Model Details

3.6
Average based on 18 reviews

Impulse buy

by from San Diego, CA on July 4, 2010

Ok so I needed a new vehicle and i wasn't sure what I wanted. While driving threw newport news i spotted my truck. I didn't even test drive it, I got the ZQ8 edition. And for being a complete impulse (the sale took less then 3 hours) I love my truck. I will never own another truck, at the same time I will never for as long as I can let go of my truck either. Come to think of it since they got rid of pontiac i wont be buying another chevy either. But I digress, Bottom line if you can get your hands on one of these trucks buy it. These trucks have the pick up and go and they are just grrrrreat!

Has been a great truck!

by from Ripley,WV on June 1, 2010

I bought this truck new.It now has 150,000 miles on it ! very few problems all were covered by the factorys warrnty. Good gas milliage for a 4 wheel drive 22 mpg!

decent

by from waterford michigan on August 7, 2007

have the truck 32 months no problems. others complain about child seats, cheap vinyl, no room in rear, crew cab loses a ft in bed. well buy a sedan, crew cab or better yet a full size vehicle and pay another 3-4k more. this vehicle has enough torque h/p with the 3.5L. am now selling to buy a 2007 colorado ext cab z71 3.7L harder suspension with Z71 is as expected but sits higher as wanted with orr tires.

GREAT VALUE

by from Bangor, Maine on January 10, 2008

Sure it is not a full size truck... but with gas prices on the rise it is a great value. With great gas mileage for a mid-size truck and the awesome power it is well work the investment. The engine was also used in the H3 when it was introduced. I would recomend the 4WD and Crew Cab as the room and security of knowing you will not get stuck as easily is imperitive.

Worth the money

by from Bucks County, Pa on August 8, 2007

I bought this truck Chevy Colorado LS 4x4 Crew Cab used and i never really had any problems except with the blower fan which was under warrenty. I agree that chevy should have done better quality inside the vehicle. The dash and door panels are all plastic. Besides all that the ride quality and 4x4 are excellant. I replaced the factory sound system with aftermark products. I put aftermarket speakers and head unit with 2 amps. One amp for all 4 speakers in the doors and another amp for the single 10" stealth box sub in the back seat area in the middle of the floor since no one can really sit in the middle seat back there. Excellant sound quality now.

Lemon

by from Kenosha, WI on April 4, 2007

Engine failure at 40K. Researched i found same issue with other owners. GM covered repair but do not trust it.

new car lots of troubles

by from Tacoma Wa on January 30, 2013

I bought it new. it is comfortable, pretty good gas mileage, yet within the first 3 months these problems drive shaft to short , kept getting stuck in third gear, catalytic converter was improperly wield and was coming off. then the exhaust manifold had a crack all the way across. break handles break, brake light switch faulty, heater/ac fan only works on high power 99% of the time. fuel tank does not properly read the amount of fuel in it when it is lower than a 1/4 tank. i do like how it rides.

great picup

by from Turlock Ca on July 9, 2011

i got my chevy colorado as a certified used 18,900 miles have 40,100 miles on it now and the only problem i have had is i had to have the fan switch fixed it wouldnt work on third speed

Chevrolet Work Trucks

by from North Center Ohio on May 27, 2011

Big truck feel. Crew Cab bunch of room. Good power. Averaging 23 mpg straight 5 cyl. Wish GM would have put a nicer looking wheels on the Z71 two wheel drive. Do not like GM cloth interiors get dirty and stain quickly, would like to have the leather. GM needs to offer nice vinly interior seats like they use to years ago; use to be cloth or vinyl.

very reliable vehicle

by from Indiana on February 8, 2007

I bought this truck new in 2004, and it has been a very dependable truck. I would recommend it to a friend, and I will buy another one when I am ready to trade. I have a regular cab, but will buy an extended cab next time,