1995 Chevrolet 1500

Most reliable car I ever known

by from Reno,nv on September 1, 2017

The car met all my needs to the fullest extent...so now when there is customer there they will feel just as much as part as our time
Not Rated Reliability

The Chevy k1500

by from Reno,nv on September 1, 2017

This car met all my needs no matter what I put it threw. I've towed literally about anything I can grab and pulling

Best truck I've ever had

by from Covington, GA on June 9, 2017

This truck gets good gas mileage and is very dependable. Cost to own is the lowest of any vehicle I've ever owned.

Great truck

by from South Mississippi on May 30, 2017

It has had its problems but all of them were minor repairs. I bought my '95 used with 177,000 on it I now have 197,000 and the motor still outta like a kitten I am having ongoing trouble with the AC. I still give it two thumbs up..

Good Truck for the Age

by from Kannapolis,NC on April 28, 2017

Owned it since new in 1995 and it's never let me down. I can count all the problems I've had with it on my hand over the span of 22 years.

95 silverado experienced comparison

by from Bedford,Kentucky on April 21, 2014

I bought a late production 95 silverado 4wd in 2006. It was my first truck, and an excellent one for a young country boy who will surely put it through he'll. When I got it it had 166000 miles on it and a 305 engine that the previous owners put in it after blowing up the original 350 from lack of maintenance. Who knows how old the engine was but at 172000, give or take a few hundred miles, the oil pump went out and caused the 305 to quickly sling a rod through the block. I put a 350 with a throttle body in it and immediately fell in love the new upgrade. It would lay black marks with all 4 tires if I felt like showing off. I am happy to report that even I was extremely hard on the truck in the 5 years I had it, I sold it to my dad who is still driving it today in 2014. It runs fine with no major repairs since the engine replacement, except for the transmission that went out at 278000 miles, and the truck has around 480000 miles on it now. I have since owned a 2000 silverado 2wd, a 2000 silverado4wd, and a 2002 silverado 4wd. All the 4wds had the z-71 off-road package, and the 3 newer ones had 5.3 vortex engines which were much quicker in the low end and seemed to have more torque, but when it came to playing off the pavement, the 95 had a much stronger 4wd system, handled heavier loads and never got stuck unless it was hung in the middle on a ledge tester tottering with the wheels off the ground. I hit some unexpected ice in 08 and slid it over a cliff backwards, kept it on its wheels all the way down and when it got to the creek at the bottom I got out n pushed it over so it was sitting in the creek bottom, locked in the front end and drove it right back out of there, a feat that to this day, even trying on purpose to climb out of that hill many trucks have tried and I'm have yet to see one make it all the way back out. So if your looking for a hard working truck or have a troublesome teen who is hard on vehicles, this is the perfect one for either situation.

Very good truck!

by from on March 6, 2014

I have a 95' Silverado 1500 with the 5.7 and it is absolutely amazing! It runs great and I have no problems at all. This is my first vechile it has only 134,000 miles and the only problem have had so far is a leaky line to the radiator and that's it. I have very bad tired with about 15% tread left but even with bad tires it runs like a beast! never have gotten stuck and I hit roads HARD! im really rough on it and it stil starts every day to be my daily driver! Very highly recommended as a first truck! kinda hard to find one under 200,000 miles anymore though

I have two of these Super reliable!

by from Bristol, CT. USA on November 7, 2013

I have two of these, 1 has 312k miles the other has 200k miles these trucks are bullet proof with regular maintenance!

Uses car for Towing

Overall a very good truck

by from Illinois on March 12, 2012

I just sold my 95 K1500 ext. cab z71 edition got it in 2003 with 55000 miles. 9 years and 130000 miles later the truck was still running strong. Great engines well worth the gas!! (and they love gas) over the years I replace 4 transmissions due to very rude use of my part, front ABS sensors are a common problem due to HUB bearings fast wear, ball joints, and front axle shafts. Big tires make this worst. I fix it my self all the time and work on my friends Chevy trucks and Tahoe's so I know the common problems, engine wise only regular wear on starter, alternator, water pump. Replace the master cilinder and put some good aftermarket rotors and pads. I bump my head every time I see my old Chevy on the road driven by somebody else specially on snow days. If you dont mind the cost of fuel get one they are like the commercial said The Longest Lasting Trucks In America.

Awsome

by from Middleville, MI on October 15, 2011

I Bought my Chevy truck used and i just hit 313,000 miles. I have replaced minimal things on it.alternator, starter, brakes. Its the most reliable car i ahve ever owned.The gas milage on it may not be the best but for someone who isnt drive far its a perfect truck