2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

LIKE A ROCK

by from Nashville, TN on September 17, 2009

Bought my 2002 used a few years ago with 80k on it, it has 150k on it now, nothing has gone wrong, and I've towed a trailer literally almost every mile with it. Has the 5.3v8 and the 3.73 rear end ratio, great power and decent mpg for a truck (17hwy). Handles extremely well especially for a truck, and rides like a Cadillac, and very quiet. A refined workhorse, and very reliable. Absolutely LOVE this truck, have seen some with over 300k with same engine - it will last. BUY IT.

Uses car for Towing

Silverado 1500 LS

by from Milton, WI on May 17, 2012

I just bought this vehicle about a month ago with 116000 miles on it and so far its been a great towing vehicle for my 17 foot boat. My boat loaded is about 2500 lbs. Can't even tell its on the back. The engine is very powerful and surprising the gas mileage is better than I thought. Towing it gets much better mileage than my previous Toyota Highlander which was a V6. If you have to tow a boat I recommend that you get a 8 cylinder you wont regret it. The only thing I wish it had were 4 doors instead. I have the extended cab with two doors and I have kids who sit in the back, so it becomes a littel more of a pain to always make sure the back door gets shut first. I was a little skeptical about purchasing a vehicle with that many miles on it but from the research I have done the 5.3 litre engine in the Silverado's is a good one and I'm hoping will last to over 200000. The only other complaint is the notorious piston slap (noise coming from the engine) after a cold start. After a minute it goes away and from what I am told that is common and does not mean anything is wrong with the engine. So far an excellent truck for my needs.

Uses car for Towing

very comfortable truck

by from syracuse, ny ( the rust belt) on November 17, 2009

we have a 1500 Z71 with 66000 on the 5.3 engine without any problems the ride is very comfortable and quiet. I have replace the power window operater 3 time in each door. Replace the blower motor resistor card, and just replace all 4 rotors and pads. we purchased the truck 4 years ago with 45000 miles on it. I replaced the right rear brake caliper and rbber line line. The truck needs a dirt guard in front of the rear wheels to limit dirt getting into the brake caliper. I made my own and they seam to work well

Excellent Truck

by from Indiana on May 4, 2009

Great truck, reliable, comfortable for family of five. Handles and rides great. Chevy got this one right.

by far best truck I've owned

by from san antonio, tx on January 10, 2008

amongst the 1ton competition the chevy/GMC is superior in every factor except price, however even with higher price it's still the best value

A nice reliable truck

by from Salt Lake City, UT on June 3, 2010

This truck is very nice for it's price and age. It has always been very reliable for me, without any repairs other than oil and tires.

BFT

by from Massachusetts on September 18, 2006

I really like my BFT. Have had it for 4 years. The only non-maintenance issude was an altenator. It was covered by warantee, however, I plow with the truck and it does a good job. It is a good mix of Big truck, and comfort.

Chevy Trucks keep going and going

by from California on May 10, 2007

My 2500 HD is one of the most powerful trucks I have driven (total of 5, toyota tacoma,toyota thundra, dodge ram, chevy 1500) Other than your normal maintenance, this truck is extremely reliable. I still have my dodge and never drive it anymore because it feels like driving a 4 cylinder after the chevy.

AWESOME!!

by from Milwaukee, WI on July 12, 2006

I love the new 2500 HD series pickups by Chevy. Being a devoted Chevy fan, this truck is by far the best production workhorse ever offered! Great power, buttloads of torque; the new Vortec engines continue to shine!

Best truck I've owned

by from DFW area on April 10, 2007

I bought my Silverado new, and it has yet to fail to do anything I needed it to do. I have pulled anything I needed, from ag tractor on trailer to equipment trailers for a Scout toop for a weeks camping 1/2 way across the country. I would not consider anything other than a Silverado after this truck.

Similar Models

Select up to three models to compare with the 2002 chevrolet silverado_1500

2002 Ford F-350
Starting MSRP $21,575

You have selected maximum of 3 cars

Remove one of these cars to add others or compare the below cars now.