2005 Cadillac Sts

Smartest Car I've Ever Owned

by from Central Ky on November 19, 2011

The Good: Heated seats front and back, cooled seats up front. No touch key fob allows easy entry, pushbutton start, leave your keys in your pocket. Adaptive Cruise Control is a dream come true, no 'fishing for traffic speed', set it and forget it. 15 Channel Bose Surround system is the best 'factory' system I've heard in a car so far. It's not as "loud" as some of my high end installed systems but it's got incredible imaging and response. The Bad: Front Door entry solenoids are prone to going out. 16-18mpg avg with the AWD and Northstar setup. Restrictive navigation and configuration controls only available when stopped. Dated Nav system, have to pay for updated maps. Staggered tire sizes look great but pricy to replace tires. Overall: I love this car, I love its comfort, its ease of use, it's raw power and I'm looking forward to seeing how it does this winter with the AWD and stability control. I never knew I wanted cooled seats until I test drove an STS in late July. :)

Excellent Luxury Car

by from Pittsburgh,PA on September 18, 2006

I have owned several cadillacs in the past. I am a gadget junky. I love all the buttons to push, all the lights, etc. I don't like that in order to access the driver memory system, you have to go through the navi system to get there. This is not as easy as some cadillac models. They have a button on the door...very easy. This fully loaded vehicle does not have some of the basic options, features that the deville has...for example, tilting side view mirror, auto trunk release, close, auto gas door, auto brake release when in reverse. I actually miss these features and have to get used to not having them on this $70,000 cadillac.This STS rides like a caddy, drives like a caddy, performs like a caddy. Overall, I am very pleased with this vehicle. I will always own a Cadillac!

Coolest ride I've ever owned

by from Mississippi on November 1, 2012

Beautiful car has been trouble free, plenty of power and decent mileage on regular gas. Mine is fully equipped glad I got a book. Juat like professional reviews the 6 cyl is all the power you need. The V8 is much more costly. There are too many features to review them all but everything is great. I just love the envy from my friends am a very proud owner.

Got a Great Deal on a 35k mile '05 STS

by from Bloomington, IL on February 20, 2011

Picked up a perfect 05 STS for 17k last year. Very nice looking car. You might lose some weight owning one of these--will wind up parking way out in the empty sections of the parking lots to avoid the thought of anyone putting dings on these beautfully crafted car bodies......V6VVT. Avoided Northstar - even though it is a very good engine - over it's discontinuation and also the Prem Gasoline requirement. Glad we did. The V6 has all the power needed. Very responsive and smooth. Car will do 100mph quietly and very smoothly, without laboring the slightest. So far no problems, exc for volume knob on radio stopped turning volume up/down (use steering wheel buttons). Very much enjoy the car. The design is solid yet advanced. Not much good getting around in the snow (constant traction and stability control engage), but parked it to keep it off the salt anyway. Extremely fun to drive. Whipped a college boy in a early 90's Z-28 during a "traffic light challenge" that he initiated. Great Bose stereo. Have heard the batteries in these cars get used up quickly due to all of the active electronics - so far can say it overwintered 3 months without being a prob - recognized the key fob and unlocked the doors, engine started without a prob. Have noticed the plastic parts finish on buttons and interior door handles was sub-par quality for any manufacturer. Caddy quality control was asleep at the wheel with that one. Is a minor issue, though. Haven't put enough miles to give an adequate mechanical review (6k so far). Car is very, very smooth and solid feeling. Last thing to note is this car uses expensive tires. The different front/rear tire size was stupid. Going to try and use a uniform size at repl time and see how it goes - that way they can be rotated like normal cars.

2005 Cadillac STS V6 RWD

by from Boston, MA on May 26, 2013

I got the 05 STS in 2011 with only 60k miles. The car is nice but I was semi skeptical about repair costs. About 2 years and 36k miles later, all I have replaced were wipers and breaks. The car is beautiful inside and out. I stand 6'3 and friends have a hard time sitting directly behind me. Sound system is great. Only complaint is that I should have gone AWD for the snow I get. Overall, I would buy a Caddy again.

Great Value

by from Denver, CO on December 10, 2012

Loving this car. All the comforts of luxury. Drives like a dream. Tremendous value for a used car. Love the drive and pickup on the highway.

The best in the world!

by from Houston, TX on July 26, 2007

This is my fourth new Cadillac and they just get better and better. I will never drive anything else.

ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT

by from tucson, az on December 29, 2008

i have own nothing but cadillacs this is the latest one to my resume. what can i say the sts lives up to the cadillac reputation, smooth ride, powerful acceleration and it hogs the streets. i have to mention that my 99 sts probably has a better interior as far as the material goes. the dashboard looks like cheap plastic you find on dodge trucks. i really don't like the power buttons for the windows. the buttons on my 99 are nicer i don't know what they were thinking. but anyway, i love cadillacs and the stares i get when i'm going down the street make up for all of this.

Sport, Luxury and Style all in one package

by from San Francisco, CA on July 16, 2007

I love to be noticed in my cars and the STS defintitely catches eyes everywhere I go. Lots of get up and go yet smooth and comfortable just like a Cadillac's supposed to be. The fuel mileage leaves a lot to be desired otherwise 5 stars!

most complete ride i have ever owned

by from topeka,ks on April 9, 2012

outstanding ride...prettiest "hog" i have ever owned or driven....everybody should own a Cadillac/"hog" before they meet their maker!!

Our Expert Review: 2005 Cadillac Sts