2007 Cobalt

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

4.1

Have You Driven the 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt?

alright car for "point A to point B" driving

by drive a cobalt but want a z from chicago, IL on Mon Oct 19 2009

I drive a 2.4 ss. I have to admit the acceleration is great for a naturally aspirated four cylinder engine. The styling isn't bad either, especially if you have the leather package. BUT...the part that gets me with this car is the quality and craftsmanship (not the engine or drivetrain, those are awesome as of yet). The silver accents in the cockpit might seem pretty stylish, too bad they doesn't stay there. The silver paint wears off quickly, small things that you wouldn't think of break easily..like the switch for the moon-roof for example. The plastic ring around the switch fell off for no real reason and I have to goof around with the switch until it works. Also the trunk broke on me, (from wear and tear I guess? I barely open it except for groceries and it won't latch right now and I permanently have a light for "trunk ajar" now..even though from what I can tell that sucker is closed) The interior is cheap plastic. I'm a performance and aesthetic nut though, so it's the wrong car for me in the first place. To give an unbiased opinion...the car moves well for what it is, is dependable, and is a good value for the price. If you're looking for a strong runner and not really a car enthusiast but are looking for a little "zing" when you hit the acceleration for not a lot of money, it's a good car, given the gas mileage is pretty nice too. It has a feature that tells you your mpg based on average. Mine is around 28 steadily (mixture of rural and highway driving) For a car enthusiast..this won't be your "baby", but if this is what you can afford..it's actually a pretty decent little car despite what your friends might tell you.

Best choice I even made.

by Linds from Southgate, Michigan on Thu Oct 27 2011

Its a car well worth the money if you find one worth it. I bought mine with 47,000 miles on it for $9,000, which is a great deal! It rides smooth, tires are a bit expensive but overall a great car. Gas mileage is above what they say, I currently get about 27 mpg. If you do purchase this car I would take it to a dealership to be check for recalls. My was clean but it doesn't hurt or cost you a penny. I love my car and believe I made a great decision in purchasing it.

Very good car until recently

by GoTigger from Sherwood Oregon on Tue Mar 26 2019

Have mostly loved my 07 Cobalt for years tho it's kind of challenging the past few years...excellent gas mileage, long lasting shiny paint, big windows for driving visibility, zippy (until the past few years,) roomy, & it feels safer because it's large for a compact car...Cons: driver door lock broke several times even after I paid for repairs. & recently sometimes the door locks freeze up in winter under 34*F, so I can't get the key in the locks!- maybe if I could afford new Fobs, that would help? So I cover the handles during freezing nights. & since about 2017, evap system's loud/has a leak...So the car does not accelerate smoothly or quietly, especially uphill (That & an airbag error lite issue & an electric short? in rear defogger sounded too spendy for me to repair, tho I bought parts & friends & mechanics tried to help w/ cheap fixes that didn't work.) Tough to reach the headlites to replace them..until 1 savvy guy figured out how to just replace the tiny bulb by awkward finagling- without pulling the whole front section/encasing off the car. Other minor & a little frustrating 'older car issues'...I keep putting pieces back in place when they fall off: cubby lid between the front seats, blinker switch cover, parking break button. But overall still a good (tho kind of noisy now) car...Wish things like the Evap, Airbag error light, & recurring door lock issues were covered by recalls--even working a little overtime, I only earn 37k a year for the state of Oregon. My Cobalt recently passed 200k miles. I did have recalls fixed such as the fuel system.

Really a great car for the money.

by Jeff4066 from Winston-Salem, NC on Fri Nov 07 2008

Yes, it is a bit plastic-y and cheap looking for some of the interior. I do have a slight issue that the entire interior is grey (in my case) plastic. Barring that issue, it's comfortable for my long legs, and has plenty of front-seat room. The rear area is smaller, but I knew that and it wasn't a concern. It has enough power in the 2.2 litre version for me, and if you don't drive like a fool, you can get much better than the sticker milage. What I'd like to change? The lean-forward headrests that won't let my neck rest on anything. And I would like a telescoping steering column, as my long legs cause me to have my seet a bit back farther than my arms would like. This is well worth the money. Not a lot of bells and whistles, but a relatively bullet-proof car for the money.

Best for the money.

by 2 tall from milwaukee wi. on Mon Jun 27 2011

Great MPG fun to drive ,Styling is very sharp plus chevrolet cobait has great resale value way down the road.

Great gas mileage very reliable

by Largoguide from Asheville, NC on Sun Dec 02 2018

The only people to own this car have been my father and myself and it been very reliable, great gas mileage. Replaced the fuel pump a couple months ago and that’s the only issue it’s ever had

Bad gas leak from the feed line and vapor line

by Rattitude17 from Clarksville on Wed Dec 12 2018

There needs to be a serious recall on this car. Already have been in some states. It has been an ongoing issue of the gas leak near the exhaust pipe and it's a great dangerous hazard of an explosive situation getting ready to happen if it is not made aware of the fact that it is the same thing for the same year and model.

Does not recommend this car!!

Insane car

by Cobalt Rockz from on Mon Jun 28 2010

I have Always loved Chevy Cobalts, But this one takes the cake it is the best performing, sleekest, most stylish Cobalt out of all the ones i have seen this no doubt shows the Greatness of the Chevrolet Cobalt

2007 colbolt

by SilverSkarlet from California on Sat Sep 01 2012

I love my little car! No problems yet! I dig the bright electronic gage and the center console <3 I only wish there was a little more room in the back seat.

Good car

by Cobalt07 from Goodland, Ks. on Mon Jul 02 2012

Bought a 2007 Cobalt Ls 2 door from a private owner. Reasonable price @ $7,500 for having just 51,000 miles. Only thing I didn't like was no electric windows, door locks nor cruise control. Other than that everything was great! Good little car, 5 speed manual, & great on fuel mileage. Thanks! 7/2/12

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

Our Take on the 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

It carries a namebadge with “SS” and “supercharger” designations, telltale signs this coupe may be compact in size but has enough muscle for spirited zero-to-60-m.p.h. sprints, just like the big boys.

Of course, with the price of a gallon of gas now topping the price of a pint of water, anyone spotted in a car carrying either badge risks the wrath of the self-anointed energy police, those keen on dictating what people drive.

Fear not, the supercharged Chevrolet Cobalt SS coupe also carries a window sticker giving it license to ply the streets alongside the battery-powered cars those in charge of political correctness deem worthy of flag-waving Americans.

That sticker reads 22... Read More