2000 Chevrolet Prizm

just basic

by from North Port, FL on September 7, 2017

cheap but nickels and dimes you after 100K. also burns a lot of oil, several quarts a month. my commute is 80 miles round trip 5 days a week.

Oil consumption

by from Jefferson City , TN on August 2, 2017

A quick check will show you that these engines have an issue. After 90,000 it drinks oil due to bad design. As long as you keep filling it with oil it will last though. Like 1 qt a month

Great Car

by from Douglassville on July 11, 2017

I love this car. It's economical and fun to drive. It has some guts without being outrageous. I just really enjoy driving this car and it is so reliable.

305,000 miles and still going!

by from New England on April 23, 2017

The car is 17 years old and has over 305,000 miles. So it looks like the worst car on the road today, but it always starts and always gets me where I'm going. Biggest problem is the cassette player no longer works.

Great Little Cars!

by from St.louis,Mo on July 14, 2014

Mom bought this 1999 Prizm off the lot new no options except alloy wheels and automatic. Maintained it every 3,000 miles oil at 75,000 she went to high milage oil. Belt,hoses,radiator flush at around 95,000. Drove it till 163k maintaining oil,tires,brakes nothing major. Passed it on to me 180,000 miles or there abouts transfluid changed all 4 wheel bearings were replaced and 4 new quick struts did them myself saved money. New exhaust at 220,000 front to back. Now has 262,000 thousand miles on it and I drive it 1000 miles a week in traffic250 miles a day as a courier/messenger keep up the maintenance oil, injector cleaners and they will go for along time...... Hoping to get 300,000 miles out of it. Looking for another one everyday.

Great First Car

by from on July 26, 2013

I have the 2000 Prizm LSI and it is VERY reliable. I think that is what I like the most about it. Being a teenager, I don't want to have to put too much money into fixing my car. The only things I've had to fix are the inevitable repairs like new tires, brake pads, etc. I would definitely recommend this car to any new driver.

Great Car

by from on January 24, 2012

I got this car as my first car 4 months ago and it is great. I got it used too. It runs great and the gas milage is awesome.

Most Reliable Car EVER!!!

by from SLC, UT on November 3, 2011

I bought a 2000 Prizm in 2002 used. I've had it ever since. I've never had a single issue with this car. It's great with gas mileage. It's a little smaller than some cars and therefore is not as comfortable with four passengers, but having said that I've taken several road trips in this car and it's been just fine. COMPLETELY satisfied and totally reliable. I would recommend this car without hesitation. I've got over 110,000 miles now and have yet to have ANY major or minor repairs. FANTASTIC car! Also, great in snow, I take it up to the ski slopes often, never had any problems.

4.5 stars

by from Maryland on September 13, 2011

Best car for the money, IMO. Easy to maintain, easy on gas. Parts are cheap and common. Descent power for what it is and very reliable. Perfect car for the humble and the budget-minded.

Best car I have had in years

by from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho on May 27, 2009

I really love this car. It runs really good and I have had no problems. It even keeps me from locking my keys in the car. Even if I lock my doors, put the key in then shut the doors it unlocks whether I'm in the car or not. That's awesome for me.