2007 Cobalt

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

$809 - $8,237  MSRP Range
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

4.1

Have you driven the 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt?

alright car for "point A to point B" driving

by drive a cobalt but want a z from chicago, IL on Mon Oct 19 2009

I drive a 2.4 ss. I have to admit the acceleration is great for a naturally aspirated four cylinder engine. The styling isn't bad either, especially if you have the leather package. BUT...the part that gets me with this car is the quality and craftsmanship (not the engine or drivetrain, those are awesome as of yet). The silver accents in the cockpit might seem pretty stylish, too bad they doesn't stay there. The silver paint wears off quickly, small things that you wouldn't think of break easily..like the switch for the moon-roof for example. The plastic ring around the switch fell off for no real reason and I have to goof around with the switch until it works. Also the trunk broke on me, (from wear and tear I guess? I barely open it except for groceries and it won't latch right now and I permanently have a light for "trunk ajar" now..even though from what I can tell that sucker is closed) The interior is cheap plastic. I'm a performance and aesthetic nut though, so it's the wrong car for me in the first place. To give an unbiased opinion...the car moves well for what it is, is dependable, and is a good value for the price. If you're looking for a strong runner and not really a car enthusiast but are looking for a little "zing" when you hit the acceleration for not a lot of money, it's a good car, given the gas mileage is pretty nice too. It has a feature that tells you your mpg based on average. Mine is around 28 steadily (mixture of rural and highway driving) For a car enthusiast..this won't be your "baby", but if this is what you can afford..it's actually a pretty decent little car despite what your friends might tell you.

Nice car

by Brandon from Effie, MN on Wed May 25 2011

My cobalt is everything I expected it to be. It handles amazing, the transmission shifts flawlessly and the gas mileage is superb. The interior is pretty stylish however, it is made out of plastics that are somewhat cheap. I have already broken a vent cover after only a few weeks :(. This is the way most new vehicles are though. But for the price, the reliability, and the amazing style of this car, it cannot be beat by the competition.

Best choice I even made.

by Linds from Southgate, Michigan on Thu Oct 27 2011

Its a car well worth the money if you find one worth it. I bought mine with 47,000 miles on it for $9,000, which is a great deal! It rides smooth, tires are a bit expensive but overall a great car. Gas mileage is above what they say, I currently get about 27 mpg. If you do purchase this car I would take it to a dealership to be check for recalls. My was clean but it doesn't hurt or cost you a penny. I love my car and believe I made a great decision in purchasing it.

Overall Good Car

by Dalton from Maryland on Wed Dec 28 2011

I got a 2007 Chevy Cobalt SS with the 2.4 naturally aspirated engine and a manual transmission a couple months ago. Although the vehicle was used it runs amazing. It has great acceleration and a smooth transmission. The outside of the car is very stylish but the inside for the most part is fairly average (cloth, plastic trim, etc.) For being a small coupe it has quite a lot of room in it. An average sized person can fit in the back and not feel cramped at all. The car comes with a great stock system in it as-well.

Best for the money.

by 2 tall from milwaukee wi. on Mon Jun 27 2011

Great MPG fun to drive ,Styling is very sharp plus chevrolet cobait has great resale value way down the road.

2006 Chevy Cobalt Ls Coupe

by Baltxo from Florida on Tue Oct 02 2012

I bought my cobalt 3 years ago now w/ just over 30k miles on it. I've kept up with the regular maintenance & always gotten my oil changes at 3k miles. It drives just as well as it did the day I drove it off the lot. Its been reliable to the max & never left me stranded. I've got just about 75k miles on her now & the gas mileage has even improved! I love my cobalt (:

Really a great car for the money.

by Jeff4066 from Winston-Salem, NC on Fri Nov 07 2008

Yes, it is a bit plastic-y and cheap looking for some of the interior. I do have a slight issue that the entire interior is grey (in my case) plastic. Barring that issue, it's comfortable for my long legs, and has plenty of front-seat room. The rear area is smaller, but I knew that and it wasn't a concern. It has enough power in the 2.2 litre version for me, and if you don't drive like a fool, you can get much better than the sticker milage. What I'd like to change? The lean-forward headrests that won't let my neck rest on anything. And I would like a telescoping steering column, as my long legs cause me to have my seet a bit back farther than my arms would like. This is well worth the money. Not a lot of bells and whistles, but a relatively bullet-proof car for the money.

Insane car

by Cobalt Rockz from on Mon Jun 28 2010

I have Always loved Chevy Cobalts, But this one takes the cake it is the best performing, sleekest, most stylish Cobalt out of all the ones i have seen this no doubt shows the Greatness of the Chevrolet Cobalt

Good car

by Cobalt07 from Goodland, Ks. on Mon Jul 02 2012

Bought a 2007 Cobalt Ls 2 door from a private owner. Reasonable price @ $7,500 for having just 51,000 miles. Only thing I didn't like was no electric windows, door locks nor cruise control. Other than that everything was great! Good little car, 5 speed manual, & great on fuel mileage. Thanks! 7/2/12

2007 colbolt

by SilverSkarlet from California on Sat Sep 01 2012

I love my little car! No problems yet! I dig the bright electronic gage and the center console <3 I only wish there was a little more room in the back seat.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

It carries a namebadge with "SS" and "supercharger" designations, telltale signs this coupe may be compact in size but has enough muscle for spirited zero-to-60-m.p.h. sprints, just like the big boys.

Of course, with the price of a gallon of gas now topping the price of a pint of water, anyone spotted in a car carrying either badge risks the wrath of the self-anointed energy police, those keen on dictating what people drive.

Fear not, the supercharged Chevrolet Cobalt SS coupe also carries a window sticker giving it license to ply the streets alongside the battery-powered cars those in charge of political correctness deem worthy of flag-waving Americans.

That sticker reads 22 m.p.g. city/30 m.p.g. highway... Read More