2017 XT5

2017 Cadillac XT5

2017 Cadillac XT5

Have You Driven the 2017 Cadillac XT5?

My First Impression is Very Positive

by Boris P. from Sammamish, WA on Sun Apr 09 2017

I love everything about this car. Comfort, very quiet, smooth ride, interior and exterior design, performance. I am rating 5 stars reliability with some reservations, as I bought my XT5 brand new, but with very good warranty. The gas mileage on average 22 mpg. Dash board is very user friendly and pleasantly designed. Cadillac XT5 CUE is very easy to use. Very spacious trunk.

Who Knew Safety and Sporty was soo Luxurious

by cadicarmann from Chicago, IL on Sat May 20 2017

I drive the Base Model 2017 Cadillac XT-5 and Cadillac has outdone themselves with this SUV I fell in love with it after the first drive on the expressway, which I drive frequently for my work commute, through loud construction and rough pavement the cabin remains quite through the noise and it drives smooth over the bumpy pavement as if it was floating on air! The Safety features are phenomenal, Love how the review mirror lights of the XT-5 flash when a vehicle enters your blind spot, the standard backup camera is crystal clear, the dash display flashes when you are veering out of your lane, and the speedometer display flashes the speed limit when you are driving too fast, which can be a bit annoying, but it just shows how much the vehicle is designed to care about the safety of the driver and passengers. The model I drive doesn't have a CD Player, but the media is connected via an aux cord or Bluetooth mode and what I like is that it will not connect to BT unless you are in Park which is a great safety feature if you have a teenage driver. The interior design of the XT-5 is crafted with the uttermost of perfection. I love how searching all the functions and buttons on the dashboard is not so intimidating as it can be in some cars that I have driven. Everything is at a fingertips touch! The touchscreen is a perfect size for fingers and viewing. The LED lighting is placed perfectly so there is never an interior blind spot during night driving! Black on Black leather and silver trim everywhere! As a driver in cold Chicago having not only heated seats, but a HEATED STEERING WHEEL!... Need I say more.... BUT I will I must not forget to mention the sound system kicks some major bass! The driveability and responsive handling of the XT-5 is just like a sports car, especially when you shift into the manual mode for a split second makes you forget it's a SUV. Also a huge plus is this SUV has some weight and stability to it. Those heavy rain and wind commutes on the expressway, when that big semi- truck passes you, the XT-5 stays anchored it doesn't wince, sputter, or shutter. The fuel efficiency is great as well, I fill up on $35 once a week and that's the end of that hassle. The XT-5 engine has an auto- shut- off feature when you come to a complete stop at a red light and when you release the brake it starts right back up without skipping a beat ready to take on the pavement. A luxury vehicle like the XT-5 that doesn't take premium fuel is okay in my book! Now I will admit, this SUV is a pretty penny, but you can't put a price on safety in my opinion. The 2017 Cadillac XT-5 is a SUV with a new type of standard of safety... The fact that it is in fact a luxury vehicle is a great bonus! I recommend this SUV to anyone who needs a great rental for a family road trip, for the UBER Select drivers or chauffeurs looking for a ride that will leave your costumers talking and coming back, for the parents looking for a safe SUV for the family who may have a new driver in the family, or even the driver like myself who likes to sit-up a bit higher in an SUV that has stability, but an essence of a sports car... I recommend the 2017 Cadillac XT-5 for us and for everyone!

2017 XT5

by Tom from Dix Hills, NY on Sat Feb 18 2017

I just picked up my new XT5 and I'm so happy I decided on this model. The ride and power is better than I had expected. This auto has all the luxury making driving a pleasure.

The smoothest ride ever

by Dlee from on Fri Apr 21 2017

From the moment you get in the car, you know what Cadillac is about! Keyless start and doors, using just a fob, everything greets you. Push button start, kind of weird shifter with side button.

Sexy and Sophisticated Car

by Luxury and Power Loving Lady from Lakewood Ranch, FL on Fri Apr 07 2017

I test drove many cars this time around including the Mercedes ML, Lexus RX, Toyota Highlander, Ranger Rover. Although the Lexus was my favorite overall, the dealership wouldn't work with me on the numbers. Plus, the XT5 feels roomier in the back seat for my growing 10 yr old twins.

Love my car!

by Pastorsgirl from Shafter Ca on Mon Apr 24 2017

I absolutely love my new Cadillac! Driving is so much fun and the comfortable ride is beyond lovely.

New Owner

by LisaD from Detroit, Mi on Tue Apr 25 2017

Love it! 1st time owning a Cadillac and enjoying it so far. The ride is comfortable and it handles great on the road.

A step up from BMW X Series

by The Long Ranger from Incline Village, Nevada on Sun Apr 23 2017

I had driven 3 BMW X3s for the last 9 years. I test drove a XT5 and decided right then to get one. Far more comfortable, especially on long drives. Handling is at least on par with the BMW, visibility is roughly the same. No complaints about acceleration and mileage on the road is in the 24-26 MPG range. Roomy interior including the rear seat. Impressive and distinctive styling. My main complaint is the Cue control/display arrangement. I think the touch screen control takes my eyes off the road for too long. I'm glad I took that test drive.

nothing better than a Cadillac

by mickey from LONG BEACH on Thu Sep 20 2018

I am 74 yrs. old and have owned many cars in my lifetime. All were General Motors from Oldsmobiles, Buicks, Pontiacs and Cadillacs. The ride comfort has gotten better and better. The styling has gotten sleeker and always have to take a second look. Most importantly is the confidence a driver has for the dependability in the name Cadillac.

Cadillac Xt5

by Bert L from Woodside, N.Y. on Wed May 03 2017

Only had it for less than a week and still learning all the controls but everything seems easy to learn. Ride is great and it's very comfortable, can't wait to take it on a road trip.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14

Our Take on the 2017 Cadillac XT5

The verdict: The 2017 Cadillac XT5 excels at offering a luxurious experience that should tempt midsize luxury crossover SUV shoppers — and worry its competitors.

Versus the competition: There’s no mistaking the
Cadillac XT5 for anything but a luxury car. It feels more composed than the Lexus RX 350, but lighter and more fun than the Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class. It also offers a more comfortable ride than either of them and has a top-of-the-class interior.

Exterior & StylingFrom the outside, the first thing that stands out about the Cadillac XT5 five-passenger SUV is how fresh it looks compared with the SRX it replaces. It's not that the SRX was an ugly car, but to my eye, it's been... Read More