2003 Avalanche

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche

Have You Driven the 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche?

The Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned Bar None!

by Ive owned them all... from Los Angeles on Tue Jan 08 2008

I bought this 2003 Avalanche Z71 (4x4 without the body cladding) brand new. I have since put 174,000 miles on this vehicle and it has been perfect. I have never seen anything quite like it, I live in Los Angeles and do a lot of freeway driving but my first set of brake pads lasted 110,000 miles I thought this was unheard of but other Avalanche owners have told me the same. I have not had to have anything on this vehicle fixed period. It still has the original water pump, alternator, master cylinder etc... Under normal wear and tear I have put new shocks on the vehicle but not until 150,000 miles had gone by. My first set of Goodyear tires went 80,000 miles so did the second set!!!! The motor runs as strong as it ever did, does not burn oil does not leak oil it is just an amazing vehicle and I won't part with this one. Simply the best money I ever spent on a vehicle...

2003 Avalanche Z66

by Family Man from Montgomery AL on Wed Jun 14 2006

We purchased a 2003 Avalanche Z66 new and have loved it since we bought it. The ability to convert it to a long bed truck is great. I also love the 3 piece bed cover. The interior is very comfortable and the bose stereo is great. I drove a regular suspension and the Z66 before purchasing and the Z66 was well worth the money. It added a great "feel" driving the truck. The only downfall I've experienced is the 5.3 Litre engine isn't powerful enough for towing anything very heavy. All in all it's a great truck.

"Chevy hits a home run!"

by Ex Ford guy from Lafayette, IN on Thu Sep 06 2007

I bought mine new in 2003 without the plastic love the sunburst orange color. 60,000 miles and not one problem. Had 2 feet of snow last winter and it went everywhere no problem. Love the fold down rear plenty of room to store 4 X 8 sheets of plywood. I had a tahoe before this and loved it just about as much I would say the avalanche can hold and do more with. I've towed trailers with ease. Really can't picture being without it. My advise to you if you are looking at buying one get it! No one can build it any better than Chevy!

Best car I've ever owned! Bar none!

by Tim in San Diego from San Diego, CA on Sun Aug 20 2006

I've owned several cars, and the Avalance was my first "truck" but it is the best of the bunch. Easy to drive, extremely comfortable, and well appointed, this "truck" has it all. The Avalanche is a pure pleasure to drive. A powerful V8 engine and well tuned automatic transmission mean lots of power can be applied when needed or you can cruise the highway effortlessly in comfort while listening to your favorite music since the cabin is well insulated against road noise. The "midgate" design lives up to it's promise of creating a great passenger vehicle with the convenience and cargo area of a full size truck. What's more, with a weather protected covered bed, it's possible to carry even large loads and keep them protected from the elements. Picture being able to take home a stack of full sized sheets of drywall, and keep it dry, even on a rainy day. Search the web for Avalanche related web sites and discussion boards and you'll find a large community of die-hard fans and owner's clubs. Avalanche owners have many resources for information and advice on how to enjoy life with the Avalanche.

Excellent truck

by Pepe from Chicago, IL on Sat Apr 09 2016

Excellent truck! currently have about 205,000 miles and still running strong! Will definitely purchase a Chevy truck again!

GREAT Looking Truck

by Looking Good from Saint Louis on Mon Jan 09 2012

I just love the 2003 Chevy Avalanche, I just purchased. Cars.com really helped me locate the perfect truck I was looking for without leaving my house. Thanks cars.com

It was almost like a tool in my life.

by Joseson from Phoenix Az on Thu Sep 14 2017

It always came in handy, if we went to the beach I was lucky it has 4x4 switch, If I was moving it had the towing package and the bed for cargo that also converted into a full size pick up bed. I just to own a motorcycle too and that fit in the bed with the tail gate closed. The only reason I didn't rate it all 5 stars was because after it hit 200,000 miles parts begun to give up on me.

2003 avalanche

by GP5 from Houston, TX on Mon Jan 16 2012

I own two of these trucks. I have have had both of them for 7 years. They haven't gave me problems. Runs great, and the only down part on these trucks is the small bed there is but it extends so that makes up for it. I give the truck a 4.5 out of 5

Best vehicle I've had

by Dave from Poughkeepsie, NY on Thu Mar 22 2012

I brought this truck used 6 months ago and I love it. It is by far my favorite vehicle I've owned. It's almost 10 years old and has close to 100k miles but it runs and drives great still. The only thing I would change about it if I could is getting the MPG's up from 12 to about 20 if that was possible

03 avalanche

by Jojo from Wa on Sat May 12 2018

196k just back from San Antonio?s no issues luv 5.3 decent gas mpg considering speed must of the way 80-90 mph higher speed limits in different states Was real happy no problems. Had 88yr dad emergency trip Very Happy

1 2 3