1997 Chevrolet S 10

My favorite little truck

by from Albion, NY on June 26, 2007

The Chevy S10 is a very practical truck with loads of potential. The base 4x2 std cab 6' fleetside box model is a eager little truck both on the road and off. The dead steering feels pleasent off road and doesnt jar your arms on every bump and the 2.2 L4 engine is eager to go which makes this truck a pleasure to drive on road and off. In stock trim my truck a 1997 S10 w/ a 5-spd manual tranny pumps out a healthy 118hp @ 5600 rpm and 130 torque @ 2800 rpm. This is the most reliable vehical I've ever had. I love this truck and am I'm planning to keep it for the rest of my life. Couldn't be more happy with this truck. I love it.

Certainly the most worry and maintenance free car

by from Denver Colorado on May 18, 2008

The Chevy S-10 is a reliable workhorse. It requires very little attention, and very little maintenance to ensure lasting performance for years. Probably the smartest purchase I ever made.

great truck; sorry chevy did away with the s-10

by from ocean county new jersey on September 12, 2007

I bought the truck used in march of '05 and now have about 115,000 miles on it.It is in like new condition. Motor is as strong as it ever was and the body doesnt have a bit of rust on it.

First Truck and i love it

by from Sharon, MA on April 9, 2013

Great engine that takes off well for a truck and pretty good mpg at 19 average. Especially for a truck 16 years old, i was enthused to find something actually reliable for my price range.

The best truck for the money I've ever owned!

by from St.Cloud MN on June 28, 2017

I bought this truck used and loved it the entire time I owned it. It is a little small in interior but the 4.3 liter V6 has provided enough power for me every single time! I owned this mini truck for over 7 years and it was the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned! Perfect for short commuting if you have to haul things! Even got over 20 miles to the gallon!

Our Expert Review: 1997 Chevrolet S 10