, 2012

I recently purchased a 2012 Cadillac SRX. I am simply amazed at technology in this vehicle. The navigation system and phone system is the best I have ever used. The driver?s seat backs up when you exit the car allowing for comfort while exiting the vehicle. With the push of a button it returns to your desired settings. Two different drivers can be configured in memory to ensure the seats and mirrors return to their programmed setting for each driver. There is even a button that heats the steering wheel for cold mornings. However, I won?t be using it much in central Texas. Not only can you start the car remotely but you also have the ability to remotely roll down all four windows. Cadillac has thought of everything when designing this vehicle. It is the smoothest riding vehicle I have ever owned. There are 4 different versions of this vehicle, I have the luxury version. Other luxury vehicles at this price point did not even have half of the options that come with the SRX. . I highly recommend this vehicle.

Used car that seems brand new

by budo from Maryland on December 21, 2015

I purchased a 2012 SRX four months ago (August 2015) as the first used vehicle I have ever owned (previously owned 36 other cars). I was hesitant, but the price and mileage was right as can be along with an extended warranty). In these four months, I truly believe this may be the best car I have ever owned and that is saying a lot. From my first new car--a 1966 Chevelle SS396 (wish I still had that), a GTO, a 442, two Corvette's, an XKE to my latest previous car, a Charger SRT8. I am EXTREMELY impressed by its still like new ride, handling, braking, comfort, unique exterior and beautiful interior. I would suggest it to anyone interested in this class of vehicle. I have driven virtually all other models. I, personally, would take this one overall.

new design changes everything...

by bkp from benton, LA on February 1, 2012

It is still early but we have owned the 2012 SRX for a few months... we looked in 2010 but the engine, review issues, and being a new model made us wait. And with the new engine, fixes, and few styling changes, we are glad that we did. Love it so far... time will tell (reliability). Everything is tight inside like other foreign SUV's we have had or have now (MDX). Styling is one of the best and comfort features are numerous. We did test drive with 18" and 20" wheels and the 18" wheels by far gave the best comfort ride - more tread on them (research it). I didn't think it would make that much of a difference and it does. The new engine is the best design change and we probably would not have purchased it without this change. Big difference. AND it runs on regular fuel! Do your research is all I can add...

great car

by rose from tampa. fl on March 26, 2013

we bought the SRX a month ago and really love it. everything is so perfect. the only drawback I can see is the car has some major blindspots so we have to be cautious. but other than that i really feels luxurious.

1st new car without any defects

by Corvetteman from Milford, DE on December 5, 2012

I purchased a new 2012 SRX. It has a very comfortable ride which is in my opinion, better than a comparable Mercedes Benz. The vehicle has had no defects from the factory. Performance is very good and it does not require premium fuel. Anything but the base model are very well equipped. Overall a very good value in the premium small SUV field. Previous years were noted to have been under powered. The 2012-2013 models have resolved this. My wife and I are very pleased.

2012 Cadillac SRX AWD Performance

by 4Rfun2 from Hannibal MO on July 4, 2013

We purchased a 2012 SRX AWD with 6000 miles. The exterior is beautiful. The interior is not what I would consider Cadillac quality. There isn't much wood grain and the leather is not a good quality leather. The Suv handles well and is fun to drive. The navigation system is easy to use and the back up camera is very sensitive and has a clear picture. The stereo system with Bose speakers sounds great. The sunroof is huge and is a nice feature. I would recommend the Premium model over the performance model since it would include ventilated front seats and heated outboard rear seats. Our previous Cadillac CTS AWD had a better looking interior.

Srx new wave of the Cadillac

by Vintage car nut from Greenwood Indiana on October 10, 2013

The moon roof everyone has the front row. The style the design the handling the smooth ride Cadillac is known for. My wife is even very happy this is probably the best car we have ever owned and we have had some very good cars.

Caddy SRX is almost awesome

by Sinbad from Portsmouth, New Hampshire on December 10, 2012

I have owned my Caddy SRX for a month now, and I think it's awesome overall. I love the new electronics features, like keyless ignition, and I love almost everything about it. My complaints below are really minor. The only negatives are not specific to this particular model, but they are there, so I give it a 4 instead of a 5 overall. Probably should be 4.8. One problem is the GPS system. It doesn't always take me to the right place, but I supposed that is true for all of them. I can't program it while my wife drives the car, or vice versa. This is just plain stupid -- too much nanny state big brother save you from yourself nonsense. And sometimes my wife forgets to put it in park, but since there is no key interlock, she can leave the car in that state. She comes into the restaurant and says, "It won't lock, so I left it unlocked." Good thing the parking lot was just level enough... It would be better if they did not allow the engine to be stopped. I don't think she would leave it with the engine running, but ... well, who knows. I'm not sure the roof rack and the big sun roof really go together. I'm afraid to put much of anything up there unless it can span the rails and not sit on the glass. All that said, overall I still love the car, even the price! I would definitely do it again, and would recommend it to anyone.

Needs wider seats

by Big Jim from Fl on February 5, 2012

Needs softer seats,the front seats are alittle narrow and pinch your hips. Seems to shift from 1st to 2nd alittle jerky

Buy US Brand

by Knee Dragger from Kansas City, MO on September 2, 2012

2012 Cadillac SRX has been updated with a larger V6 that really turns this vehicle into a tractable touring car for all seasons. Purchased brand new and immediately went on vacation to the Rockies in it. Plenty of room for suitcases and golf clubs, very roomy cabin that is extremely quiet. Very comforatable seats that invite you to drive. Satellite radio and 60 GB Hard Drive, Navigation that is voice programmable and accurate. Got 25.8 on the flatlands, and 22.1 in the mountains on regular and mid-grade fuel. The SRX is the choice in the AWD Crossover and it's a US Brand. Buy it you will not be disappointed.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7