2004 Colorado

2004 Chevrolet Colorado

2004 Chevrolet Colorado

3.9

4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2004 Chevrolet Colorado?

Impulse buy

by Jay Christopher in San Diego from San Diego, CA on Sun Jul 04 2010

Ok so I needed a new vehicle and i wasn't sure what I wanted. While driving threw newport news i spotted my truck. I didn't even test drive it, I got the ZQ8 edition. And for being a complete impulse (the sale took less then 3 hours) I love my truck. I will never own another truck, at the same time I will never for as long as I can let go of my truck either. Come to think of it since they got rid of pontiac i wont be buying another chevy either. But I digress, Bottom line if you can get your hands on one of these trucks buy it. These trucks have the pick up and go and they are just grrrrreat!

It's been good for me for 13 years.

by RwsHunter from Cleveland, OH on Tue Mar 14 2017

I've been very please with my 2004 Z71 Colorado with the Vortec i5 motor and 2 wheel drive. Better mileage than the 4 cylinder and better power, similar to other 6 cylinder trucks I've driven. I've put very little money into this truck after 13 years and 130,000 miles. Well worth the value.

new car lots of troubles

by bear from Tacoma Wa on Wed Jan 30 2013

I bought it new. it is comfortable, pretty good gas mileage, yet within the first 3 months these problems drive shaft to short , kept getting stuck in third gear, catalytic converter was improperly wield and was coming off. then the exhaust manifold had a crack all the way across. break handles break, brake light switch faulty, heater/ac fan only works on high power 99% of the time. fuel tank does not properly read the amount of fuel in it when it is lower than a 1/4 tank. i do like how it rides.

Does not recommend this car!!

very reliable vehicle

by Dave from Indiana on Thu Feb 08 2007

I bought this truck new in 2004, and it has been a very dependable truck. I would recommend it to a friend, and I will buy another one when I am ready to trade. I have a regular cab, but will buy an extended cab next time,

Best Truck Ever Owned! Bought Another One New!

by Edavid5858 from Downey, CA on Tue Mar 20 2018

Rarely do I keep vehicles more than 5 years. I purchased this vehicle new in Castle Rock, Colorado. It mostly has highway miles. I maintained it very well; but, I also feel that it is the 5 cylinder Saub inline engine that makes the difference. Chevrolet purchased Suab before I purchased it. It still funds very smooth! Just had the transmission re-built by a qualified shop in Downey last month. The shop provided a 12,000 warranty. I even have the receipts since new of oil changes and maintenance on the truck. You don't find that often where the owner provides the service record.

Had this truck for 10 years . Great value!!

by cmward17 from Columbus, OH on Sun Jan 21 2018

Truck is excellent . Gas mileage is awesome. Only $30 to fill tank . Cha Ching! Looking forward to buying another Colorado

Not as good as the S-10

by Wolfbane from CO on Tue Jan 09 2018

I bought my Colorado thinking it would be as good as my previous S-10s. Not so much. I'm not hard on my vehicles and maintain them well. I had to take this truck in more than a few times for repairs that seemed ridiculous. Finally, in 2010, the front end went out on it. I did not even have 100,000 mile on it yet.

Does not recommend this car!!

2004 Chevy Colorado Z71 Ls 2wd I-4 5sp manual

by Tomahawk1231 from Hindsville, AR on Sat May 20 2017

What I like: Excellent fuel mileage, very good reliability for the engine and transmission, really like the G80 automatic rear locking differential, traction control is very good on ice and wet pavement, good looking exterior design, good ground clearance for the Z71 package. What I don't like: The transtransmission is too high geared, I have to shut off the traction control manually each time I start it because it is too sensitive & over reacts on dry pavement, the sheet metal & body on the truck are too thin & flimsy (especially the hood & side bed), the dash lights go out intermittently on occasion but it does have 176,000 miles, the ride could be smoother on dirt road & rough pavement, there is no outside key lock on the passenger side door (& I have no keyless entry so it's a pain unlocking from the driver's side constantly), and the wheels don't turn sharp enough in my opinion.

Best truck ever built

by Love my truck from Aydlett on Sun Aug 12 2018

I bought this truck brand new had 14 miles on it, have put451 thousand miles on it with no internal motor repairs. Still has original rear end and fuel pump and it still runs every day

I do not like where the handle is to open the door

by Mcvetty from Franklin Kentucky on Wed Feb 07 2018

I like my truck other than the fact that the handle to open the door is by your calf and that you cannot put anything in the middle console because it doesn't have an enclosure

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2004 Chevrolet Colorado

Automakers neglected their small pickups for much of the past decade, concentrating on more profitable fullsize trucks and SUVs. But during the 2004-05 model years, four of the five companies that build compact trucks released fully redesigned models. General Motors got the jump on the field last year with the introduction of the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. But during the fall of 2004, Dodge introduced a new Dakota, Toyota came out with a new Tacoma and Nissan pulled the wraps off a new Frontier. Ford hasn't shown any indication when the Ranger and Mazda B-Series will be redesigned, but some analysts put the time frame as late as 2009.

All four of the fresh trucks are emphasizing size and power... Read More