Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2009 Corvette

2009 Chevrolet Corvette

2009 Chevrolet Corvette

Have You Driven the 2009 Chevrolet Corvette?

Best car I've owned in over 25 years

by Phantom from Virginia on Sun Oct 24 2010

I've had my '09 Vette for over 2 1/2 years. I've only taken in to the dealer for 2 items in that time. Those were picky items too. This is far better than the trips and severity of warranty issues I had on my '05 TL. This Vette has power, speed, poise, handling for very little money. It even has fuel economy because of the low rpms. I get 21mpg in city and have gotten a sustained 33.7mpg on the highway. This is the most fuel efficient car I currently own. When you hit the gas on this thing it not only sends you to the back of your seat, it puts a "stupid" smile on my face. I love the look of this car and the steering response is FAR better than in my '00 vette. Once you buy one, everything else suffers in comparison. BTW, maintenance on this car for over 2 years has run me a scant $75.

More Fun Than A Barrel of Monkeys

by Senior Sports Car Enthusiast from Dallas, Texas on Mon Dec 26 2011

I'm 64 years old. After 15 years of driving four-door sedans while my children grew-up, I'm finally back in a Corvette, my third. This one is a 2009 flaming yellow convertible with a manual transmission. I instantly felt back at home. The power (430 HP) is phenominal and in spite of what I've read, I find the rear end easy to control when it gets loose, at least at low speeds. If you want to stay really safe, leave the Traction Control engaged. I have Scoliosis (back curvature) that results in my legs being half numb all the time. I was concerned about working the clutch. These new Corvettes have hydraulic clutches that are a joy to operate, compared to the clutch in my old 1976 model. It's hard to find a used Corvette (or at least a manual transmission convertible) that does not have the Z-51 suspension package. I was concerned that it might be too stiff and beat me and the car up on city streets. Well, it is stiff and bumps in the road are NOT smoothed-out. But the rest of the time it's very pleasant and has a very good feel, and comes with some really great extras, such as: larger brakes (with the cool drilled rotors) and extra cooling for the engine as well as the power steering unit. My only complaint so far, after six weeks, is the complexity of the car. It is absolutely stuffed with gadgets! It can take the operation of FOUR electric motors just to open the door: One to lower the window 1/2 inch, one to unlatch the door (the "door handle" is an electric switch) and two more motors to move the seat to the exit position.

Awesome car

by 09z06guy from bonney lake, wa on Mon Jul 23 2012

Have had my 09 Z06 for 3 years now. It's still the best Corvette I've owned. It still gets my heart pumping everytime I drive it. I've owned 8 and besides my 03 Z06, it's the best Vette yet. Seats could be more comfortable but overall, outstanding performance and I have gotten 30 mph on the freeway. Gobs of power and torque.

Get the Z06!

by DOC JJR from Omaha on Mon Dec 10 2012

I test drove several corvettes from the base model, grand sport, ZR1 and the Z06, as well as Camaros, Challengers, etc. There is a night and day performance difference between the faster vettes (Z06 & ZR1) and everything else, but yet no significant difference between the Z06 and ZR1 (at least not on the streets). We chose to go with the Z06 and love it. It's the best combination of performance and value!

Fantastic Automobile!!

by Gauhog from Wilmington,DE on Wed Sep 07 2011

I've owned five Corvettes now, and my latest a 2009 Z-06 is by far the best. This car has noticeably improved steering feel and shift linkage from my previous 2006 Z-51, and of course an additional 105 horsepower doesn't hurt. The car is considerably louder with the optional exhaust, even at idle. The nav system is junk, but flooring the throttle when you get the chance, and going up a couple gears will easily put you well into three-digit speeds. Sane driving will give you 18-20 mpg around town and cruising 70-80 will produce almost 27 mpg. So far I am very pleased, If this car's reliability is as good as the '06 I'll be very happy.

09 Vette

by Into cars not status from Northern VA on Thu Aug 05 2010

I am very into cars both in terms of performance and wrenching. I test drove several cars before the Vette and to be honest it was not even on my radar. I drove a BMW M Coupe and was very disappointed. Lets see the $900 upgraded radio needed $1000 to add XM, The shifter was jello and the seats had no lumbar. Fast forward to my Vette, 3217 lbs/436 HP, pulls .99G (upgraded the sways and now it is over 1.00) and stops in an incredibly short distance. The car is bullet-proof and aside from poor seat bolsters - I would not change a thing. Get past the snob appeal and go strictly on performance. Sure an all wheel drive Porsche turbo is a better car but it is twice the price! The Vette is a lot of fun and when well optioned, a great place to be. BTW - It gets around 30MPG on the HWY

FUN, Flexible and Practical

by dacon from Abbotsford, BC, Canada on Sat Oct 22 2011

This car is amazing. We picked it up slightly used (5700 miles) in Phoenix, AZ and drove it all the way back to British Columbia. It is super user freindly and actually probably the most practical two seater sports car out there. Not to mention the reasonable price tag considering what you get. It has Awesome Power...436hp with the highly recommended dual mode exhaust (added the mild to wild remote switch) which lets you cruise in quiet comfort or with the click of the switch it lets out an Formula 1 style growl (truely music to your ears). Great Looks...we get compliments every time we take it out. Lots of luggage space...room for two full size suit cases, two carry ons and a shoe bag or two. Super flexibility...solid roof comes off to turn it into a convertible, roof panel stores under the hatch out of view and has specially designed clips to hold it stowed away. It literally takes one minute to take off or put on. Can be done with one person but two is recommended for ease. It also gets great gas mileage considering the amount of power on tap. My wife and I really enjoy driving it and find it very comfortable. I would highly recommend you test drive a Corvette before making your next buying decision.

Fantastic Car

by Coach.t34 from Massachusetts on Sat Jan 28 2017

I have had 12 corvettes over my 73 years ,starting with a used 61 . Have raced , shown and judged corvettes all these years. Had more fun with others , but then I was younger at that time. This car is beautifully balanced for style and performance. No issues with it and it constantly puts a smile on my face.

Simply the best sports car ever!

by Corvette Lover from Louisville, KY on Thu Oct 31 2013

I love it! My first Corvette at age 70. I have wanted one since I was 16 and just recently could afford it. Wanted to make sure I got one before I got too old to get in and out. Just picked it up last Monday. Performance and styling are awesome. I was driving it home and noticed at 72, it was only turning 1500 RPMs and got 30 mpg. What a dream! I have a torch red coupe with a red and black interior. Only 11,000 miles.

Z06 faster than a porsche

by angiodoc from Beaumont, TX on Sat Oct 31 2009

Well built, reliable, fun, and good value. Decent gas milage, good top end gearing. Distortion of back window is bad, but livable. Goodyear runflats are real losers, but no room for spares....look for Yokahamas, better in rain.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2009 Chevrolet Corvette

The ZR1 is the ultimate Corvette, as reflected in its 638 horsepower and $103,970 base price. When you consider its ability to take on any other high-performance car in the world, the ZR1's day-to-day livability is truly impressive. I spent a couple days driving the 2009 — which many consider a "supercar" — as a commuter/shopper/social-lifer car, which is always an enlightening exercise in a car designed to go very, very fast. We're conditioned to expect more tradeoffs — if not flat-out punishment — from sports cars than any other vehicle type, starting with ride quality but including noise, cramped quarters, difficulty getting in and out, limited cargo space, poor... Read More