2007 Avalanche

4.7 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Smartest Car Enginbe I EVER owned!

by Truckin Sam from on December 20, 2010

In addition to the fabulous LTZ trim/comfort package, I absolutely love the engine in this truck! It shuts dow 4 of the 8 cylinders whenever it can (level ground and downhill) increasing the MPG by at least 5 or more. For example, I drove across the Appalacioan mountain on Interstate 77 from central Ohio to southern North Carolina and got a whopping 19.2 MPG! My old Silverado would get about 8 to 12 MPG depending on the load being carried/towed.

Best truck I have ever owned

by Extreme deal shopper from Sanford, NC on March 28, 2010

I love my Avalanche. Looked at everything and shopped everywhere for the best deal. Owned Chevy, GMC, Nissan and Toyota trucks. Was going back to a Toyota but they are way over priced. Fell in love with all the STUFF on the Chevy. Bought a 2007 and an extended warranty (just in case) and still way under a similar equipped Tundra. I have the LT with the LTZ package. This truck drives and handles better than any of the others. My kids watch movies and my wife and I listen to XM radio and its just wonderful comfort. It has been extremely reliable to this point. Drive one and see for yourself. Everyone that sees it wants one.

2007 Chevy Avalanche LT3

by jake1234 from muncie, in on July 22, 2010

Best truck or car I've ever had. Rides like a Cadillac. The only problem I ever had was that the transmission went out about a year into owning it. It was under warranty though and was fixed in no time.

Better than I expected.

by '07 Avalanche from Cambridge, OH on November 29, 2010

I bought the Avalanche to have a 4WD vehicle for winter and to tow a boat. The Avalanche does a great job of towing the boat and handles great. The interior is spacious and comfortably seats 5 adults. I would definitely recommend.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by Sports Car Enthusiast from on May 1, 2011

Most Reliable truck I've Owned and the vehicle and my individual experience driving it is great. Get one and enjoy.

2007 Avalanche

by rico from Davis, California on January 30, 2012

This is a niche truck for the recreational/professional type of person since it can do it all with 280 horses and real 4-wheel drive. Ability to put the 3 covers over the tailgate and keep a lot of tools is the key and also so easy to get the 3 covers off when emptying. Fitting in a standard garage by just about 10 inches helps also since the big cab trucks are over a foot longer to start with! I hope to give it a 5-star reliability but haven't owned it long enough. Have seen some of these with lots of miles which bodes well for longevity. Plastic of course doesn't hold up too well for looks but it is plenty thick so no bending... Economy isn't what they advertise either. Lucky to get 18 on freeway (not 21)! The driver's seat could also be a little more comfortable with no real lombard support!

the best truck

by 07AVAY from on October 23, 2011

:) i love my truck. havnt had any problems. hate the fact that the avalanche doesnt get recognized in the truck community the way that it should, but overall its an amazing truck... the only real issue i have is taking off the bed lids when hauling stuff. it can be a pain sometimes to take off and put back on.

07 avalanche

by tileguy from Massachusetts on August 7, 2011

Best truck I ever bought. The only thing I don't like is there is no bed liner. other than that it is the perfect truck for everything

front suspension problems

by Mike03 from syracuse ny on March 15, 2017

i bought it at 116,000 and everything started to go wrong with suspension ball joints, bearings, cv axle, plus more HVAC fuse blew due to actuators stuck had to do brakes twice, bad on gas and consumed a lot of oil. but great quality great right, a lot of power get a tahoe or silverado --- don't try to go in between with this truck, heavy that's why i had to do brakes twice, a tahoe is much more reliable even though they're almost the same

Does not recommend this car!!

Best truck out there

by Mnardi from Winter Haven, FL on June 30, 2014

My friends are jealous and my family love it. The versatility that the Avalanche offers is unmatched. It simply hauls things and protects things in a way that the conventional truck can not. I recently purchased a couch and all i did was drop the midgate and remove the window and the new couch slid right into the cab and i was able to close the tailgate without using any straps of any sort. I was able to haul it without worry. The next weekend I turned on on the 4x4 feature and drove through the woods with the family to get to our cabin. It rained during our 3 hour trip and all of luggage that was locked away in the bed was secure and dry. The only negative I can find with this truck is that after it being about 6 years old I have to carry a quart of oil with me in the side cargo storage compartment because i am burning oil very quickly. I make it on average 1500-2000 miles after an oil change before my low oil light comes on. That being said, I plan to drive this truck into the ground until it forces me to move on. And the best feature of the new body Avalanche? It will never be out of date because this truck has been discontinued after the 2013 model year. Youll always own the newest body style of the truck out there!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8