1998 Camaro

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Amazing

by SLPSS from Cleveland, OH on May 7, 2009

I have wanted an SS Camaro since 1998, when 2007 rolled around I finally was in a place where I could buy one. I use it as a daily driver in the nice months and love every minute of it. I can get 30mpg on the highway and it still is the best bargain for performance on the road. If you want a fun car that has a good price and solid fuel economy, this is it.

Puts a grin on my face...

by Robert from Leesburg, Virginia on October 15, 2007

I bought the car used in 2004. Haven't had any issues with it other than the O2 sensors and knock sensor. Which, if you have any skill at all turning a wrench, you can do yourself. The car is basically stock other than exhaust, intake and computer program. The Z puts a smile on my face all the time. For the price, this is a good performance car. Other cars out there with the same or around the same amount of power do not plant you into your seat so much as the Z does. Still makes me feel like a kid. If you want a good all around sports car but do not want to pay the price for a super car. These are good cars to have and, after maket parts for performance and appearance are in abundance. The LS1 engine is a popular engine to modify. It's unbelievable the potential of this engine. In all a good sports car!

Camaro SS

by Silver Bullet from Indiana on January 30, 2007

I bought the '98 SS while a sophomore in High School. I'm now a Freshman in college, and the car has been great to me. It has around 63k miles on it, and it runs great. The best thing about the car, is the way it handles and the speed. Granted its not a Porsche or high priced exotic, but for a great price, you get a ton of Horse power, the '98 SS puts out 325 HP, and you feel all of it. The car also handles well around corners and is great on dry pavement. However, with the sport tires, the car doesn't handle well in the snow at all, but that just forces me to keep my baby in the garage during the winter. Can't complain with that, the body styling is aggressive, and it turns heads just about everywhere you go. A great car to cruise around in and have some fun, while also being practical at the same time. Seating for adults in the back seats is difficult, and I would not recommend it on long trips, but for a short time, people can handle it. The ride is great for a sports car, but you still feel the road beneath you. But when your in a car built for speed and handling, the ride can be sacrificed. Trunk space is limited. I would recommend this car to just about anyone who has the time and will respect the car and its features. The Camaro is a must to drive, and own. Especially when you can respect the true American Muscle.

AMERICAN MUSCLE

by camaroman101 from il on October 17, 2006

This is a great car to own. I am a highschool student and could only afford a 98 v6. It has low pickup but accelerates quickly and has great handling. If you're worried about safety it has a 5 star frontal crash safety rating and i think a 4 star side impact rating. rack and pionon steering and very reliable.

Best Fun per $, very reliable performance car

by Z man from Atlanta, Georgia on August 1, 2006

My wife drives our 98' Z 28 convertible to work but I get it on the weekends. We currently have 105,000 miles on it. Oil is changed every 5000 miles and car has been serviced per GM's recommendations. The engine turns 2000 RPM @ 75mph, gets 23 MPG, is very quick, will go 150mph, and is a ball to drive. Only problem we have had was covered under warranty; the needle bearing retainers on the rocker arms failed about 62,000 miles. Dealer replaced and it has run like a watch ever since. The motor and transmission (auto) are extremely dependable and the rear end is good in stock form. With major mods, the rear end is simply not strong enough. This is the BEST performance car for the money you can buy. We paid $10,500 for it with 52,500 miles on it and it is still an eye catching, fun to drive, fast, and reliable high performance car.

Absolutely American Muscle!

by Andy from Pa on March 9, 2013

I owned 4 Camaros growing up and then sold the last one for something a little more family oriented. Finaly 14 years later I bought a 98 SS. Every Camaro i owned was a solid all around car. I never had any major issues with any of them that weren't my fault for being young and dumb.

Most Reliable & Gas Economic Car I ever owned

by Ceaser from Miami, Fl on September 7, 2006

This was my first car straight out of high school and let me tell you that is was perfect, i owed it for 6 years and never had a major repair at all. Unlike the mustang, this car is overall quality and performance. Great in the rain, Great in Sun , and Great overall. Came with the sports Package with 235/r16 tires and power everything, This car has features that some high end luxury cars do not have, like automatic lights, and power driver seat and keyless entry. overall if you are looking for money value car, that is very reliable and very fast, the camaro is the car for you. whether you be at a midlife sportcar need or a teenager looking for a great looking car, the camaro will always be the pinnacle sportscar

MOST DEPENDABLE!!!

by Camaro king from ?St. Petersburg on April 24, 2012

this car will last you a really long time. i think that it is great as a first car. and also as a family car. to get this car is a steal and is worth every dime.

Cheap, Beutiful, Performance

by Corvette Mechanic from New Orleans, Louisiana on August 9, 2007

this car is very reliable, and definetly in the price range of any teenager, there are many used ones out there, and they will stand the test of time, besides looking great, they handle well, have a faitly powerful v6, and an extremely powerful v8, chevy also makes the most fuel efficient sportscars, interior is nice however some of it is cheap plastic(General Motors usually is) and it does ride like a sportscar, but that never bothered me.

A grin with a pedal

by Brandon from Indianapolis Ind on December 15, 2013

I love my 1998 Z28 Camaro m6.I loved them when they came out in in the 90s, now I have had 2 94 Z28's 1 94 T/A m6 now a 98 z28 never had problems and these cars are very fast you cant beat it for the money they put a smile on my face when I put the pedal down and great mpg I put a 6.0L in my car and I still get 29-30mpg got to love that best car I have ever owned hands down.

1 2 3