2001 Chevrolet S 10

Cherolet S10 Extracab 2 Wheel Drive P/U

by from Renton on September 1, 2012

This is our fifth S10 from Chevrolet, the first our were the Blazer model. We purchased this mainly because of Chevrolet's reliability and dependability as we needed another short distance commuter vehicle an a pick up for hauling odd jobs. This vehicle has worked out to be a great purchase for us and we would definitely recommend this purchase to anyone that is looking for a similar vehicle.

a good bang for your buck

by from hatboro pa. on November 29, 2013

a great blend of value for your money and reliability. comfort in the cab and on the road . 2nd one I have owned.

Good Truck

by from on March 12, 2012

Had a few minor problems with my ZR2 but nothing major. Tows like a full-size. Drive it all the time.

Good Little Truck

by from Apalachin, New Yoprk on February 6, 2009

This 2001 is my second S-10. It is a two wheel drive extended cab with the four cylinder engine and a five speed manual transmission. This vehicle is very reliable mechanically. I bought it new in 2001 and now has 92,000 miles on it. No mechanical problems besides the rear differential seal leaking fluid twice. Both times were covered under the 36,000 mile warranty. The problems with the vehicle are these. A rattle in the passenger door that I had to take into for repair under warranty, four times. It still comes and goes, but I have learned to live with it. Also the hood latch cable broke once. The third door hinge has broken three different times also. I just do not use the door anymore. If you live in a state that uses salt in the winter to clear roads the S-10 is guaranteed to eventually rust starting at the third door and then rapidly expanding. I know of four different S-10s that this has happened too. The rusting will begin being visible at around 80,000 miles though. If you can live with these,then an S-10 may be for you. Bottom line is that is a dependable tough little truck.

2001 S10 chevrolet truck

by from South Zanesville, Ohio on August 5, 2006

This is a nice driving truck with lots of power. It has bucket seats with a lumbar support on the drivers side. It is well maintained and kept in a garage.

Good Truck

by from Cedar Rapids, IA on September 15, 2010

Good value for the money. only a few break downs. Recently got in an accident and not much damage was done to the truck after being hit from behind. Otherwise, a great truck with a lot of towing for its size

I thought all american cars were the same

by from Las Vegas on September 20, 2008

Not! I didn't know that Chevy made reliable, durable and comfortable vehicles. I was brain washed to believe only import brands could do that.

Best small pickup

by from Grand Lake, CO on December 6, 2006

The S-10 4 door with a camper shell is a poor man's Suburban. Has been a Great Reliable ride for the 1st 100,000 miles.

My Truck

by from Youngstown, Fl on January 26, 2009

Well since i have had this truck i have had to replace the air condition motor and for some reason now its not cooling because the hose has rubbed a hole from the fan motor.

Looks nice

by from North Reading on April 8, 2017

has the features I was looking for, power windows, power locks, Cassette, CD,AM/FM radio clean lines

Uses car for Towing