2013 Spark

4.3 out of 5 starsValue for the Money

All Reviews

A Honest Review

by Curtis from Indianapolis on April 5, 2013

I bought my Chevy Spark in February of 2013. It's the Jalapeno LS Automatic model. The Chevy Spark is my first car. I became fond of small cars after driving a friends Fiat 500 for a day. I wanted a small car that was good on gas but also needed a car that would fit a baby seat or a child in the back seat being my girlfriend and I discovered she was pregnant during the car buying process. I had test drove a Spark a few month prior to buying one and was really surprised at how well the car handled, rode, and performed for being so small. Being that I had drove other small cars and knew I had to have a back seat, so the Fiat 500 and Scion iQ were out of the question. I ended up getting the Spark and I haven't regretted it yet. It's a great little car. If you read reviews from car websites they'd have you think this car is horrible, it's not!! The car rides great, does it get bumpy on the high way, yes, but not unbearable like they make it sound! The interior is great, my only complaint is that the plastic panels scratch easy. The car steers great and is like driving a big go-kart, it handles very well. I believe the estimated gas for this car is listed wrong at 32/38mpg. The car will never dip under 30mpg even going 75-85mph. The car's sweet spot seems to be 50-65mph, the gas mileage soars at these speeds, 40-44mpg easily! This car gets really good gas mileage! It has never cost more then $30 to fill, normally around $25 being it only gas a 9 gallon tank. The seating is pretty comfortable and you can fit 4 adults in the car. It can be tight for the person sitting behind the driver but it's not bad as long as your not driving longer than 1 hour or so. I live in Indiana so I've had the chance to drive it in the snow. To my surprise the car performs pretty well in snow so no worries there. For 84HP it's not to bad, on some very steep hills it will struggle a little but no where near as bad as I thought! There's not much cargo room but trips to the grocery store will be fine so long as you don't take 4 people along and can use the back seats for storage. So far the Spark has been a really good car for me! If you go in not expecting Cadillac like quality then you will get a lot of value out of this car. I really think value and performance wise it easily beats the Scion iQ and Fiat 500. If you want a small car that's good on gas, runs good, can fit friends and family when needed, and will get you to where you need to go, there's no better choice than a Spark. It's a great car!!

HUGE little car.

by Sparky from Clarksburg, wv on January 8, 2013

Great car. I'm 6'2" and i can sit comfortably in any seat in the car. I have owned the car for a month and have only put $60 in the tank. Thats with holiday travel. I bought the car for my daughter but I might keep it for myself.

An economical man's "DREAM CAR""

by gigibirt from COVENTRY CT 06238 on September 5, 2013

....I must start off by saying...W.O.W. What a fantasticly well designed vehicle for a consumer who is cost concerned about gasoline prices. I had previously driven a 3 cylinder metro...as a matter of fact still do from time to time. W hy...because its economical and practical and the car has served me well for 236,000 beautiful miles. Its just the kind of car a person foms a love relation with and then finds it very difficult to part with. But its time had come.and I realized it. I had to make the big decision. I read in a magazine about the car called "THE SPARK". After seeing the ratings on the gas mileage in several different magazines. I thought to myself...well...this is about as close to a new metro as I'm going to get., And so I decided to take the chance. I made the call to the dealer. Who by the way was extremely personable and vert friendly. We made the deal on the spot and over the phone. All within about 10 minutes. The very next day I went there. The car which was the one I had chosen was on the show room floor,,,...and it was ready and waiting there just for me... Boy...was I in for an educational experience. There was so much more there.....more there than I had ever anticipated. I was sort of like lost in all,.........all it had to offer just as a basic SPARK....... Lets see....air...4 position seats...stereo...power windows..brakes..steering...which is also height adjustable for comfort.....a computer for a dash which gives readouts on mpg..tire pressure...tripometer....and of course a power outlet for a tire pump. Also forgot to mention..from time to time it talks....it also comes with onstar . I've had the car now close to a month......and I am still learning from it.. On gas mileage...I have 3 different readings so far....66.1mpg....46.7mpg....56.1mpg.....all depends on the traffic...my driving mood.....and the moods of the traffic itself. When I am driving "THE SPARK" with my stereo on.....ITS LIKE A LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN....I am about as relaxed in it as I can be....the outside world doesnt seem to bother me. Surprising emotion from such a small car ...because I feel like Im driving a much larger car . Welp.....what more can I say about "THE SPARK"..........WISH I HAD BOUGHT IT SOONER. ps. also wish I had more money so I could buy 2.

Sparky is the one for me!

by Sparky from Knonx, Pa on September 22, 2013

I love this car!!!! I had done research on the Chevy Spark prior to purchasing it. I needed something that was fuel efficient. I kept track of the mileage and the gallons of gas ( the old fashion way)... My meter says Im averaging 37.7 MPG but Im actually averaging exactly 40 MPG in town, just driving short distances. I am planning a long trip the end of this week and I cant wait to see how the MPG does on the Interstate. The seats are comfy and the car rides so nice. I love getting into it everyday and driving it. Its a super fun car and a great conversation piece. Two of my aunts love it and are considering buying one. I would love to be a spokesperson for this car! lol

Good car overall but tranny can be tricky

by nettiemarie from Cuba, NY on October 1, 2013

Love the car overall: Good milage, great comfort, even great space inside, but the other day the tranny got stuck in 1st gear after starting it up and it is only 7 months old with 8700 miles on it. I have not been rough with the transmission in particular so I would not understand why it would do that this young in it's life. I had to pull over to the side of the road and shut it off before it would cooperate again. It may have been a computer-related issue as there is a software recall on the 2013 Sparks, but not sure why it would effect the transmission! Would I recommend it? Probably but check out the transmission on your test drive and while you are at it, take a few different test drives in the same Spark to make sure the tranny is reliable! My point overall: On the plus side, gas is great, fun colors and comfort. Caveat: Bright colors (of any make and model for that matter) are police-magnetic!!! Watch your speed in these Sparks--they are hot! :)

A car that shines for a economy vehicle

by TractorJoe from Nashville, TN on March 16, 2013

I bought the Jalapeno Spark LS for my wife for local shopping which allows me to keep busy in my hobby shop. We are both pleased with the Spark in its performing the daily chores. We now have 200 miles and 1 month on it. The only disappointment we have is the lack of a remote control for the door locks. One forgets the convenience of this feature. I have considered trading it for a LS1 just to get the remote key feature.

Very pleased

by Gatorjim from Tallahassee, FL on January 7, 2013

Handles well, feels solid, surprisingly roomy, attractive interior, wife loves the color(pinkish) and size. Controls are attractive, but take a short time to get used to. Acceleration is a little sluggish, but sufficient. 7,000 miles no problems. Averaging around 37 mpg, half highway, half city. I am 6 foot 190, fit fine in front or back. Very happy with purchase and especially price.

Test drive it

by Christine from on August 21, 2012

I personally test drove this 2013 Chevrolet Spark, it is one niiiiiice car. It packs a little punch with the accelerator. Its very snazzy and sleek, and gets wonderful mpg!

Brightest Car I've Ever Owned

by Little But Spunky from Red Rock, Texas on May 18, 2013

Overall it is a great little car. It gets great gas mileage and you can park anywhere. The technical interior of the vehicle is user friendly and very accessible. It's overall performance is great. It handles well in bad windy and rainy conditions. It is a little slow on the pick up, but once it gets going, you can be doing 80mph and don't even realize it. The only flaw to the vehicle I have found to be is the exterior strength (body). It is not as strong as most vehicles. Especially the hood area. It will dent very easily. I had to have a few small dents (no paint damage) removed. Which took all of 5 mins. to do. And is good as new. So do not lean or sit anything on it. But other than that, it is a great little car that I would recommend if looking for a sharp economical car.

Excellent Little Car

by City Street Parker from Chicago, IL on January 30, 2014

This car has everything I need with nothing I don't. AND the biggest bonus is that this little guy can squeeze into parallel parking spot in my neighborhood that other cars can't! Saves me so much time :) I bought this car in the middle of the 3rd snowiest winter in my area and it has handled it like a champ. All the driving I have done in it so far has been city so the MPG has been more like 30-33 that the super high highway possible highway mileage. But 240+ miles on 8 gallons of gas still makes me smile.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12