Read or write a review.

4.5
Average based on 23 reviews

3800 engine, one of the best ones out there

by from Overland Park, KS on September 3, 2010

Wow, this car is great that's all I can say. This engine has been running for at least a decade with very few problems, the only con of the car, it doesn't come in a manual transmission.

Thank You Chevy Guys!

by from Knoxville Il on March 20, 2013

I've had my liscense for 32 years! In that time,I've only had 8 vehicles and 4 of them have been Monte Carlos!! The 2 I own now are a 1973 Blue and White, with 42,000 miles and my 2003 Pace Car Edition that just clicked 100,000 last weekend! LOVE LOVE LOVE MY CARS !!! Would recomend (and do) this car to anybody cool enough to drive one!

Love this car the style, coupe, handling,reliable!

by from Rockville,mn on December 25, 2012

This is the second monte for me first had a 98 LS that I loved to work on but it never needed much. Went for a ss 03 now...leather heated seats the 3.8 it's much faster and the sport shocks are a little stiff but it handles great around corners.

MOST AWESOME CAR EVER!

by from Midwest on February 23, 2011

I have one that I bought new 8 years ago. I have over 150k on it and have never had a days trouble with it. It also gets gets 32 mpg on the highway. Not bad for its size!

3.4 LS Model

by from Massachusetts on September 18, 2012

I have had this car for a little less than a year now and i have had some problems. The head gasket went within the first few weeks of buying the car. The flexplate went soon after. There was also transmission leak with the engine again. The air condenser also needed to be replaced after four months. All in all i spent over $2000 fixing the vehicle that is after the lemon law depleted. When it isnt in the repair shop it is a really great car. People comment about how nice it looks and stuff.

Very reliable SS

by from Kissimmee, FL on February 17, 2012

Bought this car with 30,000 mi on it and 2 years old. It is the SS package. Have had nothing major wrong with this car since. It is now 109,000 mi and still running strong! After 100,000 mi I had to replace 2 things, a window regulator ($500) and an elbow coolant hose ($300). Very good acceleration for a V6, I was pleasantly surprised. Standard options are real nice too! I especially like the premium sound system with factory amp. It is very bassy sounding. Power everything, cruise on steering wheel, ICE COLD A/C still at 109,000 and never serviced it. Amazingly reliable!

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by from Huntington, NY on February 25, 2013

Bought my Monte Carlo LS with 9400 miles on it in 2006. It presently has only 43,000 on the odometer, as I work from home and don't drive it much during the week. What a great car - very comfortable, good mileage 20-21 town & 26-27 highway with the V-6, feels safe, easy to handle, very distinctive styling, reliable. This car is treated well with regular maintenance, even though we have no garage and it sits outside. I gave it "5 Stars" for performance since it has plenty of adequate power, enough to break the front wheels loose if you stomp on the accelerator, which I've only done a handful of times. Otherwise it's driven carefully. These automobiles are a wonderful value for the money.

Absolutely amazing

by from New Windsor, NY on September 10, 2011

Just rolled 258,000 miles and no complaints or problems wwhatsoever. Handles great in all weather! The best car I have ever owned!

2003 Monte Carlo LS

by from Central Illinois on October 6, 2011

Purchase the car new in july 03, 8 plus years with 93k on the car it has never been in the shop except for oil changes. We get 22 mpg in and around town and have got up to 32mpg on the highway. I have replaced the front and rear brake pads and one set tires. Has been a very good car and plan on driving it for some more years. I have had very good service from GM automobiles. Best piece of advice is keep up on routine maintance and you should get many miles of worry free driving.

Very Sporty and fun to drive

by from Anchorage, AK on March 18, 2009

Very nice and fun to drive many features. Very Sporty, Power, and good handling. If you can find one under 55,000 miles and in mint condition buy it. You will not regret it.

Our Expert Review: 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo