2000 Chevrolet Suburban

Well behaved UV

by from Missouri on July 16, 2007

Having owned 2 previous versions of the Suburban that went 250k miles each, I am impressed with Chevy engineers and the 2000 Suburban. Although it is still as big as a truck, it now rides, and sounds, more like a car. Gone are the teeth-loosening suspension, and the deafening road noise. A long road trip leaves you feeling good, like you weren't in a vehicle for the last 14 hours. The 5.3 Vortec is a bit underpowered off the line, but is forgiven for squeezing out 19.5 mpg at 77mph. Handling is what you would expect from a large UV, but it's worth noting that the 'Burban drills through rain slick highways, and is very well behaved as long as you remember you are in a high center of gravity vehicle that weighs 3 ton. No NASCAR moves! Interior comfort is vastly improved. Controls are easy to read and use. The leather seats are similar to your favorite recliner, any more comfortable and you would go to sleep. Quad seating leaves everyone with enough personal space (no sardine feelings!) The only complaints I have is the parking brake wears out too quickly. There is a TSB covering this, but only for the manual transmission versions. Shame on you Chevy! The other is the AC begins to blow warm if you are stationary for too long. Chevy's fix is a roaring aux radiator fan. Overall I am quite pleased with the '00 Suburban, and would recommend it to anyone who needs the wide array of capabilities it provides.

Love my Burb

by from Lincoln, NE on February 19, 2010

I bought my 2000 Chevy Suburban online, out of state in 2004 with about 75,000 miles and haven't looked back. Now at 172,000 I'm not interested in a trade. What for? The newer models have fancy GPS type systems, but it's still the same great truck. I've replaced the alternator. That's it. I'll keep on haulin' the family on vacation, to soccer practice and to the mall. Great buy. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Great Vehicle

by from pittsburgh,pa on September 3, 2012

Love it! Very comfortable, spacious, many extras that make you fell pampered. Easy to drive and park. Not the gas hog we expected.

2000 Suburban

by from Mississippi on July 18, 2006

Great vehicle for a family. Good for traveling and the such. Even pretty good around town. With about 104k miles, still going strong in all areas.

It's been a dream to own

by from Philadelphia on April 22, 2012

I purchased my 2000 Suburban in Jan 2010 with 129000 miles. I replaced the alternator, fuel pump and CV joints. This truck is very comfortable and reliable. I now have 148000 miles and the truck runs like new. I would not hesitate to purchase again.

I Raised All 12 of my Children in this

by from Kansas on August 1, 2015

I bought this car after I had my 11th and 12th children (twins) in 1998 when my 1993 Suburban started to break down. We live on a farm in Kansas, and my husband bought a 1999 Tahoe, and we would split the kids up between our cars. I loved this car, and I had it until a few months ago, when I had to purchase a 2015 GMC Yukon XL after my 2000 Suburban started to die. I loved my 2000 Suburban, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Bad weather, storms ,snow no worries you'll make i

by from Luck, W.I on July 12, 2017

Comfortable, dependable, driving family, pulling make easy ,mud ,rain, snow no worries 4 wheel drive at push of a button. Plenty of room for whole family and pets perfect for camping allows you to take roads off the beaten path

Similar Models