2010 Cobalt

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have You Driven the 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt?

Found a gem!

by Ronda from Portland, MI on Sat Oct 07 2017

This car meets all of my needs...Was looking for a good used car to commute to work, under 100K miles...One owner, low mileage (51K), CLEAN, excellent gas mileage.

Has no style

by GAgirl from Corbin, KY on Mon Oct 02 2017

Is a little crowded on the inside. Needs more leg room in the backseat. Gets good gas mileage. Seats aren't all the comfortable.

Does not recommend this car!!

Good car for the price

by LT on Wed Aug 02 2017

This vehicle has close to 100,000 miles and I are still going I continue to keep the oil change every 3000 miles

It does it?s job and gets me places

by Ktann from Tulsa, OK on Wed Aug 29 2018

I?m not a huge fan of this vehicle but it does the job. It has a cute look and is comfortable inside. It?s not a very smooth drive and and the gas mileage isn?t as good as I would prefer. you get what you pay for.

most dependable car I have had so far

by Hopman64 from Alamo on Fri Jun 23 2017

what I think that it can be fun especially if it's standard but the mileage is ok just keeping it tuned up along with all requirements then you don't have a hassle

Best Car I've ever owned.

by Nikki from Chattanooga, TN on Fri Jun 20 2014

I have had my 2010 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe for 3 years now. I bought it used and rebuilt with 58,000 miles on it. It currently has 91,000 miles on it. I get 30 MPG HWY and 33 interstate. I have never had any problems with my car. As I was reading some of the reviews on this car a moment ago I realized everyone except 2 people has had a very good experience with this car. So to the few people who aren't happy with this car, it wasn't the cars fault. The only way you have a car like this go bad is if you treat it bad. Make sure to get oil changes done on time. Have your transmission fluid changed every 80,000-90,000 miles. Keep it clean! Don't race it or drift it. It's bad on the car and yes I'll admit I did race it a few time after I first got it. I was young and wreck less. But I bought new tired because of it too. They were worn bad and made noise going down the road because of it and trust me. It's annoying. My family owns an auto shop and every cobalt that comes in has 0 problems other than the recall on the ignition switch. And the ONLY way it will go out is if your keys are too heavy. But that is honestly with any vehicle. Nobody has ever had tranny problems so I'm not sure why one person had to have it rebuilt. We have roughly 10-15 cobalts come in regularly for routine maintenance. The only complaint it that it is too small. My stepdad( who is a strongman weightlifter) can barely fit in my car. It's qualified as a sports car. So there isn't much space. But I'm 19 years old and not even 130 pounds. It's perfect for a teen. It's easy to drive and honestly fun to drive. Thank you for taking time to read through all of this and I recommend getting this car. -Nikki

Excellent Car for the Money

by LarryBoy409 from Laguna Hills, CA on Mon Jul 23 2012

I purchased my Cobalt used for a very good price, at one time it had some light damage to the front cover. Repairs had been made when i purchased. It is a excellent car on the same platform as the Cavalier. I previously owned a Cavalier which ran over 240,000 miles with the only major repair being the air conditioning compressor. I am quite happy with my purchase of a Chevy Cobalt.

I own one and like it.

by nobodyspecial from southeast on Wed Apr 07 2010

This is a solid vehicle at a reasonable price. The base model has more horsepower and gets more MPG than other cars in its class and cost less to buy. It also has a 100,000 warranty. The imports are overrated.

2010 Cobalt XFE BASE

by Jim from Ohio on Sat Feb 04 2012

Bought when Chevy was closing them out- No frills, not even a/c. Fantastic gas miliage - over 40 MPG Highway. 5th gear pulls good- plenty of power for passing. The bad- no spare tire- had to buy jack/spare from a wrecked 06. Not a car you want to go cross country in. Cramped. But for cheap money- it does the job.

Cobalt LT

by Chevy Family from Lehigh Valley Pa. on Tue Oct 12 2010

Purchased a slightly used (2500 miles) 2010 1LT w/chrome package, overall great value for the money, car rides smooth and gets good gas mileage. Not sure how it compares to the new Chevy Cruze but for the $ we could not go wrong. We've purchased multiple Chevy's over the years and the quality, fit and styling continue to improve. (Currently have an '07 HHR 2LT and '03 Impala, both of which have been reliable cars)

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt

Editor's note: This review was written in November 2008 about the 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2010, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

In many of its forms, power intoxicates. In a car, a preponderance of power can intoxicate to the point that you don't realize the car is otherwise lame. This ploy is time-tested, and GM has pulled it as much as any automaker — possibly more. That's why I was dubious of the 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS and its 260 horsepower, which I tested in its new four-door version. (For the regular Cobalt, click on the Next Review link above). To be blunt, the... Read More