2002 Corvette

2002 Chevrolet Corvette

2002 Chevrolet Corvette

Have you driven the 2002 Chevrolet Corvette?

First Vette.....no regret

by Greg from Beaverton, Oregon on Sun Feb 07 2010

This is the best and happiest car purchase I've ever made and I'm 54 years old!! This car brings a smile to my face every time I drive it. Power, styling, cornering, smooth and fast acceleration...its got it all. I'm 6'5" and fit easily into the car....very comfortable even on long trips. GM did cut some corners to keep the cost down but I'm glad they did...I could buy one! Mine has been very reliable and I top out at 28.4 mpg without babying it. And no, this isn't about a mid life crisis.....what crisis includes a great car??!! I wanted rear drive ponies for a change and something fun to auto-cross....I found it. What a blast! Like someone said here...Quit thinking about buying one and just buy it!! You won't regret it.

2002 6-Speed Conv.

by HowHo from Knoxville, TN on Thu May 01 2014

I bought my 2002 Convertible used with 36K miles. It is my 2nd Vette, my first was a 89 Coupe auto with 35k. There is a world of difference between the C4 and the C5, The C5 is a much better car in my judgment and convertible is definitely more fun. The performance of the C5 with the 6 speed is twice what the C4 with the auto was. As others have pointed out the interior is some what on the cheap side because of the thin plastic. The leather seats are fine but the carpet isn't to good. The handling with the variable suspension is wonderful, allow you to choose what you need.

Excellent condition w/only 12k original miles ! !

by Bob LRC from Portland, Maine on Wed Apr 05 2017

I am the third owner of this beautiful Corvette that I acquired at Ken's Auto Sales in Holyoke, Massachusetts. I believe it was the best-prepped (clean, paint buffed, etc) than any used car (and some new) that I have ever bought. My almost 200-mile drive home to Maine revealed no squeaks or rattles and every component functioned as it should. I am a "happy camper".

Extreme performance and a reliable sports car.

by Rickyg from Milwaukee on Wed May 23 2018

This car has been great in the 14 years that I have owned it. Never had a problem or issue and is a super performance vehicle. Beautiful design and still looks hot. Outperforms 95% of the cars out there today costing 2-4 times as much. The engine and exhaust sound is exhilarating. The seats are very comfortable and the gas mileage is great, if that concerns you.

Reliable Performance

by Skip from Old School from Fredericksburg, VA on Thu Apr 25 2013

This is my second Vette - I owned a 1969 convertible for 25 years, - but that's another story. If you haven't owned a Vette before, I can give you my perspectives - just personal preferences. First off, buy a convertible - Chevy makes more of them than it does the hardtops - so be sure to test drive a conv. with the top down - enough said on this. I got my '02 with a manual trans. simply because the 4-spd "rock crusher" in my old '69 Vette was just so good - it gave a seat-of-the-pants/total control experience. Well, the fly-by-wire 6-speed isn't so much fun (the top two gears are overdrives) so no recommendations on picking a trans. type. BTW, the tires, suspension, and the HUD are most excellent - but they are high-tech (this means don't try to work on suspension and electronic systems in your garage - the dealer charge for diagnosis is Required). Contrary to others' opinions that vettes have no real utility, I have found them to be examples of premium engineering - and No, they are not "Chevys" in the sense that most backyard mechanics can work on them - don't fall for this common misconception - they are over-engineered for anything but outright abuse (this means racing) and so are reliable. Another perspective - however, if you like to do your own brakes/tuneups/oil you can still do it on the "02 in your garage at home. Yet another perspective: with the configuration of the engine compartment/hood/rear deck lid I would recommend garage parking - carport at a minimum, as the many crevices will catch water and then crud up with dust. I've never seen anyone write about this: If you haven't had a convertible before, know that it attracts vandalism. This is a real problem these days - even if the car is parked unlocked, ignorant punks slice the top to get in to get the radar detector, etc. I'm concerned to park anywhere out of line of sight. Last, if have been an armchair shopper - prepare for a performance experience - I have another "performance" car adverised with over 300 h.p., yet this corvette's 375 h.p. feels comparable to much more performance-wise . BTW, I have the Bose sound system, so I've learned that a flaky CD-changer in the trunk is expected. I like the 02 body style - it's still old school. And, I didn't want the plexiglas headlight covers - they seem a cheap styling shortcut - now if they just still had the hidden wipers a'la my '69!

Very economical high performance car

by Silver Bullet from Montana on Wed Sep 23 2009

For a very high performance vehicle, the 2002 Corvette is very comfotable to drive and ride in as a passenger, possesses adjustable ride features, has a large cargo storage area, exceeds 30 MPG on the highway, possesses safe handling features, and the heads up display enables the driver to keep his eyes on the road at all times.

All Corvettes Are Red!

by Mike from Rochester on Sun Sep 02 2012

Bought this used red convertible at a well-known Vette dealer in Victor NY in June 2012. It had about 35k on it. Close to mint condition, which is pretty much all that this dealer sells. This is my 5th Vette, so no big surprises here. Goes fast, handles very well. A small surprise is how well it rides on long trips. We had an '84 with the Z51 race suspension and although it could corner flat at 100 mph, it rode like a tank and at the end of a long trip you had to see your dentist because all your fillings had vibrated out! This one also has the Z51 suspension but it rides like a limo! And (like the '84) gets great mpg: about 22-23 around town, pushing 28-29 on the highway. These cars admittedly have no real practical value; even with their relatively big trunks they are toys, pure and simple. But they are all head-turners and an absolute blast to drive. And if you maintain it, it will hold its value for a very long time. And did I mention how much fun they are to drive? If you can afford a sports car, this is the one to drive. Most Vettes will eat most Porches, Camaros, Mustangs and the high end exoticars for lunch, and for tens of thousands of dollars less. And because they are Chevvys, nearly anyone can work on them. This is pure American muscle car at its absolute best. There is nothing like a Vette! Go get one now. You can get a near-mint used one for less than the price of a Honda Accord. And did I mention how much fun they are to drive?!

This Corvette is a great car.

by Phil from Philadelphia, PA on Thu Jul 21 2011

I am totally impressed with my Corvette. It's a "loaded" edition with remarkable beauty, handling, and dependability. As a high performance sports car, the cross country comfort is excellent. We get over 30 mpg on road trips (and that includes moments of enjoying it's power performance); it carries light luggage; 20 mpg around town is easy as well. It's the most rewarding sports car I've ever owned.

First Thoughts

by Dvorcr from Manhattan, Kansas on Sun Nov 15 2009

Wow, I also own a Jaguar XJR and thought it was fast with its Supercharged V-8 delivering 320 HP, but this baby is scary fast. Just bought her and since the dealer wasn't with me, I have romped it hard. I didn't get the Handling package in mine but it handles extremely well as is. Excellent sound system to cover any wind noises and more guages than anyone needs, but toooooooo much fun. I will rate again after I have owned it a while, but can't imagine my initial review to change. I took some advice from many sources and I share it with you. If you are thinking about buying one, Stop thinking, DO IT!

02 Corvette Convertible

by jonnybog from New Port Richey, FL on Mon May 14 2012

This is the 2nd one I have owned! I liked the first one so much I bought another one! Performance and looks are top shelf and they are bulletproof to boot!

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2002 Chevrolet Corvette

We don't think he's taking orders, offering zero-percent financing or trying to get the automotive world back on its rails, but if old St. Nick were in the giving mood, we'd be ready to take the keys.

Christmas is about dreaming. Or at least daydreaming of something new to drive.

It's about wishing and wondering and hoping what you wished for is going to be parked in the driveway on the morning of the 25th.

What's that commercial running these days?

"We got you a new CD player," a beaming father tells his wide-eyed daughter on Christmas morning.

"It's parked in the driveway," he says.

And, vroom, just like that, a new set of wheels is rolling into view.

If only life were that simple. If only the... Read More