2006 Cadillac Sts

Pleasure to drive

by from Jackson on April 9, 2012

I can't find anything I don't like about this car. The ride is like riding on a cloud and comfortable. It's a pleasure to drive again. Can't wait to jump in my car and go.

Very Good Sport Sedan

by from Southfield, Michigan on October 4, 2011

I bought my '06 STS used in "08 with only 16,000 miles on it. I have the northstar V8 that produces great acceleration. However, the rear wheel drive version is not good in Michigan winters. Therefore, I can only drive my car about seven to eight months per year. Overall, the ride quality, handling and braking is outstanding! In the three years I've owned it, I have not had any major machanical or operational issues with it. I must say one thing: For a car of this caliber and price, Cadillac should have researched STS' competitors and provided a more luxurious interior.

Get this car!!!!

by from San Antonio,TX on November 12, 2012

I purchased the vehicle with 56,000 miles on it. I drive around 3,000 miles a month. I am 6'6" tall. The car is comfortable and rides great. It is a V6 and has enough power. I am partial to cadillac's. I should have purchased the all wheel drive for I live up north and the car is terrible in the snow. I currently have 114,000 miles on it with no problems. i change the oil every 3,000 miles. I am looking forward to reaching 200,000 miles.

I Love This Car!

by from Point of Rocks, MD on August 28, 2009

This is my 3rd Cadillac, and I'm 33... forget the stigmas.. if you drive this car, you will love it and lose your perceptions of who drives a Caddy. I had a Seville before this and the new STS definitely is an improvement. I bought my car with less than 20k, certified with a great warranty and for a great price. I'd definitely recommend the warranty. I find that I am in need of more than usual visits to the repair shop both with this car and the last.. but I wouldn't trade it for the world. The styling, power, and fun to drive experience outweights the fact that the car needs a little more TLC than most. And who cares if it is under warranty. My car is for the weekends and fun to drive times, I don't use it for daily commuting. Keeping up with the maintenance gets a little pricey, especially if you are hard on the gas pedal/brakes. I have a V8 which gives you more power than you would possibly need. This car strikes the perfect balance between power and luxury. My only disappointment.. it does ride a little rough even when set to touring -- I am told this is a flaw of the V8s with the performance package/18inch wheels. I recommend buying one without that option. Features can not be beat and I would by another one hands down. I love it!

Great Car-Great Value

by from Dallas, TX on February 20, 2009

As a first time Cadillac buyer I was not sure I was redy to step into my fathers vehicle but this did not look or feel like my fathers Caddy. My car is a V6 with every option including sport package and 18" wheels. Overall it feels like a much smaller more nimble vehicle on the road. Its very responsive and even with 18" wheels and only 45 series tires still rides like a Cadillac should. I've found the power to be more than enough and the gas mileage is very good for a vehicle this size tipping the scales at over 3600lbs. Comfort is premium. I have leather heated and cooled seats with full power and they work great. The multi-zone heat and ac is great but can be a problem if you have a child with idle hands in the back seat as I've quickly found. The controls are well layed out and while there way to much on the car to play with I find it very relaxing to drive and just stick to the basics. I've turned off the traction control during a rain shower and was quickly assured it works well and the car is adquetly powered as I drifted around a corner. If you have this type of driving in mind I dont recommend buying a car with stabilitrack or tracktion control as these two features even keep those of us with a lead foot from being able to put down the occasional burnout but overall for what they where designed to do, they do it very well. All accessories function well and the Bose Sounds System is great. The Stereo and Integrated DVD/Navigational system is a bit cumbersome to learn and I'm an IT Manager by Trade but it does come with a DVD for those who dont mind reading the instructions before use. The backup system is a nice surprise and helps a lot although I find the rear view to be adequate for backing into a tight spot. Overal a 10 of 10. I bought my car certified with less than 40k miles for under 20k dollars. I'd say if you can find a comparable deal I highly recommend it. Look for factory certified though. With this many electronics built into a vehicle I wouldn't feel comfortable without the additonal bumper to bumer zero deductable guarantee.

Why Would You Want BMW or Benz?

by from N. Idaho on December 20, 2009

This is probably the most comfortable car I have ever owned. The ride is superb. The V-6 has all the power I need when merging onto freeways and the hiway milage is terrific. Averaged 28 mpg @ 70 MPH on recent trip. Cadillac did it right this time. Dealer service is poor, but that is not the cars fault.

Cadillac Man!!

by from Houston, TX on July 26, 2007

This is my 5th Cadillac. I had a 05 STS V6, which I traded for a new 06 STS V8, with the navigation system. I love it!! from the voice activation, windows down by voice, push button start, keyless access, 15 speaker bose digital stereo and plays DVD's and MP3's. This is the best car I have ever had. I had (2) 2001 corvettes, and I loved those, but this car with all the options, and 320 Horsepower beats em hands down. My next purchase will be the STS V with 469 horsepower!!! Drive one and you will love it too!!!

Excellent automobile

by from Ohio on May 23, 2011

This is an excellent and comfortable automobile. It drives smoother than any other luxury car I've ever owned including a past Mercedes and Acura and it performs well on regular gas. My only complaint is the less than impressive interior. Would I buy another? You bet!

The most beautiful and fastest car ive ever owned

by from Plainfield, NJ on September 3, 2011

I purchased a 2005 STS in May of 2011 it has the 1sf luxury performance package. This car is awesome .

Nices car I have ever owned

by from Olathe, Ks. on November 30, 2011

Power and speed with all the comfort you would expect from Cadillac the STS is the fine tuned car that looks good and you will look good driving it.

Our Expert Review: 2006 Cadillac Sts

Similar Models

Select up to three models to compare with the 2006 cadillac sts

You have selected maximum of 3 cars

Remove one of these cars to add others or compare the below cars now.