1999 Chevrolet Camaro

Very good value for the money

by from beltsville md on September 5, 2007

Sweet looking, great handling, safe car for a very low price! And very economical with the V-6 engine

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from Lima on July 27, 2007

Most Reliable Car I've Owned i have one and its great i love it my friend has one nad he loves it its great my cousin has one and he loves it and its great. All around good car fast and fun.

The most bang for the buck!

by from Michigan on July 11, 2007

I have a 1999 Camaro z28. This is the most performance I could find for my money. The engine is a 305 horse power LS1 V8. Same engine as in the Corvettes of the era. The transmission is a Manual 6-speed T-56. Acceleration is excellent. The body styling is overall good. A couple things I don't like are the headlights and the large doors. The car is long, low and wide. Looks very sleek from the side. Handling is very good, although it has it's limits. It's ride is fairly smooth for a sports/muscle car. The interior is OK. It is roomy for two people. It has a back seat that is tight for adults but good enough for two kids. It's pretty plain and pretty cheap. The guages are easy to read and everything is in a functional location. One thing that I dislike is the bump on the passenger side floor. Although I am always in the drivers seat, some people complain about it. I would recommend this car to a person that wants high performance for reasonable price. It is a blast to drive!

1999 Camaro SS Convertible

by from Minnesota on April 8, 2013

Just purchased a 99 Camaro SS Convertible and took it for a drive. More comfortable than i thought it would be for someone my size. Body is in great shape for a 14 year old car, and the top looks like new and operates perfectly. Looking forward to many years of driving pleasure with this car!

Overall an amazing car.

by from Sumter, SC on September 1, 2011

I bought my 2000 chevrolet camaro v6 when it had 75k miles. It has 175k miles now and still runs like it always has, GREAT! The v6 is great for those people who want a great looking car that can beat other cars out on the road but won't suck gas and be a burden to insure. Stock, it is 200 hp and 245 ft/lb. And its 0-60 is faster than the mustang gt of this era. plus with some ait intake modifications and a new exhaust your pushing 225hp+. Great car, great fun, great price. I recomend this car to anyone. GET THE T TOPS!!!

crash

by from long island, ny on July 4, 2009

lost control of our 1999 Camaro z28 hydroplaned hit a guard rail, then shot off and flipped 5 times and slide on the roof. car stopped about 150 feet later. me and my friend crawled out of the window and walked away with only scratches.i recommend this car to anyone, car had around 132k and still a safe car.

One Bad SS Camaro!

by from NJ on August 14, 2009

The Camaro to me was never dead! Powerful engine, great sounding exhaust, a look of class as well of sport. Easy to Modify to make those haters, hate!

Worst Mistake of MY LIFE!!

by from Orlando, FL on April 30, 2008

I have owned my 99 Camaro for 4 years now, I purchased it for 7000 and have put about that much into it on repairs alone, not counting general up keep, i.e. oil changes, tires, alignments etc. It is the worst car that I have ever owned!! Every other month it seems to have a new problem!! So if you are interested in purchasing one make sure you have the money to keep it running, worst mistake of my life. Granted the body style looks awesome but when the car dies meaning blown headgasket and then throwing 2 rods, definatly not worth the headaches, if I'd of known what I know now, I would have just walked away from my "Dream Car" which turned into a nightmare.

Has-been piece of junk!

by from Texas on May 23, 2008

I bought my 99 Camaro 3.8 V6 about 2 weeks ago and have and trouble since the first 2 days. The service engine light came on then it started to shake really bad and almost died. I put new plugs and wires on it and that worked for a day. Now it runs like that all the time. I just wish it would die and get it over with, but I dont think it will be long!

A great bang for the buck!!

by from on May 7, 2017

Simply put it's one of the best platforms for performance. They will be worth more than new in the future. Buy one now before they fetch way more money.

Similar Models