2017 Cadillac Xt 5

All Reviews

by from Sammamish, WA on April 9, 2017

I love everything about this car. Comfort, very quiet, smooth ride, interior and exterior design, performance. I am rating 5 stars reliability with some reservations, as I bought my XT5 brand new, but with very good warranty. The gas mileage on average 22 mpg. Dash board is very user friendly and pleasantly designed. Cadillac XT5 CUE is very easy to use. Very spacious trunk.

by from Chicago, IL on May 20, 2017

I drive the Base Model 2017 Cadillac XT-5 and Cadillac has outdone themselves with this SUV I fell in love with it after the first drive on the expressway, which I drive frequently for my work commute, through loud construction and rough pavement the cabin remains quite through the noise and it drives smooth over the bumpy pavement as if it was floating on air! The Safety features are phenomenal, Love how the review mirror lights of the XT-5 flash when a vehicle enters your blind spot, the standard backup camera is crystal clear, the dash display flashes when you are veering out of your lane, and the speedometer display flashes the speed limit when you are driving too fast, which can be a bit annoying, but it just shows how much the vehicle is designed to care about the safety of the driver and passengers. The model I drive doesn't have a CD Player, but the media is connected via an aux cord or Bluetooth mode and what I like is that it will not connect to BT unless you are in Park which is a great safety feature if you have a teenage driver. The interior design of the XT-5 is crafted with the uttermost of perfection. I love how searching all the functions and buttons on the dashboard is not so intimidating as it can be in some cars that I have driven. Everything is at a fingertips touch! The touchscreen is a perfect size for fingers and viewing. The LED lighting is placed perfectly so there is never an interior blind spot during night driving! Black on Black leather and silver trim everywhere! As a driver in cold Chicago having not only heated seats, but a HEATED STEERING WHEEL!... Need I say more.... BUT I will I must not forget to mention the sound system kicks some major bass! The driveability and responsive handling of the XT-5 is just like a sports car, especially when you shift into the manual mode for a split second makes you forget it's a SUV. Also a huge plus is this SUV has some weight and stability to it. Those heavy rain and wind commutes on the expressway, when that big semi- truck passes you, the XT-5 stays anchored it doesn't wince, sputter, or shutter. The fuel efficiency is great as well, I fill up on $35 once a week and that's the end of that hassle. The XT-5 engine has an auto- shut- off feature when you come to a complete stop at a red light and when you release the brake it starts right back up without skipping a beat ready to take on the pavement. A luxury vehicle like the XT-5 that doesn't take premium fuel is okay in my book! Now I will admit, this SUV is a pretty penny, but you can't put a price on safety in my opinion. The 2017 Cadillac XT-5 is a SUV with a new type of standard of safety... The fact that it is in fact a luxury vehicle is a great bonus! I recommend this SUV to anyone who needs a great rental for a family road trip, for the UBER Select drivers or chauffeurs looking for a ride that will leave your costumers talking and coming back, for the parents looking for a safe SUV for the family who may have a new driver in the family, or even the driver like myself who likes to sit-up a bit higher in an SUV that has stability, but an essence of a sports car... I recommend the 2017 Cadillac XT-5 for us and for everyone!

by from Dix Hills, NY on February 18, 2017

I just picked up my new XT5 and I'm so happy I decided on this model. The ride and power is better than I had expected. This auto has all the luxury making driving a pleasure.

by from Madison, Wisconsin on May 17, 2017

The car overall is very good. Great power to weight ratio, and extremely comfortable. It is a good buy for the value considering you are already in the premium Cadillac price range. However there are a few things that are VERY frustrating about this car, and will hopefully be fixed in future design years: 1. The gear shift knob is infuriating! The side button that must be pressed to change gears (like from P to D) is not ergonomically designed at all, in fact it is downright uncomfortable to have to press. Every person that has driven my car has commented the same. Put it at my fingertips on the knob vice my thumb and all is better. 2. If I put the car into sport mode, I want it to stay in sport mode when I get back into the car after turning it off, or at the very least default to AWD vice just to the worst FWD option. I hate having to press the button every time I get into the car. 3. Let me pick the color of the center console highest-end Cue display. Everyone else in the class does this, why doesn't Cadillac? I have an astigmatism and the default-blue is literally blinding at night. 4. Find a better cell phone storage option. Having it at the front of the arm rest is cumbersome and poorly designed. yeah sure I can charge my phone as it sits there, but (since i have an iPhone), if I need to access my phone at all, I need to either unplug it, or open the arm rest to reel in the cord. 5. If I have the heated steering wheel turned on when I turn the car off, the safe bet is that I want it turning back on when I start the car remotely later on that day. This is a first world problem for sure, but it seems so simple. Fix these things and you will have an amazing car instead of just a very good one!!!

by from Amherst, NY on March 31, 2017

While I have only owned the XT5 for a week. I couldn't be happier. I've been driving mercedes and BMW for the last 20 years, but decided to at lest check out the XT5. Really glad I did!

by from on April 21, 2017

From the moment you get in the car, you know what Cadillac is about! Keyless start and doors, using just a fob, everything greets you. Push button start, kind of weird shifter with side button.

by from Matteson, IL on May 30, 2017

The red color looks very rich. I like the overall look of the vehicle. I handles the road nicely and has great turning radius.

by from Lakewood Ranch, FL on April 7, 2017

I test drove many cars this time around including the Mercedes ML, Lexus RX, Toyota Highlander, Ranger Rover. Although the Lexus was my favorite overall, the dealership wouldn't work with me on the numbers. Plus, the XT5 feels roomier in the back seat for my growing 10 yr old twins.

by from Nevada on June 26, 2017

No problems with mine mechanically so far, but it takes a while to learn all the features of my Platinum Model the manual is about 400 pages and it's a little involved because most of the systems are touch screen menus. Needed to meet need of tall and short person huge range of adjust-ability. Ac is cold, ride is quiet. It gets up there in price. Mine didn't have a spare tire comes with air sealer instead; not good for sidewall or certain flats, but it was an option if you order one. I would prefer an option to turn off auto start stop and have smaller wheels with more tire but not an option. More like an executive car than suv.

by from Shafter Ca on April 24, 2017

I absolutely love my new Cadillac! Driving is so much fun and the comfortable ride is beyond lovely.

Our Expert Review: 2017 Cadillac Xt 5