2017 Camaro

2017 Chevrolet Camaro

5 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2017 Chevrolet Camaro?

2017 ZL1 with A10 Transmission - WOW

by Mike from Falmouth, ME on Mon Mar 27 2017

650HP is just amazing in this car. The A10 Transmission works flawlessly and is something special. The Recaro Seats are very comfortable for even long drives, but hold you in. The Brembo brakes are strong. The car represents one of those rare times, when its value is greater then even the sum of its awesome parts. GM did a great job with this one.

convertible sports car

by ROMAS JOHN JUODIS from Montreal, Canada (YUL) on Wed Dec 06 2017

I PURCHASED A 2017 RS 2LT CONVERTIBLE WITH THE V6 ,AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION,DUAL EXHAUST AND 20 INCH WHEELS. I WAS QUITE SURPRISED TO FIND HOW FAST AND CAPABLE THE VEHICULE WAS.EXCELLANT ON GAS AND QUITE A SHARP LOOKING CAR. IT IS A NICE CAR TO DRIVE ON A SUNNY DAY. JUST WATCH THE REAR VISABILITY AND SHORT SPACE IN THE REAR PASSENGER SEATS. CONGRATS CHEVROLET ON A GOOD SPORTY CAR.

2SS - Performance monster

by GPSkinzhut from Knoxville, TN on Fri Mar 31 2017

The 6th gen Camaro, in my opinion, is a wonderfully refined progression of the 5th gen design. Carrying the iconic styling points from the 5th gen that the 5th gen carried from the 1st gen. It's a gorgeous machine inside and out with the only potential exception being the tail light design, but even that is growing on me. From a performance perspective this is an AMAZING machine. Handles like it's on rails, very comfortable ride, gobs of power on demand. The 6 speed manual is silky smooth. The interior design is very good, lots of buttons and features, though some of the controls aren't what I'd call intuitive (the fan & temp controls for example). I found the window controls to be too far set back. The seats do not recline nearly enough and the back seat might as well not even be there. If the front two passengers are taller than 5'5", the back seats are pretty much only usable to someone 2' tall or a double amputee. The trunk is a tad on the small side, but I doubt I'd ever use its full capacity in the first place. There's nowhere to really put a mobile phone as the console compartment (if you could call it that) is undersized. The interior is more cramped (or condensed rather) than a 5th generation Camaro, but it is still very comfortable. The visibility is about on par with a convertible 5th gen. The side impact indicators on the mirrors help with the blind spots but I still wouldn't rely solely on them. In most cases while shopping, I found the car to be pretty expensive. Almost prohibitively so. But deals can be found if you're willing to do some travel to take advantage. For a toy, weekend racer, or for someone who isn't going to drive more than 2 people 99.9% of the time, saying this is a fun FUN vehicle is a wild understatement. If you need more space or utility than what the car provides, you're better off looking elsewhere.

A True Sportscar.

by caddiso1 from Champion Heights, Ohio. on Sat Oct 27 2018

I have a 2017 Camaro 2LT RS V6. It is my daily driver. I did drive it in the snow last year, and I live in NE Ohio. I didn’t buy snow tires, I used the OEM all seasons and snow and ice mode. I had no problems. I’m at 15,000 miles. I recommend this car to anyone who would want one, it’s not a car you accidentally purchase. Comfort- this is a sports car I had the RS so the giant 20 wheels can be a little rough on terrible roads. The inside is small. If you want to carry 4 people on a daily basis...not going to happen. The leather seats are comfortable, heated and ventalated seats are good. Ventalated are only good when the AC is on. I took my car from Ohio to Mrytle Beach SC and had no issues for the 10 hour drive. Except now I’m trying to move to South Carolina since I love it down there! I have the lighting and convince package on my car and the spectrum lighting is beautiful at night, the heads up display is nice to have, the larger screen in the gauge cluster is nice as well. The blind spot and rear traffic alert is nice to have but not a requirement as others say. Camaro or not you should be looking around and paying attention around you. I’m 5 11 I have no issues seeing out of it. Just set the mirrors correctly, you’ll be fine. Winter driving- as long as you use snow/ice mode you’ll be fine. Most important thing is, wash and wax the car!!! I washed my car every time the temps went above 40 degrees. Wash the underneath too. People will tell you that daily will make it rust in a season....wrong. Just wash your car. If you have the money to buy a Camaro you should have the money to wash and wax it. I Use, Chemical Guys Jet Seal, then some Meguairs Ultimate Wax, then a final coat of Meguairs Gold Class. Wax it every 2 weeks in the winter. Performance- the V6 is amazing as stock. I have the non-NPP (2 pipes), and it sounds amazing. Way better than the Turbo 4 model. Spend the extra 1,500 for the V6. The Hydromac 8L45 is amazing as a performance transmission, in sport mode it makes amazing crackle sounds on every shift! With the A8 the V6 rockets to 60mph in 5.1 seconds. Reliability- the LGX V6 engine won awards for the most reliable engine in 2016 i do believe the engine will last. The 8L45 transmission is the problem. GMs transmission is a odd one. There is a major issue with ’the shutter’. Google it. GMs bandaid fix of flushing the transmission 3 times doesn’t work. You usually have to have the Torque Converter replaced. It’s under warranty, BUT I am not sure how it will be in the long term. Although, GM announced that they will have a permanent fix in early 2019. Just be aware if your car feels like it is driving over rumble strips and the RPMs start fluctuating. Otherwise that’s all I can think of off the top of my head right now. Key points: Amazing car, great daily driver, reliable, great performance, winter driving is good as long as you wash it!, and enjoy :) go buy one!

American Reliabilty

by NYTrekkie from Spring Hill, FL on Wed Nov 22 2017

My 2017 Fiftieth Anniversary Camaro is the car that brings back memories of my youth. It is not only very reliable but it is a blast to drive and I only have the 6 cylinder. It has plenty of power to get me to 60 and beyond. It is also very economical as the normally aspirated 6 takes regular gas which is $.50 per gallon cheaper than premium! The turbo 4 and the 8 cylinder both take premium.

What a Car

by Q Ngo from Branford, CT on Fri Mar 31 2017

Very few words can articulate how amazing this car is. The power and performance is intoxicating. Many cars are fast on paper, but this one actually feels like it's putting its power to the ground properly. The dual mode exhaust sounds glorious while allowing me to turn down the loudness when I don't want it. The technology in this car is also quite impressive. There's a bright and colorful HUD that makes me feel like I'm in the fighter jet. The infotainment system is advance, fast, and intuitive. The cockpit with its lighting features also feels futuristic. On the outside, I fall in love all over again every time I open the garage. Love this car and it exceeds every expectations I have for a car at this price point.

SS 1LE, true duel use car & track capable.

by 2017 SS 1LE from Melbourne, Florida on Mon Mar 13 2017

Amazing car, can be configured for comfort (Wife has back issues) and a monster for me on track days. Very solid build quality, check it out value for the money is amazing. You could not build this for twice the price (My first Camaro was a 1969 and have owned 6)

Awesome!!!!

by Cj17 from Sacramento on Sat Mar 18 2017

I absolutely love this car from the exterior styling to the raw V-8 power. It's not a car I would drive every day but just looking at it in my garage makes me happy.

6th Gen American muscle

by Firerader from Roanoke, Texas on Fri Oct 13 2017

I've owned two 4th gen's, two 5th gen's and now a 6th gen and this one is amazing. If you have a need for American muscle that won't break the bank this is your car. I can only say one negative thing about the car and that is you still have the blind spots on your rear corners. Other than that I only have positive things to say about the car and that list is long. The addition of many high end sports car features to this car make it heads above the 5th gen car.

Nicest car I’ve ever owned.

by KReese24 from Henderson, NC on Thu Aug 23 2018

This car is awesome and amazing beyond words. It’s got everything you could want or need in a car plus more. It does have a small interior, so if you’re really tall or just a bigger type person, you may not be as comfortable. It’s more of a luxury ride than an every day ride for me just because I did get the SS. It is a heavy gas drinker in the city but great gas mileage on the highway. I would definitely recommend the Camaro SS to anyone who likes a nice, fast car with many different capabilities.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27

Our Take on the 2017 Chevrolet Camaro

The verdict:

Featuring all the drawbacks and none of the visceral pleasures of more powerful Camaros, the turbocharged four-cylinder RS model is not our preferred version.

Versus the competition:

The four-cylinder Ford Mustang EcoBoost is more comfortable, upscale and entertaining to drive than the four-cylinder Camaro, but the Chevy beats the aging Hyundai Genesis Coupe in the value department. The Dodge Challenger is much larger than the Chevy, and while it’s more comfortable and useful, it’s not nearly as athletic as the Camaro.

Editor’s note: This review was written in May 2016 for the 2016 Camaro Turbo. For 2017, Chevrolet has added a new 50th Anniversary Edition and will be introducing the new ZL1 high-performance version, but this model is unchanged. To see what’s new for 2017, click here, or to see a side-by-side comparison of the two model years, click here.

The Chevrolet Camaro received its first major update in years for 2016, and we have thoroughly enjoyed it in both SS V-8 (see the review) and RS V-6 forms. Both of those models are outstanding performance cars; the SS even won our 2016 V-8 Muscle Car Challenge. Now a third powertrain has joined the lineup at the entry level – a turbocharged 2.0-liter... Read More