2011 Cruze

4.5 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.3 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.1 out of 5 starsValue for the Money

All Reviews

Buy one, and you will probably love it

by New Chevy Fan from Chicago area on May 15, 2012

I recently purchased a used 2011 Cruze LT with 18,000 miles for $16k, and I could not be more pleased after the first 2 weeks. I even managed to find one with the steering wheel controls for the radio. I do not fully understand the wide range of prices for these cars, even taking into account the various trim levels, but I feel like I got an awesome deal. This car is a pleasure to drive, considering the comfort, ride, handling, styling, and the 1.4L turbo is a terrific engine. It's surprisingly spunky and the gas mileage is great, 30.5 mpg combined suburban driving and 41 mpg straight highway cruising at 65 or 70 mph (better than advertised). I own a '05 Corvette, a '07 Navigator, and a '06 Jaguar X-Type ( all nice cars by most standards) and I can still honestly say that I really enjoy driving this car. Chevy nailed it in my opinion! Ignore the few oddballs who have critical comments. My few minor suggestions for improvement are to put the gear indicator light by the shift handle (it shows by the speedo), smooth out the slightly rough shifting at very low speeds, and insulate the engine noise a bit more, but believe me that these issues are nit-picks. If you want a high quality reasonably priced car that gets great gas mileage then my advice is.......go drive a Cruze and you will see why people love them.

2011 Cruze LTZ GR8 Car

by Cydonia from Western Illinois on October 15, 2012

Had our Cruze-LTZ for 5 weeks now. 2011 with 10,500 miles; still smells new. Very nice car. Ride quality could be better, but we are used to Lexus SUV's, so hard to compare. Kept our RX330 and got the LTZ for better gas mileage. So far 38 on the highway and 34 average overall. Turbo works as intended for passing power, accelerating to highway speed, etc. Interior quality comparable to other equivalent cars. Had looked at a LaCrosse, and I would not says that its interior was much better. (Actually had some noticeable flaws.) "Faux" wood trim in most cars does not add much for looks anyway. Cabin control logic is easy to understand; does help to read the owners manual though. Only defects noted are form/fit of trunk lid and hood. Mating surfaces not uniform in separation distance. Minor adjustments would true everything up though. Will likely add fog lights (not standard) via secondary market. Plan to cancel OnStar since we just don't use it. (Who needs another monthly utility bill?) Will buy a Garmin for GPS. Steering adjustment is manual but even the 2012 Caddy CTS (X?) doesn't have power adjustment as standard, nor GPS. Found the color combo we liked, but 90% seem to have black interiors which we do not care for. Also some really awful color combinations out there. Hats off to Chevy for the Cruze!!

A lot of car for the money

by Old Driver from Nor Calif on May 13, 2011

The Cruze is the 1st small car we have owned in well over a decade. It feels like a larger car and hold our family comfortably. Only wish it had better arm rests for long drives.

great car----except for one thing

by Kathy from Duluth Georgia on November 28, 2013

I love everything about my cruze except the key keeps sticking in the ignition....my dealership sates that they have never seen a cruze do this and my car is in the shop for the second time because the dealership did not fix it right the first time...I thought I had bought a lemon but besides this the crruze is the best affordable car chev has..I have a rental sonic and it is ok but the cruze makes me feel like a kid again...I would hightly recommend it to anyone....and if your key sticks....the dealership should know what to do.

Love it!

by suzy-q from new braufels, Tx on May 4, 2011

Corners beautifully, comfortable for passenger & driver. I find the passenger seat belt tough to fasten at times. Overall mpg is pretty close to the sticker estimate, but we are still in that break-in period

Great Car

by Amanda from Fenton, Missouri on October 22, 2011

This is a great car for the money spent! The seats are firm and supportive. Lots of trunk space available.

Great Car (so far)

by First Time Buyer from Detroit on August 16, 2011

Only had the car for about 5 months but it has been great! No problems. Have not even needed to get the oil changed yet. XM and OnStar are very helpful for long rides in the car.

Love it

by ManthaBurner from Wisconsin on October 3, 2011

I have the Eco MT and love the car! Fun and gets better mpg than it is rated for. Highway I get 50 mpg and over 38 average!

great value

by fireman from tiffin,ohio on August 16, 2011

performs well beyond expectations, with the comfort of a midsized car! would recommend to anyone on a budget.

A decent commuter

by Cruzie McCruzeFace from Riverside, CA on June 26, 2016

If you're simply looking for a daily commuter to take you from point A to point B and back, you'll be happy with the Cruze. I have the Eco trim with a 6-speed manual transmission and the 1.4-liter turbocharged inline-4. A year into ownership, I've had various issues where I needed to involve my aftermarket warranty to fix the problem. They weren't major issues, except for one where my coolant leaked out all over my garage floor, but they can be frustrating when you need to drop your car off at a dealership/local mechanic and hope to get rides from loved ones until your car is returned to you. The interior space is fine for my small family, but if you have multiple kids, especially older ones, the rear leg room is pretty poor. The trunk is relatively spacious for a small sedan. I average between 28-33 mpg, depending on traffic and use of air conditioner. One thing I love about the first generation Cruze is that it stands out. You can't mistake it for any other car. Too many vehicles look similar, but the Cruze looks unique. The headlights are just the right amount of aggressive-looking. Unfortunately, this car looks sportier than it actually is. Even with a 6-speed manual, better tires and aftermarket goodies, the car isn't all that fun to romp on. And good luck merging with traffic at a reasonable pace on your local highways. The Cruze struggles getting up to speed. You'll probably annoy many drivers, but at least you'll have a nice, fuel efficient car to do it in.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18