1984 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews

4.0
Average based on 7 reviews

Pure fun

by from Los Angeles, Ca on June 17, 2012

Corvettes are excellent cars. Very reliable V8 engines last forever. I've had many Corvettes and enjoyed all of them.

All Corvettes

by from Clovis,NM on January 26, 2012

I have owened several Corvettes and found that for performance and style plus the price they stack up to much more expensive exotics and beat them in 0 to 60 and the 1/4 mile! The look great and cost much less than the exotics. So buy yourself a Corvette and enjoy knowing that you are in a bad a car.

Good looking Car, but not reliable

by from Port Huron,MI on July 8, 2010

I bought a 1984 Corvette about 10 years ago. I remember seeing this model when I was a teenager, and I always wanted one. About 10 years ago I bought a used vette with 38,000 miles on it. The exterior looks great! But the reality is it doesn't run good. 1984 is the first year Corvettes had their first digital dash board display, and it's went out twice! It cost $1,300 to replace it the first time and the second time $2,890! Iv'e put way to much money into a car with only 38,000 miles from when i purchased it. I suggest purchasing a vette from this generation or from the late 90's. I have friends and family with 1984-1990's vettes, and on all of them the digital dash has had issues, and reliablilty has been a problem.

Love the C4 Generation Vette

by from South Dakota on July 13, 2012

I have C4's and love them. They are so much more technically advance then the C3 and older. They drive better, no sway in steering. They aren't rattle buckets etc. Don't get me wrong I love all Vette's but for an economical, fun driving car, the C4 is it. You can buy them right today, but give them time, they will appreciate in value. PS, stay away from the 84 & 85 cross fire fuel injection motors, they are a pouch and they had a lot of problems with the injection systems.

seen this steel!

by from texas on July 26, 2010

this car has a few cosmetic needs and minor mechanic needs like headlight motor, crack in fiberglass on drivers door. But for the price this car is a steel. Has digital readout an analog, good tight running car. May need paint job but its a good car to work with. No major problems!

Great Car

by from on May 5, 2013

I purchased this car a few weeks back. I love the sleek design, and for the year it has a lot of power.

missed the mark

by from flint mi on March 24, 2014

84 Vette was the first time that the Corvette was considered world class handling sports car, the car is missing the front and rear ground effects whats going on with that? This Vette could've been a real barn stormer but the intake manifold hadflint a restrictive flow of only 475 cfm which yielded a 15.6 @ 86 mph 1/4 mi time, with only a manifold change the car responded with a 14.3 @ 97 mph 1/4 mi time thats 1.3 sec & 11 mph better than stock. The intake was from Weiand looked exactly like the stock but flowed 1440 cfm due to the ports being the same size as the heads not 1/2 the size like the stocker

Uses car for Off-roading