2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

very comfortable truck

by from syracuse, ny ( the rust belt) on November 17, 2009

we have a 1500 Z71 with 66000 on the 5.3 engine without any problems the ride is very comfortable and quiet. I have replace the power window operater 3 time in each door. Replace the blower motor resistor card, and just replace all 4 rotors and pads. we purchased the truck 4 years ago with 45000 miles on it. I replaced the right rear brake caliper and rbber line line. The truck needs a dirt guard in front of the rear wheels to limit dirt getting into the brake caliper. I made my own and they seam to work well

Excellent Truck

by from Indiana on May 4, 2009

Great truck, reliable, comfortable for family of five. Handles and rides great. Chevy got this one right.

A nice reliable truck

by from Salt Lake City, UT on June 3, 2010

This truck is very nice for it's price and age. It has always been very reliable for me, without any repairs other than oil and tires.

by far best truck I've owned

by from san antonio, tx on January 10, 2008

amongst the 1ton competition the chevy/GMC is superior in every factor except price, however even with higher price it's still the best value

AWESOME!!

by from Milwaukee, WI on July 12, 2006

I love the new 2500 HD series pickups by Chevy. Being a devoted Chevy fan, this truck is by far the best production workhorse ever offered! Great power, buttloads of torque; the new Vortec engines continue to shine!

Extremely reliable, hard on gas.

by from Lawrenceburg, KY on April 13, 2017

I love my 1500HD, it's super strong and will get any job done. However, the gas mileage is what makes me want to sell. Mine has the big 6.0 vortec, plus it's lifted and has big mud tires, so I only get about 9 mpg.

BFT

by from Massachusetts on September 18, 2006

I really like my BFT. Have had it for 4 years. The only non-maintenance issude was an altenator. It was covered by warantee, however, I plow with the truck and it does a good job. It is a good mix of Big truck, and comfort.

Chevy Trucks keep going and going

by from California on May 10, 2007

My 2500 HD is one of the most powerful trucks I have driven (total of 5, toyota tacoma,toyota thundra, dodge ram, chevy 1500) Other than your normal maintenance, this truck is extremely reliable. I still have my dodge and never drive it anymore because it feels like driving a 4 cylinder after the chevy.

407000 miles never opened engine up

by from Ky on March 31, 2017

Great truck very few problems allways aggravated key never would go to accessory . comfortable ride paint stayed good

Best truck I've owned

by from DFW area on April 10, 2007

I bought my Silverado new, and it has yet to fail to do anything I needed it to do. I have pulled anything I needed, from ag tractor on trailer to equipment trailers for a Scout toop for a weeks camping 1/2 way across the country. I would not consider anything other than a Silverado after this truck.