2011 HHR

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

GM Built That?!

by Charlie L from Boston, MA on August 2, 2011

I'm generally pretty down on GM vehicles, but I have to say that this was an impressive value for the suggested price. I've driven other GM cars like the Malibu and Camero and felt that they just didn't live up to the hype. But the HHR was noticeably different. I rented an HHR in Salt Lake City and drove it about 700 miles in Utah and Idaho, much of it highway driving at 75 or 80 mph (the speed limits are 75 in many places). The vehicle tested had about 3000 miles on it. The mileage was decent (30+); the performance was decent; the handling was decent (it wasn't that usual mushy feel that I tend to associate with GM vehicles). The construction didn't feel "cheap". The cruise control worked very well and kept a tight leash on the speed, even at 75+ mph. The "information" readouts (mileage, tire pressure, cruise range, etc.) were helpful and easy to navigate. The instrument panel was laid out well. I might ding it a little for having a fairly small tachometer, but that's minor. I didn't use the bluetooth option (it was only a rental), but I was impressed that it had this. Sunroof? Check. It's a little thing, but I liked the flip up compartment up on the top of the dashboard. It was a good place to store your sunglasses, maps, etc., yet still accessible while keeping your eyes on the road. The driver's seat was comfortable and provided good lumbar and back support. Driver's armrest? Check. Split rear seat with a decent amount of cargo space? Check. Reasonable cup holders? Check. Honestly, I never thought I'd say this, but when it comes time to replace my Civic, I will think seriously of the HHR.

best value suv

by grampys ride from manahawkin NJ on May 2, 2011

I do not understand why this car is not liked more,I have just bought my 2nd HHR.The 1st stripped,2nd loaded,It is the best value in the market.29 mpg to Fla and back to NJ.The ride is not that of a small car,and 2.4 engine performance is exceptional,but the 2.2 is great too.For me the style is different then the rest,and retro look stands out from other suv s.I love the sports handling and tight ride.Only neg is low winsheld. Jim

Get an HHR LT2 LOADED,YOU'LL LOVE IT

by all around car guy from SAN RAMON,CALIF. on January 6, 2012

Just retired 25 years mgmt car rental industry..i've driven them all!!Before retirement drove a LT2 San Fran to LA return..30mpg, ride like mid-size,leather very comfortable.. Nov 2011 purchaced a 2011 LT2,LOADED leather.heated seats the works! At first wife thought looked like 'little hearse" now loves it. If you're serious look for the LT2 2.4 2011 last production year .mine is white..lottsa chrome and tons of aftermarket goodies available

Sporty and Reliable

by Sporty Mama from Warsaw, MO on May 29, 2012

My 2011 HHR has been a pleasant surprise. I purchased it for the practicality of gas mileage, but have found that I enjoy the really comfortable and sporty styling also. It is different enough to be unique, but not weird. There are a couple of things to learn (blind spots), but once you master it, it's a really cool, economical car. Love it!

A P Colo

by HHR enthusiast from Cathedral City, CA on March 5, 2012

I liked my 2008, until someone decided to "total it". I went out to get a new one, only to find GM quit making them, so I got a 2011 with as low mileage as possible. I am totally happy with this unit.

Small Utility Vehicle

by DublG from Santa Maria, CA on November 8, 2011

I own a small "Handyman" business and the cost of gas had me looking for something smaller than an 8 cylinder panel van. I saw the HHR Panel being used as a parts runner and was intrigued. I am glad I made the investment. The panel has plenty of room for the small jobs I do and the additional ladder rack makes hauling my equipment easy. Having three doors with which to load and unload is a plus. The retro style gives my business a classy look. The styling obstructs the vision to some extent but with practice, the mirrors do an adequate job. Its fun to drive and I get around 21 MPG City even with the ladder rack. Sorry GM decided to discontinue this unique vehicle.

Love It!!

by Natalie from Hendersonville, TN on October 8, 2011

I've had my HHR LT 2.4 liter since 2006. Bought it brand new, loaded. I was heartbroken when I got into a wreck (not my fault) 5 days ago. I promptly went out & bought a 2010 HHR LT loaded. I loved my car. Gas mileage is awesome, handling is great, it feels so solid & tight. I would highly recommend it for value, style and maneuverability. Cargo space is very ample. I even have an auto sunroof in my new one. Love the leather seats too.

HHR 2 lt

by lt372 from St. Louis, MO on March 3, 2012

Just picked up my black metal flake HHR. The 2lt looks great with the chrome wheels mirrors etc. The color in the sun is a blast, the flake makes it look like dark gray. I am 6ft 2 and have found a comfort spot while driving so I will be good but I need to get rid of the left foot dead pedal seems to get in the way. Will write more later when I have had a chance to learn all the functions. lt.

Loving the Heritage High Roof

by Gimpy from Southern, NJ on October 20, 2011

I liked my 2007 so much I bought a 2011. Fun to drive 26 + mpg city. Roomy & cool looking. Onstar is another plus.

exactly what i needed

by sport fanatic from Germantown,WI on April 9, 2012

I purchased my HHR in feb 2012 i needed a gas miser for long road trips ,without losing comfort and space,the HHR gave me the space and comfort i wanted in a vehicle.After shopping around on the cars .com sight i narrowed it down to 3 vehicles,based on price ,comfort and gas mileage.The day I picked up my vehicle it ws snowing and handle quite well ,the only complaint woulb be pulls left taking it in to have it checked

1 2 3 4 5 6