2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 consumer reviews

$19,545–$22,745 MSRP range
side view of 2004 Silverado 1500 Chevrolet
Explore the 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Shop the 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

At 221,000 miles a keeper!

This truck is, by far, the second hestvtruck I've owned. The first being a 2002 GMC Sierra. It looks good, rides like a "Cadillac", good gas mileage, work horse, although all it has to do is carry me around as my daily driver. I've done nothing but put tires on it, and wipers, oil changes religiously, and that's it so far.

2004 Chevy Silerverado is a Great Truck

Chevy Silverado 1500 LS pickup truck is very reliable. Second-row seats are spacious. The extended cab is Great and the cap makes it even more functional

Only two problems

I love the 2004 Silverado crew cab shortbed. I also have a 2001 GMC CREW CAB BUT WITH THE 6.0 liter engine. Have NO PROBLEMS. With it. The 2004 Chevy & the 2001 GMC BOTH HAVE ARIUND 125,009 miles on them Mostly Freeway between AZ. & Ca. The 6.0 engine & Trans DRIVES Totally different than the 5.3 both are Automatic with Overdrive. Both are 3:73 GT4 rear gears ratios and both are G80 locking differentials. The 2004 had entire gauge package go out. Speedo, Tach, fuel, oil, Temp, Alternator charging gauge The air bag driver red lite is ON.

3.6

16 years. Started every time. Engine purrs.

Great work truck with tons of interior space. Great engine and transmission 5.3 v8 lots of power. Very reliable with plenty of life left. Full synthetic oil it’s whole life.

4.4

Never had difficulty starting in the middle of win

Perfect for having a hunting dog in the back.. it's rubber floors make easy cleanup. 6 1/2 ft bed makes hauling a breeze.. Chevy's are reliable

Best truck i ever had

I had to fix a few things along the way, but it still purrs like a kitten and runs like a Swiss watch. never left me stranded. oil change. and fluids is the key to keeping your truck or car going and going.

THE BEST TRUCK IVE EVER OWNED BY FAR !!!!!

THEY SAY YOU CAN'T KILL A TACOMA AND I DID AT 236,000 MILES. TRADED IN 2006 2.7L4CYL TACOMA FOR 2004 SILVERADO Z71 5.3L V8. I HAVE NEVER OWNED A CHEVY TRUCK. I'LL NEVER OWN ANYTHING ELSE EVER AGAIN. HAVE HAD SEVERAL TACOMA'S AND SEVERAL F-150'S. NEVER HAVE HAD THE COMFORT AND POWER THIS CHEVY GIVES !!!!! GAS MILEAGE IS NOT THAT FAR OFF THE 4CYL TACOMA. WOW !!!!! WHAT A TRUCK !!!!! I'LL NEVER OWN ANYTHING OTHER THAN A CHEVY TRUCK FROM NOW ON. PASSENGERS CAN ACTUALLY RIDE COMFORTABLY IN THE EXTENDED CAB. I COULD GO ON AND ON HOW IMPRESSIVE THIS TRUCK IS IN THE SNOW AS WELL. COMFORT ON THE HIGHWAY IS A 10 PLUS. RIDES GREAT IN THE SNOW TOO !! POWER FOR DAYS OVERALL.

Great Truck

This vehicle met all my needs and equipped like I want. It was a good color and ran great. Very satisfied with the vehicle and dealership.

Reliable and Smooth

This vehicle is one of the most powerful trucks I've driven for the price. Its durability and quality go a long way. I look forward to owning more Silverados down the road.

3.7

one of the best trucks iv seen out there

I feel like it could do some work on the exterior work but other than that i like it. It's a useful truck over all.