2011 Equinox

2011 Chevrolet Equinox

2011 Chevrolet Equinox

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have you driven the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox?

Great Car!

by Business Driver from Chicago, IL on Sun Apr 03 2011

I live in Chicago but bought my 2010 Equinox 2LT in Denver since a white 2LT with 6 cylinder and AWD was hard to find. Have traveled as far east as North Carolina. I have driven over 23,000 miles in 6 months. Other than 3 oil changes and 1 set of wiper blades, I have only put gas in the 'Nox. I'm glad that I got the V-6 and still get very good gas mileage and the extra power I wanted for driving in the Colorado and New Mexico mountains. The All Wheel Drive made me feel safe in midwestern winter driving. My husband has a 2010 Honda CR-V but we take the 'Nox when we travel together for pleasure. The CR-V is better suited for local driving and shopping. The 'Nox is our road car. Plenty of power, very quiet inside and very nice seats and controls. The dealer has been very nice. I love the heated leather seats, the sunroof and the Pioneer stereo system. You gotta go see and drive this car! I feel more secure knowing that OnStar is in the car with me and XM Radio makes my long drives much more enjoyable. I think it is a lot more car than most higher priced imports. It is nice to know that I bought a great car from an American car company. My last car was a Chevy Blazer that had 169,000 miles when I sold it. Very few problems and I liked that car. I Love My New 'Nox!

My First Chevy

by First GM from Hamilton, Ohio on Fri Jun 22 2012

Over the years I have had mostly FORD vehicles and a couple NISSAN's. When the gas prices went up I traded my F-150 in on a 2008 Toyota Camry. I loved the Camry but missed the Truck/SUV feel so I decided to start looking for a smaller more fuel efficient SUV. I drove the Outback, Highlander and tried to but could not fit in the RAV4 or CRV (I am 6'4"). I have never owned a GM and swore I never would but when I drove the Equinox I was so impressed that I bought the one off the showroom floor. I have the V6 and while the mpg aren't fantastic I think the ride and the convenience features make up for it. I purchased the AWD LTZ that has every option you can get on it and I love it. I have 6500 miles on it so far and have not had 1 issue. I think I may now be a CHEVY guy for life if they keep up the great work.

2nd Brand New Chevy.

by 1977 Chevy Man from Milwaukee, WI on Mon Feb 28 2011

We picked up a 2011 Chevy Equinox 2LT this past Saturday. We absolutely love this vehicle. The interior is gorgeous!!! The nice leather seats with the stitching looks very nice. There are more options on the dashboard than I can name. The one thing that did notice is that when cruising a low speeds, the gears switch a little rough, but at faster speeds, it is very smooth. Overall, an excellent vehicle for the money.

great value

by chevyman from bartow fla. on Sun Apr 22 2012

I bought this car on august 25 2011 after researching many other cars. I always seemed to come back to the Equinox. Mine is steel blue(really love the color) and i have since added after market hitch and chrome grille, which really makes the front end stand out over the black grille , plus fog lights. Being 65 years old and 6'2" and weigh 245 lbs. this vehicle is easy for me to get in and out of.The audio system was a little intimidating but after some help from my 10 year old grandson ,i was able to figure it out. I love the information center which gives you tire pressure, instant gas mileage, average gas mileage, average speed , etc. So far i have only driven in a city setting ,mostly to work (6 miles round trip) and in eco mode i have averaged 19.1 mpg.I like the style of the Equinox. It doesnt have cheap looking wheels that other cars have.It drives nice and with the 4 cyl. has good pick-up.On the down side ,and this is a minor thing, I dont really like the position of the door locks on the console, but you can lock it with your key fob, which i usually do.The console storage could be a little more forward, its awkard to get into.The lid pops up and in upright position the lid is behind the seat.Good cup holders and i have had no problems with visibility.More than enough head room(Im 6'2" and no moon roof)I love the back up camera and the back hatch opens enough where i have no bumping my head issues.I like the overall styling as compared to the gmc terrain which i think is too boxy looking.I plan on keeping this car for 10 + yrs.Will be doing some traveling this summer and will get back on this site and let you know how it performed. I would buy another one .

Still trying to decide

by Quester from Topeka, KS on Thu Dec 01 2011

Have had mine for one month and 2700 miles. The heater is very slow to warm up for a new car, my '06 Ford Explorer was much quicker. Seats are great, not too many blind spots and very comfortable ride. I have the 4 cylinder and it really has good power for such a small engine. I have averaged 26.8 mpg so far and that is mostly highway mileage at 70 mph. Will write another updated review at 5-10K and see if I have made a bad mistake buying a bow tie!

Best Bang For My Buck

by GM Newbie from Cleveland,OH on Mon Jan 31 2011

This is the first car I've ever bought. After looking at 10 diffrent cars out there, this was the best package. (Chev EQ 2LT) Other places wanted extra money for things that this came with ie, sun roof, heated leather seats, etc. It has a nice exterior and a classy inside. Smooth Ride. Great sound system and quiet cabin. Love the light blue dash lights. not to bright or overpowering. Comfy Ride. I've had this car for 3 months and have been happy ever since.

After having all brand new cars most of my life

by Only Chevy's for this girl from Southeast PA on Sat Mar 29 2014

I just got my 2011 and love, love, love it. I have been saying since the Saturn Vue I wanted this type of vehicle and when they went out of business I saw this one an had my heart set on it. When unexpected snow storm forced me to get another car I knew exactly what I wanted and a brand new one was out of the question. I took to cars.com and started my search and the one thing I did know I DID NOT want white, black, silver or champagne color one. So, my search continued. I have never had any trouble with any of my Chevy's even when others said they are a junk. It all depends on how you take care of it and drive it I say. But I love my Equinox and would not trade it or go to another make even though all my friends say this or that car is best.

Best car I've owned

by Chevy Kevy from Cleveland, Ohio on Tue Oct 22 2013

Shopped on Cars.Com for two months until I found the deal I was looking for. It pays to be patient. I am very happy with my selection and the availability of vehicles online.

Ah-Mazing SUV

by Ashiee from Michigan on Wed Jan 06 2016

This is my first Equinox, and I am in love, it is so comfortable, stylish I love that it has all tinted windows. Decent on gas, I love the little features like auto lights, tire pressure, oil life, extc... I would reccomend this car to anyone, I've had mine for a month and it only has 97,000 miles its a 2011 I am the 3rd owner. The sound system is great for bumping music!

Love this SUV!

by Equinox Enthusiast from MS on Mon Oct 17 2011

I love my Equinox. I've had it for right at 6 months, and have taken it on vacation already. We drove about 500 miles with 4 people and a week's worth of luggage. It was comfortable, even for my 6'3" brother-in-law. It isn't too loud, even when accelerating, and the ride is so smooth. My brother drove it last week and told me that it was such a smooth ride, he didn't even realize he was going 75 mph in a 55mph zone. The back-up camera is a great feature to have. So far, we have had absolutely no problems with this vehicle. We love that the backseat moves for more space. There are only a couple of real complaints I have. The first is that the backseat doesn't fold completely flat. That's not a huge deal for me, but I know for some people it is. The second is the interior color choice. I didn't really have a choice with the black interior, and while again, it isn't a huge deal, I can't really let my dog get in the car, I have to take our other car, because the black looks really gross with dog hair all over it. The gas mileage is pretty good. On our vacation this summer, we got around 30mpg. Most of the time around town, I can get about 23-26mpg. I'm really happy with that, since it is an SUV. I love the cloth seats with the mesh. When you spill something, it doesn't start soaking in immediately, you have plenty of time to dry it, and it really is comfortable.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16

Our Take on the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox

With the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox's high-quality interior and great ride, it's easy to see why the compact SUV has been a runaway success, though its value diminishes as the trim level and price rises. It is available with FWD or AWD.

It's been two years since our initial review of the redesigned 2010 model. Now, a few years in, we've tested multiple Equinox trim levels against fresher competition. This time around, I drove the most-expensive trim, the LTZ, with a four-cylinder engine and AWD. Other trims are the LS, 1LT and 2LT.

There aren't many feature changes for the 2011 Equinox versus the 2010. For a comparison of the two model years, see here.

Winner of $29,000... Read More