2013 Malibu

2013 Chevrolet Malibu

2013 Chevrolet Malibu

4.3

Have You Driven the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu?

Happy Camper

by Turbo Z from Romeo, MI on Fri Aug 17 2012

I was immediately attracted to this car for the Camaro-like styling cues. It has an awsome-looking stance and great lines. I like the Camaro treatment inside as well. The car is quiet as a tomb! I sometimes have to look at the tach to see if it is running! Fit and finish are awesome! Very well-done package.

Love it

by Phil from Illinois on Wed Dec 05 2012

Ya know...I really really love this car. I have no idea how it gets bad reviews.. I read one website saying it was the 17 best midsize sedan out of 19. What a crock. I bought the 2lz model and it rides wonderfully, looks sporty, has all the cool gadgets. My neighbor, whom I've maybe talked to a couple times, rolled down his window as I was getting out of my Malibu and was like dang dude, that car looks sweet! What is it?" When I told him it was a Malibu he seemed shocked. I dunno, Chevy gets a bad rap and I still don't get it... Maybe this vehicle is a little mor expensive than competitors, but I for one am willing to ignore that because I'd rather support the American auto industry. If you're on the fence with what you should purchase, and you've read some of the "published" reviews on this vehicle that maybe makes you think twice about getting a Malibu, buy it! Those reviewers are dumb. They basically all say that the Malibu has a great ride and that the interior is comfortable and that it has a sleek looking exterior but they give it a bad score because of the handling, or the power, or blah blah...I tell ya what, being comfortable in my car...and having a car with a really nice ride is really really important... Having a car that tunes out outside noise is important... I'm not trying to be a rally sport driver in my car...I'm trying to go to and from work.

A pleasant surprise

by Sean from Philadelphia, PA on Fri Jan 18 2013

I wanted to trade my 2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 for the new 2013 Buick Regal. A friend of mine who is a Chevy dealer recommended that I look at the new 2013 Malibu 1LT. I thought "Malibu? Coming down from my Lucerne?" I did not expect to come home with a new car....but I did! I was in total shock with this car. I get compliments on it all the time! The black granite metallic paint shimmers in the sunlight. The MyLink stereo system is amazing, and the interior lights at night makes you feel like you're driving a spaceship! And from going from a V8 to an inline-4, I was extremely impressed. The transmission shifts aggressively and sporty when merging onto the highway, but is smooth a nimble when driving around town. When you need to get up and go, the 2.5L will get the job done! I average around 28 mpg with mixed highway and city driving, which is better than the 18mpg mixed driving that I was getting with the Lucerne, and both cars have the same size gas tank. So less trips to the gas station! On the highway, I can get upwards of 40mpg and I don't even own the ECO! It is very responsive and is just as smooth and quiet as my Lucerne was, if not better! And VERY comfortable as well. Sure the back seat is a bit tight, but the only two people that normally ride in this car are my girlfriend and myself. I highly recommend this car to someone who is looking for a reliable, comfortable, and sharp looking car! I have owned it for 5 months now and I am VERY happy!

So glad i got a malibu

by Nicole Local from Slo, CA on Thu Aug 22 2013

I did some online research and then took a test drive in the 2013 Chevy Malibu ...On the outside I love the curves, the body style and shape is very eye catching. I got inside and felt like I was on my reclining chair at home, I have enough room for my large dog to ride in style in the back seat. The ride is smooth and air bags are surrounding to keep my loved ones safe. I Drove off the lot that day in my pearl white Chevy Malibu and I am happy I did.

A smooth ride

by MikeWhiskey from New York on Sun May 20 2012

I really appreciate the smooth, quiet ride. The Pioneer speaker system is nice but I often find my music cuts in and out, even on the AM/FM stations. I agree with the reviews that the room in the back seat is not very plentiful. I purchased the fully loaded style and I can honestly say its a great looking car. My only con would be the reduced visibilty using the side mirrors. I get the same feel in the Malibu as I did in the Camero. The mirrors are just too small. If your capable of driving the speed limit at all times you can really stretch out a tank of gas!

Classy American

by TM from on Thu Oct 18 2012

Bought the diamond white tri-coat in the ltz trim with cream and coco leather. Like it better than my 2001 Cadillac Deville, best car I've had yet. Quiet with plenty of power. The interior is superb and has a real quality feel all around. I want to buy American but I won't waste my money on substandard cars of the past. This car is classy without being proud. Got it for 2k under sticker by working 3 dealers against each other. You can feel good about buying a Malibu.

Chevy got it right

by AJJ from Phenix City, Alabama on Wed Sep 17 2014

I have never written a car review before, but I will make an exception for this car. Our previous car was a Pontiac G8 GT, so going down to a 4 cylinder is a pretty big leap from a V8. The first model we test drove was the 2.5L 4 cyl. it had pretty good pick up, and we really liked the design and the interior, but we were not sold on it. We stumbled upon the 2.0L 4 cyl turbo charged LTZ model. This model has it all. Beautiful 19in wheels, a sunroof, the rearview camera we really wanted and a whole lot of pick up for a 4 cyl. If acceleration is a good priority, then there is only one way to go, and that is with the turbo charged model. It rides incredibly smooth, Cadillac smooth. The cabin is very quiet, and the Pioneer sound system sounds great. We are big fans of the hidden cubby holes. The one behind the Nav screen, the one under the cup holders, the 2 front door storages, how they extend well beyond what you see. It is so convenient to have the smart keys. Now, my wife can unlock the car, get in the car, start it, drive it, shut it off, get out, lock it and walk away without ever taking the keys out of her purse. A convenient feature if you are holding lets say an infant. The seats are very comfortable, although the back seats are a little lacking when it comes to leg room. The detail in the car is fenomenal. The little blue accents look so cool at night. Comfort gets 4 stars due to the lack of leg room in the back, and performance gets 4 stars because I can't help but to compare it to the G8 GT. It is a little unfair of a comparison, but compared to other 4 cyl vehicles, and even some 6 cyl vehicles, it is an easy 5 star rating. The exterior lines are clean, sleek, and mean. The gas mileage is right around the 21/30 rating. Much better than the V8 I used to drive. You cannot get a better loaded, or performing vehicle for this price. I don't care what anyone says about the competitors. GM, specifically Chevrolet got it right with this car.

Fantastic car

by Regular mom from Omaha, NE on Thu Nov 07 2013

The new Malibu design is outstanding. It's sleek, sporty and very stylish. The interior of my LTZ is awesome! All leather, beautiful extras, in dash lights that give this incredible sleek look! Heated seats, drivers side seat memory, Bluetooth, you name it, it had it! It handles incredible as well! Such a smooth ride and great gas mileage! I'm not some person who knows everything about cars but the new Malibu is every bit as nice to look at as a Lexus with a much lower window sticker! I've never been happier with any other car!

Most reliable Car Ive owned

by Sunshine from Lewsiburg WV on Wed Dec 04 2013

I LOVE the new design, the comfort, the ease of handling. I live in WV and the roads are curvy to say the least as well as all the mountains and this car has NO problem with "bogging" down.. its a great dcar to drive

Great car at a great price

by Gm certified buyer from Rockford, Mi on Thu Feb 20 2014

I've had this car for a month and couldn't be happier with it. Great performance and great gas mileage. I couldn't ask for more!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14

Our Take on the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu

Midsize sedans are the tried-and-true everyday car. They do everything pretty well, and these days get excellent mileage and look good, too. Chevy's Malibu has always struggled to be seen in the same light as the Toyota Camry, Honda Accord and lately, the Hyundai Sonata and Ford Fusion.

There's much to like about the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu, but consumers may have a hard time reconciling not only its looks and interior but also its value and spaciousness versus the class.

I tested the latest Malibu with its new base four-cylinder engine in various trims. The car debuted with a mild-hybrid system teamed to a four-cylinder called the Chevrolet Malibu Eco that returns 37... Read More