2003 Suburban

2003 Chevrolet Suburban

2003 Chevrolet Suburban

Have You Driven the 2003 Chevrolet Suburban?

high mileage Suburban

by tigger from Indiana on Tue Nov 08 2011

This Suburban had 237,000 miles on it when I bought it. It had been driven by an older gentlemen who had it maintained by his GM dealer all its life. He used only Mobile 1 in the engine and it does not use a drop of oil between 5000 mile oil changes. It goes to show if you take care of something it will last. We are very happy with the vehicle, it does everything we bought it to do.

Incredible Vehicle

by Love My Suburban from on Thu May 13 2010

I love my Suburban. It has 175,000 miles on it and it has never, ever, broken down. No problems whatsoever. I have many friend that own Suburbans with similar mileage and they say they have had no problems. I service it about every fifty thousand miles. I plan on driving it a long, long time.

Great for school age family

by familyplan from Indiana on Tue Apr 26 2011

We are very pleased with our 2003 Suburban LS. We are tall folks and appreciate the leg and head room in all three rows. We have made two trips to the mountains since buying this vehicle and have been very pleased with how well this vehicle manuvers. Even the gas mileage has been better than we expected. Only down side we have experienced is children in car seats are tuff to get in and out of back bench seat. Height of vehicle from the ground and bulk of middle seat that must flip forward to climb in make this quite a task.

Never disappoints, always comfortable

by Owner of many Chevys from Colorado on Tue Nov 11 2008

I have owned many Chevys over the years, the Suburban has been a great vehicle. We take many long road trips, it holds lots of cargo, very comfortable, nice entertainment system, reliable, sharp, tows exceptionally well and has met our needs over the last 5 years. We have invested a few thousand dollars in repairs, but it never disappoints and would recommend the Suburban to family and friends. I hope I can keep it for a 3rd vehicle after I pay it off.

Nicest and newest personal vehicle every owned

by Ductgauge from Northern NJ on Thu Aug 26 2010

My son told me to try cars.com and within the first 15 minutes of looking at suv's we had one that we liked ..made the appointment with dealer and vehicle was available and we loved it..I looked relentlessly for months on other sites and we never found everything in the vehicle that we wanted, it was always ok lets compromise..So glad we did'nt.. Great job Cars.com!

Most Reliable vehicle

by BDubb from GA on Mon Dec 12 2011

No doubt the 03 suburban was the best car I've ever purchased. Bought the car with 105K and it had a leaking water pump. Fixed it and other than changing oil and tires and filling with gas, just drove it. I did change out the 2 rear door lock actuators. Traded it in on a 08 sequoia platinum my wife wanted because she was just tired of driving the 200K suburban. I hope the sequoia is as good as the BURB was!!! THe burb drove like it did the day I bought it, still tight and gobbled up mile after mile.

100,000 miles and no repairs at all

by REW from Georgia on Tue May 05 2009

We bought the Suburban new in Feb of 03 and since then we have put 100k miles on it with no repairs at all. We tow a heavy boat with it into and out of the mountains without any difficulties and still have not had to do a break job. I just inspected them and will probably go another 30 or 40k miles withou any touble. A very good car we are expecting another 100k out of it without any trouble. Do the maintenance and it will keep you happy, There is ample room for all of your stuff and friends or family. No more need of the roof box from the minivan days. Fuel burn on the interstate runs about 19 at 75mph and in the city combined driving we are getting about 15. REW

Couldn't be better

by CP from Hudson WI on Sat Aug 24 2013

We bought our 2003 Z71 with 60k miles on it, that was 6 years ago. We now have 230k miles on it and it's still going strong. I have absolutely no intention on selling it until the wheels fall off, if it lasts to 400k miles then I'll still be driving it. The irony is we traded in a 2001 Infinity QX4 which was "one of the best used cars" according to a "leading consumer magazine" wink-wink, for this truck which was a "used car to avoid. I have owned many foreign and domestic cars, avoid Infinity like the plague, they are awfully expensive to work on. Give the Chevy Suburban Strong consideration if you have more than 2 kids, haul/tow, like a strong V8 with a good ride and a dependable and reliable vehicle. If you have you eyes on a foreign vehicle, stay away from Infinity but consider Lexus or Acura. Personally I would have no qualms buying one with 100k miles on it based on my personal experience, these vehicles have the capacity to go to 300k miles. If you can find an older model with 100k or less miles on it for $11k or less you are getting a heck of a deal on a $45k vehicle IMO.

Took 30K Salary Hit & Dialed Down to Used Suburban

by MSBDallas from Dallas, TX on Mon Apr 01 2013

Well, after dodging the economy bullet for a long time, my day came. I had to sell my fab truck and trade down my fab car, but I still needed something to schlep!! I found a super, one owner 2003 suburban and it only had 91K miles on it. The leather is still gorgeous, the carpet pristine and it is a 4x4 with a tow package and 9 pages of service records (no accidents). It is all tricked out with a few things that were very cutting edge in 2003 (the side mirrors fold in and they also pivot down when you are in reverse, too), but I wish the driver window rolled itself back up with just one touch. Nope, I have to hold it all the way. I know it will last a long time and will serve my schlepping needs. I fit seven women it for a lunch trip a few weeks ago. I LOVE the seat warmer - THE BEST!!! Even better than my old Cadillac used to be and I did not think you could top that! The gas mileage; not so great. I only get about 12 miles to the gallon and make every effort to fill it up when it reaches half a tank, otherwise, it's just to expensive. I wish it had more storage, but it was a great purchase. I would do it again.

2003 Suburban - still rolling

by Family Mover from Kimberly, ID on Mon Sep 10 2012

We had a 1998 Suburban that the transmission gave out, (I am also fixing), but with 7 children we had to have something. We upgraded to a 2003 Z71 model, loaded with all the bells and whistles... Has 230k miles on it, and is tighter than my 98 with 190k... Great vehicle.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2003 Chevrolet Suburban

Horses and Sense, in a Big Way
2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LT Quadrasteer

LOUISVILLE

People here love horsepower.

They celebrate it annually at the Kentucky Derby, the 129th running of which occurred over the weekend.

They honor it daily with the vehicles they drive, which are often the biggest of big trucks -- brawny trucks such as the 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LT Quadrasteer.

Their automotive affection isn't egocentric. Louisville is one of those American cities where rural and urban tribes enthusiastically dance to country music. There is a willingness to live and let live, as evidenced by the various celebrations surrounding Derby Day.

The aristocrats -- real and wishful... Read More