2012 SRX

2012 Cadillac SRX

2012 Cadillac SRX

Have You Driven the 2012 Cadillac SRX?

Best car I ever owned

by Guitar man from Austin Tx on Sat May 05 2012

I recently purchased a 2012 Cadillac SRX. I am simply amazed at technology in this vehicle. The navigation system and phone system is the best I have ever used. The driver?s seat backs up when you exit the car allowing for comfort while exiting the vehicle. With the push of a button it returns to your desired settings. Two different drivers can be configured in memory to ensure the seats and mirrors return to their programmed setting for each driver. There is even a button that heats the steering wheel for cold mornings. However, I won?t be using it much in central Texas. Not only can you start the car remotely but you also have the ability to remotely roll down all four windows. Cadillac has thought of everything when designing this vehicle. It is the smoothest riding vehicle I have ever owned. There are 4 different versions of this vehicle, I have the luxury version. Other luxury vehicles at this price point did not even have half of the options that come with the SRX. . I highly recommend this vehicle.

new design changes everything...

by bkp from benton, LA on Wed Feb 01 2012

It is still early but we have owned the 2012 SRX for a few months... we looked in 2010 but the engine, review issues, and being a new model made us wait. And with the new engine, fixes, and few styling changes, we are glad that we did. Love it so far... time will tell (reliability). Everything is tight inside like other foreign SUV's we have had or have now (MDX). Styling is one of the best and comfort features are numerous. We did test drive with 18" and 20" wheels and the 18" wheels by far gave the best comfort ride - more tread on them (research it). I didn't think it would make that much of a difference and it does. The new engine is the best design change and we probably would not have purchased it without this change. Big difference. AND it runs on regular fuel! Do your research is all I can add...

2012 Cadillac SRX AWD Performance

by 4Rfun2 from Hannibal MO on Thu Jul 04 2013

We purchased a 2012 SRX AWD with 6000 miles. The exterior is beautiful. The interior is not what I would consider Cadillac quality. There isn't much wood grain and the leather is not a good quality leather. The Suv handles well and is fun to drive. The navigation system is easy to use and the back up camera is very sensitive and has a clear picture. The stereo system with Bose speakers sounds great. The sunroof is huge and is a nice feature. I would recommend the Premium model over the performance model since it would include ventilated front seats and heated outboard rear seats. Our previous Cadillac CTS AWD had a better looking interior.

1st new car without any defects

by Corvetteman from Milford, DE on Wed Dec 05 2012

I purchased a new 2012 SRX. It has a very comfortable ride which is in my opinion, better than a comparable Mercedes Benz. The vehicle has had no defects from the factory. Performance is very good and it does not require premium fuel. Anything but the base model are very well equipped. Overall a very good value in the premium small SUV field. Previous years were noted to have been under powered. The 2012-2013 models have resolved this. My wife and I are very pleased.

great car

by rose from tampa. fl on Tue Mar 26 2013

we bought the SRX a month ago and really love it. everything is so perfect. the only drawback I can see is the car has some major blindspots so we have to be cautious. but other than that i really feels luxurious.

Srx new wave of the Cadillac

by Vintage car nut from Greenwood Indiana on Thu Oct 10 2013

The moon roof everyone has the front row. The style the design the handling the smooth ride Cadillac is known for. My wife is even very happy this is probably the best car we have ever owned and we have had some very good cars.

Caddy SRX is almost awesome

by Sinbad from Portsmouth, New Hampshire on Mon Dec 10 2012

I have owned my Caddy SRX for a month now, and I think it's awesome overall. I love the new electronics features, like keyless ignition, and I love almost everything about it. My complaints below are really minor. The only negatives are not specific to this particular model, but they are there, so I give it a 4 instead of a 5 overall. Probably should be 4.8. One problem is the GPS system. It doesn't always take me to the right place, but I supposed that is true for all of them. I can't program it while my wife drives the car, or vice versa. This is just plain stupid -- too much nanny state big brother save you from yourself nonsense. And sometimes my wife forgets to put it in park, but since there is no key interlock, she can leave the car in that state. She comes into the restaurant and says, "It won't lock, so I left it unlocked." Good thing the parking lot was just level enough... It would be better if they did not allow the engine to be stopped. I don't think she would leave it with the engine running, but ... well, who knows. I'm not sure the roof rack and the big sun roof really go together. I'm afraid to put much of anything up there unless it can span the rails and not sit on the glass. All that said, overall I still love the car, even the price! I would definitely do it again, and would recommend it to anyone.

Buy US Brand

by Knee Dragger from Kansas City, MO on Sun Sep 02 2012

2012 Cadillac SRX has been updated with a larger V6 that really turns this vehicle into a tractable touring car for all seasons. Purchased brand new and immediately went on vacation to the Rockies in it. Plenty of room for suitcases and golf clubs, very roomy cabin that is extremely quiet. Very comforatable seats that invite you to drive. Satellite radio and 60 GB Hard Drive, Navigation that is voice programmable and accurate. Got 25.8 on the flatlands, and 22.1 in the mountains on regular and mid-grade fuel. The SRX is the choice in the AWD Crossover and it's a US Brand. Buy it you will not be disappointed.

Needs wider seats

by Big Jim from Fl on Sun Feb 05 2012

Needs softer seats,the front seats are alittle narrow and pinch your hips. Seems to shift from 1st to 2nd alittle jerky

It's an on par mid sized luxury cross-over.

by D.C. phillips from New Orleans on Sun Sep 17 2017

I really expected more from this car. It's styling both interior and exterior is pretty good but there are serious cons. For example there should have been a recall on the headlights. If you google this vehicle you are sure to find how there is consistant complaints about poor visibilty. In fact it may cause you not to drive at night it's that poor! The smart screens are also prone to going out. Words of wisdom.... buy a warranty!

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2012 Cadillac SRX

The 2012 Cadillac SRX handles well and looks good, but I don't think it's good enough overall to command its price in the competitive luxury-SUV market.

To my eyes, styling is the SRX's strongest card. This SUV has always been the vehicle that best exemplified Cadillac's commitment to edgy, angular designs. Not even the CTS, which was the first to adopt this look, does it better than the SRX.

Highlights include the grille, which is just large enough to be commanding — not oversized. The profile view has a nice drop to the roofline, plus short overhangs between the wheels and the bumpers.

The rear is aggressive, with large exhaust pipes, tall taillamps and a decent-sized hatch. It's angular, chiseled... Read More