Model Details

4.3
Average based on 22 reviews

Tow Monster!

by from Elizabeth, CO on August 4, 2010

Guess who everybody calls when they need to move there large machinery or 31' Airstream? I have the 1500HD Crew Cab 4x4, and this thing tows like a monster, and is awesome in Colorado winters. It has a 4L80, reinforced suspension, type 5 hitch, etc etc etc. I think it's rated to tow 10,000!!! Don't let the 1500 fool you, it's more like a 2500, in fact I was told the 1500HD, is a 2500 right down to the 10 lug wheels, and class E 10 layer tires. I towed some pretty heavy stuff in the mile high city, and this sucker doesn't blink an eye. It has 65K miles, and I only had to replace a couple of things. The instrument cluster (warrantee) and the oil pressure sender ($30 bucks). Oh and a couple of fuses, but that was caused by a rental trainer. I always keep spares in my center console now. The only thing I added was a K&N air cleaner kit. Been meaning to add anchors on the bed floor, and maybe a front hitch. I save a lot of people in the winter time, and end up pulling 4 or 5 cars a year out of ditches and what not. Anywho It's a great truck, and I'm so glad I bought it... Wasn't cheap when I bought it (28,000), but worth every penny.

Uses car for Towing

truck just great happy with it

by from white casrle on September 10, 2012

i would need a nother truck i would buy the same kind of truck i like it the dealer that i bought the truck from was great, there is nothing i can say about my truck i just love it

this has been a darn good truck

by from Green Bay,Wi. on February 11, 2012

i,m the 2nd owner of my silverado. I like this truck very much. I have owned it for almost 7 years and only 1 issue aside from routine maintenance. That issue was replacing a steering shaft in the steering column. It cost me $140.00. My truck only has 63000 miles on it but it has been rock solid. No leaks of any kind. My only complaint is the fuel mileage, 13-14 in the winter, 15-16 in the summer. Other than that, very satisfied.

Best Truck Ever Built

by from Biloxi Mississippi on June 22, 2007

the silverado is the most comfortable truck I've ever owned. After 4 years no problems. My wife really likes the dual air conditioning controls. I like the gas mileage over 21 on the highway. The ride is really smooth not much noise in the cab,

Outstanding

by from Glyndon,Mn on September 7, 2013

Just know this is a Great Truck all around..This works Great for pulling my Boat with the Tow/Haul package..Does'nt use to much gas and still drives Smooth..Thank You Chevy..

more bang for the buck

by from oklahoma on November 9, 2006

I have had this truck for about 2 years and I wouldnt trade it for anything. everything has worked like it is suposed to I change the oil and filters as needed. i have gone 220000 miles of hard road travel pulling trailers and heavy loads and no problems.

love brutis!

by from newton, nj on November 30, 2014

So, let's face it. Every car needs a name.mine is Brutus! Lol bought used from my. I'm the second owner. I love the comfort, the style, and how sturdy my truck is. When you get on the gas sometimes it lags instead of taking off, but that's no biggie. I love my truck!

the right truck at the right price

by from murphysboro, il on March 19, 2013

I had a great experience at Vogler. My salesman was Bill Manis. He went above and beyond to satisfy our needs! We love Vogler!

new Chevy truck for my son

by from New Orleans, La on January 2, 2013

I searched cars.com and found the perfect truck for my son. The price and the value matched and he loves his new truck!!

I wish there were more Regular Cab Trucks

by from Austin, TX on May 14, 2006

I drive a work truck and I like it better than my own personal car. The ride is a little rough, but is expected for a 3/4 ton pickup. Has plenty of power and the seats are comfortable. Takes the abuse from the jobsites. only service the truck gets is the oilchange, and occasional new tires. The only problem I have was the speedometer didn't function after 106,000 miles, but now the new one functions pretty well.