1996 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews

4.5
Average based on 11 reviews

great year

by from Illinois on January 21, 2010

The 1996 last of the C4 era is always the best edition to purchase. Very tight, handles great, mileage around 30, could use better brakes this year. this vette was rated higher than the Dodge Viper for 1996. Very affordable for this class of a corvette.

1996 Vette - Last of the C-4's

by from Chicago on March 1, 2010

Having recently begun the "For Sale" process on my 4th 96 Grand Sport Vette, I look back at the 330 Hp LT4 history I have had. This engine car combo is really incredible, and for the $$$ a major rush. Bolt a 6 speed up to this engine and wow 95 mph at 2K RPM going to 6K RPM at what ever speed that would equate to who knows. Sport seats add to the suction around the corners on rails. I am already looking for the next Grand Sport.

1996 C4 Corvette

by from Chicago Il on November 14, 2011

When buying a used Lt1 C4 Corvette: Check the weather stripping, Optispark, and if you can purchase one with the glass roof as retrofitting is expensive. That being said, it's an absolute blast to drive. :)

They got it right in 1996

by from Nashville, TN on March 31, 2007

Great styling, build quality, performance, and yes, even fuel economy. This was the last year for the C4, and it was a good one.

Nicest car ever.

by from Davenport FL on March 17, 2011

I have owned 4 corvettes, this was one of the greatest. Trouble free, style is great. Was a real attention getter at car shows. Won several corvette events. My best is my 2001 coupe.

Nice Corvette

by from Camden Tn on December 20, 2012

It was used so: Some body work needs to be done and some basic and non-basic mechanical, as expected. Even so total investment will be under blue book value. Very pleased that we bought the car.

red hot mama

by from Indianapolis, Indiana on May 5, 2012

Luv My Vette! Im 65 Years Young and Finally Have My Lil Red Corvette. Fast, Comfortable and Reliable. People Stop Me All The Time Wanting To Talk About My Vette , I LOVE IT!!!

Butt breaker

by from Florida on May 7, 2015

C4's are the WORST ever to get in and out of. The threshold fits over the frame, so every time one gets in or out, your butt has to drag over the door threshold. Owned on for 90 days ...sold it asap.

Great preformer Great gas mileage Love the car

by from Mt Olive NC on November 26, 2013

I've owed corvette's before but this one is the car. I didn't have to do anything to the car but put gas and drive. It has been well kepted. I love it

1996 Corvette one of the sleekist Corvette designs

by from KC MO on January 17, 2007

In my opinion the 1996 Corvetteis as eye catching as the newest, or even most vintage. It is a sleek but still gives the muscle car appearance. I search for over a year to find the white with tan interior 6 speed. Most Corvettes I looked at on lots, had the mirrors glued back on and who knows what else. I have manged way better in the fuel economy up in the 40MPG at 70 in 6th. Tons of room, quiet riding and strong. Not 600HP strong, but strong enough for everyday driving when the weather is good for driving it.