2011 Equinox

2011 Chevrolet Equinox

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox?

Great Car!

by Business Driver from Chicago, IL on Sun Apr 03 2011

I live in Chicago but bought my 2010 Equinox 2LT in Denver since a white 2LT with 6 cylinder and AWD was hard to find. Have traveled as far east as North Carolina. I have driven over 23,000 miles in 6 months. Other than 3 oil changes and 1 set of wiper blades, I have only put gas in the 'Nox. I'm glad that I got the V-6 and still get very good gas mileage and the extra power I wanted for driving in the Colorado and New Mexico mountains. The All Wheel Drive made me feel safe in midwestern winter driving. My husband has a 2010 Honda CR-V but we take the 'Nox when we travel together for pleasure. The CR-V is better suited for local driving and shopping. The 'Nox is our road car. Plenty of power, very quiet inside and very nice seats and controls. The dealer has been very nice. I love the heated leather seats, the sunroof and the Pioneer stereo system. You gotta go see and drive this car! I feel more secure knowing that OnStar is in the car with me and XM Radio makes my long drives much more enjoyable. I think it is a lot more car than most higher priced imports. It is nice to know that I bought a great car from an American car company. My last car was a Chevy Blazer that had 169,000 miles when I sold it. Very few problems and I liked that car. I Love My New 'Nox!

Pure garbage!!!

by Kshoney44 from Cleveland, ohio on Wed Oct 23 2019

I purchased this vehicle 3 years ago. It was GM certified. I have had the oil consumption issue (thankfully was under warranty). 3 months ago I had to replace the transmission $3000 out of pocket , and now the engine blew!!! It’s going to cost me another $3500!!! How the heck does this happen in 3 years on a GM certified vehicle?!?!?!with only 120,000 miles on it!!! Now I understand why everyone is buying foreign cars! I’m so disappointed!

Does not recommend this car!!

Best Bang For My Buck

by GM Newbie from Cleveland,OH on Mon Jan 31 2011

This is the first car I've ever bought. After looking at 10 diffrent cars out there, this was the best package. (Chev EQ 2LT) Other places wanted extra money for things that this came with ie, sun roof, heated leather seats, etc. It has a nice exterior and a classy inside. Smooth Ride. Great sound system and quiet cabin. Love the light blue dash lights. not to bright or overpowering. Comfy Ride. I've had this car for 3 months and have been happy ever since.

Love this SUV!

by Equinox Enthusiast from MS on Mon Oct 17 2011

I love my Equinox. I've had it for right at 6 months, and have taken it on vacation already. We drove about 500 miles with 4 people and a week's worth of luggage. It was comfortable, even for my 6'3" brother-in-law. It isn't too loud, even when accelerating, and the ride is so smooth. My brother drove it last week and told me that it was such a smooth ride, he didn't even realize he was going 75 mph in a 55mph zone. The back-up camera is a great feature to have. So far, we have had absolutely no problems with this vehicle. We love that the backseat moves for more space. There are only a couple of real complaints I have. The first is that the backseat doesn't fold completely flat. That's not a huge deal for me, but I know for some people it is. The second is the interior color choice. I didn't really have a choice with the black interior, and while again, it isn't a huge deal, I can't really let my dog get in the car, I have to take our other car, because the black looks really gross with dog hair all over it. The gas mileage is pretty good. On our vacation this summer, we got around 30mpg. Most of the time around town, I can get about 23-26mpg. I'm really happy with that, since it is an SUV. I love the cloth seats with the mesh. When you spill something, it doesn't start soaking in immediately, you have plenty of time to dry it, and it really is comfortable.

Great comfort wise, some concerns mechanically

by Nate R from Grand Rapids, MI on Mon Mar 19 2018

I loved the comfort of the car, interior has great styling. I have the 4 cylinder AWD so it's nice to have the fuel economy and the mobility during Michigan's snowy winters. There are some concerns mechanically as this model year drinks oil very early in the car's lifetime. It hasn't caused me any major issues besides regular oil flushes recommended by my mechanic.

Best car I've owned

by Chevy Kevy from Cleveland, Ohio on Tue Oct 22 2013

Shopped on Cars.Com for two months until I found the deal I was looking for. It pays to be patient. I am very happy with my selection and the availability of vehicles online.

Just getting used to it

by Mayor from New Ulm, MN on Thu Apr 09 2015

50 + thousand miles. I love it. 100 mile trip some roads posed at 55 other posted at 65. I drove with the traffic at 60+ and 70+ and averaged 33.1 mpg. Reverse trip after wind became strong, total ave 31.6. Not bad. Chev is bigger than previous vehicle so am still adjusting to parking and getting close to curb. I think I would buy another, I like the room.

Great used vehicle

by Dadadaddio from Lake in the Hills, IL on Mon Mar 20 2017

Found a gem of a 2011. Less than 30k miles. LTZ trim, 183 cu-in, 264 bhp, 222 ft-lb torque engine. FWD model has plenty of power to merge and cruise. Comfortable ride, quiet cabin and well-appointed / colour-coordinated leather. Back seat moves to allow for excellent leg room with lesser cargo needs. Sunroof and electronics work well and easy to control. Very nice Pioneer 250 Wattp sound system. Chrome exterior option with 19" rims and cardinal red paint looks very high end. Definitely an on-road version, as opposed to the TrailBlazer (which we still have).

Great purchase

by Leslie from Richmond, Indiana on Wed Apr 19 2017

This is a great SUV for a small family! I'm so impressed by the gas mileage and comfort of this car. It has a great design and wonderful options available for all family members!

Worst car I've ever owned.

by Lady DDT from Charleston on Sun Nov 18 2018

This car power steering light keep say there is a leak. When I turn the switch on its so loud have to let it run to use down. Have to keep putting oil on it. Don't know why it's burning oil so fast.Now it's smells like gas on the inside whenever we turn on the vents.This is just bad. You should have a recall on the 2011 model's because everyone I know with a vehicle same make and model have had the same problems. Something need to be done.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22

Our Take on the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox

With the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox’s high-quality interior and great ride, it’s easy to see why the compact SUV has been a runaway success, though its value diminishes as the trim level and price rises. It is available with FWD or AWD.

It’s been two years since our initial review of the redesigned 2010 model. Now, a few years in, we’ve tested multiple Equinox trim levels against fresher competition. This time around, I drove the most-expensive trim, the LTZ, with a four-cylinder engine and AWD. Other trims are the LS, 1LT and 2LT.

There aren’t many feature changes for the 2011 Equinox versus the 2010. For a comparison of the two model years, see here.

Winner of... Read More