I have owned my new 2012 Corvette 2LT hardtop for a couple of weeks now. All in all, a pretty awsome car and a great value for the money. Like any car it has its stront and weak points. I'll start wit...
I have owned my new 2012 Corvette 2LT hardtop for a couple of weeks now. All in all, a pretty awsome car and a great value for the money. Like any car it has its stront and weak points. I'll start with the bad:
1. The seats, although much improved for 2012 are still a little short in the bottom cushion. About another 2" in depth would have been perfect. Don't get me wrong, the seats are very comfortable. I just wish the car had a wee bit more bottom cushion.
2. No wood trim, but the standard carbon fiber is very nice. I traded a Jaguar XK for the Corvette, so I am used to being surrounded by wood in the cockpit.
3. The built in navagation unit is not very intuitive, but it is a well know fact that factory built in units in most ANY vehicle are not nearly as good as an off the shelf Garmin. The built in nav unit in my Jaguar was even worse then the 'vette's .
Now the good:
1. Beautiful automobile, classic lines, instantly identifiable. Nobody mistakes a Corvette for anything else. In this world of bland generic automobiles, the Corvette stands alone.
2. FAST, FAST, FAST! I am talking G-force pinning you in your seat fast. And this ain't even the the fastest 'vette you can buy. Geez, I would REALLY get in trouble in the "faster" car.
3. The handling of the car is quite good. Maybe not as nimble as a 911 Porshe, but alot of fun in its own right. I like to find places with lots of curves, then I just jam the gas and go!
4. The "fit and finish" is as good as any car I have owned and even better then my Jag. What I am talking about here is the way the doors fit the body, how the sections of the exterior marry up, and the overall "tightness" of the car. Very, very, nice.
So in the end, the car is much better then I thought it would be and an extremely good value. I would recommend the 'vette to anyone looking for a true sports car.
It IS "the" American Classic....