2015 Spark

4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

I Love This Car

by Ini from Phoenix AZ on August 20, 2015

We just purchased the 2015 Chevy Spark 4 weeks ago and we absolutely love it. I was very impressed how smooth and quiet it drives. It handles well on the road and the steering is awesome. Love all the features it comes with too. Touch screen for audio, hands free phone connection etc...great mileage, has the comfort and elegance of a more expensive car. Thank you Chevy for this wonderful and safe vehicle.

Rationale

by NathanJones from Dallas, TX on April 19, 2017

Own a 2015 Spark 2LT Manual purchased new off the lot in September, 2015...I had already seen the 2016 update and didn't care for the new design. Still don't. Two things I see in other reviews I'd like to address right off.....acceleration and the a/c. This is a little car with a little engine but I've had absolutely NO problem keeping up with traffic, entering a freeway or keeping up on the open road. Zero problems. Maybe it's the manual, but again...if you know how to drive and how to time your merge...I don't see the problem. Again, not once in the almost 2 years I've been driving my Spark have I "feared" I might get run over or not been able to keep up or even "lead the way". As far as the AC goes...I live in Dallas. It gets very hot here in the Summer. No problem keeping cool. None. Zero. The car isn't perfect, but I'm very happy/content with my purchase. I did have a couple of "workmanship" issues @ purchase...a really annoying rattle in the front passenger door that took multiple trips to the dealer to finally resolve and the accessory roof rack cross rails I purchased started losing parts within a year of having them secured on the roof and the dealer refused to replace the parts under warranty. I'm far from thrilled with the dealership where I purchased it to the point of not trusting their service dept. but otherwise, besides maintenance and one recall over a warning chime I've had no other troubles. I'm averaging 33 mpg in primarily urban/city driving and so far the best mileage I've gotten on a tank of gas has been 44 mpg. I find the front seats not super-comfortable and I'm less a fan of the "motorcycle inspired" gauges as time goes by and I'd have preferred cloth seats vs the "leatherette" the 2LT has...but that's about it. I plan on keeping this vehicle until @ least 2020 and plan on purchasing another Spark if they "fix" the design elements I dislike in the latest model (2016). We shall see.

Great car for everything except driving

by AirGeoff from Bossier City, LA on June 19, 2015

I just rented this for a few days to putter around Denver and have put some miles on it. I am impressed with certain features, especially for the price, but cannot recommend it based on the CVT. Pros: The interior is basic, but thoughtfully laid out. I find it to be comfortable, basic, but not cheap feeling. I like the look of the exterior, a little bit edgy, but quite versatile. For the money, all of this is surprisingly nice. Cons: One big one - the CVT is horrible. I own a Subaru Outback with a CVT (so I know they can be decent), this one is just laughably bad. It seems to be primarily a gearing issue where the computer can't figure out how to set the ratios properly. A little more time and effort on the CVT would have made a world of difference for this car. If not for that, I would say this is a steal at the price.

Does not recommend this car!!

Perfect first time car

by Lynda from Bear DE on November 13, 2017

We just got this car for our daughter, who was having a hard time finding a car she could drive comfortably and feel that she could see well from. She is 4'8" and most cars now have such a high back window. This is a perfect fit for her and has given her so much more confidence in her driving ability. It is surprisingly comfortable for her dad and I to ride with her, if she wants. She is very happy with the safety features in it - an important point for her. It's surprising how much pick up it has and has no trouble handling the interstate speeds. All in all, it was a great choice for us.

Why I love the 2015 Spark LT1 5 speed

by Chevy Spark LT1 5speed from Florida on April 29, 2017

I was looking for a new car that had blue-tooth and cruise control and great fuel mileage with a cheap price. This car filled the bill. I did add fog lights and got a dash cover and tented the windows. I used it as a commuter car and the hill assist was one of the surprising things I enjoyed most. Family, friends, co-workers made fun of how small it was, but i have lifetime fuel mileage of 39.6 mpg with over 43,000 miles. I would recommend the 5 speed over the auto because you can control the acceleration as you see fit. It's only had 1 recall (software update) which was handled during one of my free oil changes. I looked at the 2016 sparks and it doesn't have the same characteristics of the 2015 and only 15 more horsepower. The Chevy app allows you to unlock your car, tire pressure, fuel, mpg and track your car comes in handy. One day I had to take the wife's car to the shop and she came to pick me up in my car and I noticed she stopped at Michael's on the way. I wasn't surprised, but it was fun to call her on it.

You Get What You Pay For

by EmilyH from Baltimorex Maryland on June 20, 2017

Review based on the price tag. I bought this car certified refurbished with under 30,000 miles for $9,000. It is one of the cheapest cars on the US market. If you buy this car expecting the quality of a Benz thats on you. Anywho, I really like this car. Definitely a bang for your buck. I love the style of the interior, the extwrior grew on me, the seats are comfy, and being a 5'10" female, I fit great. They did an excellent job with space management. The guages are easy to see for me. My only complaint is the trunk space and the shocks. Dont expect to go for a Cosco or BJ's haul. Its not gomma happen. A trunk organizer took up 60% of the trunk space. You can feel every little bump in the road. Be very caredul because a bump a Cruze could glide over no problem can screw your car up! Just be careful and nice to this car ans it will take good care of you. Drove over 50 miles in one trip and this car had no problem with it.

This is the best car for value for money & style.

by nid from plantation,florida on June 10, 2017

This car met all my needs of commuting, fun and transporting. It 1.2L 4 cylinder 5 door hatchback, 4 seating, plenty of leg space in front & back. 2 power outlets, handsfree calling, Bluetooth, siriusXM satellite , car infotainment, Steering wheel audio controls, power windows front & back. Vehicle diagnostic - Onstar supported, keyless entry, traction control, low air pressure warning, anti lock breaking system, great city mileage of 28-29 and highway 38-39.

Economy and style collide!

by Rosiespark15 from Stewiacke NS on September 1, 2017

I love my Spark. There is ample room in the driver's seat, and all controls are easily accessed. I do find, however, that the CVT transmission makes the car a bit guttless, but having a 1.2 liter engine, the spark was not built to be peppy. It suits my needs as a grocery getter and commuter car. The rear seats fold down, creating a rather surprisingly large cargo area. I have had a BBQ, a washing machine and a dishwasher in the back, with enough space for the hatch to be closed and secured. I love my Spark! It is exactly what I was looking for!

Great gas mileage

by Jennifer from Florida on July 6, 2017

I love my car.. Audio is great.. Sitting could be better.. Bought it with 42000 miles and have had it for almost a year.. Very friendly in the city and long drives gas wise.. Not a get up and go car.. Scared me a few times with acceleration, afraid it was going to cut off.. Didn't need a huge car and it fits what I needed it for.. Only con would be the go power..

Great little car for the money

by Jena from Fayetteville, TN on September 1, 2017

I upgraded to this car from a 1990 Geo Metro. I think the Metro has more cargo room overall, but none of the comfy features of the modern Spark. Gets great gas mileage. Even around town, I'm getting around 39 mpg.

1 2 3 4