Read or write a review.

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe

Change Year
Average based on 5 reviews

The best vehicle on the road.

by from Granby, Ct. on January 10, 2009

This Tahoe is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have owned 55 General Motors vehicles over the last 48 years including a 1989 Suburban with 508,000 mi on the original engine which still runs excellent. The 2000 Tahoe gets 22 mi. to the gal at 65 mph during the summer over the mountains of New York, PA. Maryland, W. Virginia and Ohio.

A Car That Satisfies All Needs in Town/Country

by from Edmond, OK on April 15, 2010

I love my Tahoe! I use it for hauling flowers, shrubs and saplings, peat moss, pavers, quickcrete and fertilizers. I use it to haul big items to the city dump. I camp inside it and it is totally self contained. If there was ever a threatening situation, all I would have to do is climb over the front seat and drive away. I love the sunroof. If I see something I want to take a picture of, I just roll back the sunroof, stand up and shoot film. The Tahoe is pretty enough (when washed) to drive to church or anywhere else. I can fit all my grandchildren (8) in it plus have room for all their gear. It has a luggage rack on top and can carry extra cargo. The Tahoe has great pick up power when accelerating to enter a highway. It is very reliable, easy to keep clean, and is easy to get in to with a running board to stand on and two handles to grab on to for assistance. The air conditioner keeps the entire interior space cool with the extra vents for the rear space keeping the people in the back as cool as the people riding in the front seat. The sound system is good enough that I don't feel the need for an upgrade. I can easily pull a trailer with no particular strain on the engine. It has a lot of power but the gas mileage suffers for it. It's worth it though, to drive a versatile. comfortabl SUV like the Tahoe!

most car for the money we have ever owned

by from Danville, Ga on January 2, 2012

No problems. Has over 200,000 miles. will probably buy another one. My wife likes the truck styling.

Z71

by from seattle, wa on October 12, 2011

i own the rare Z71 model with the older body style. overall its a great truck on the road as well as off the road. the push button 4 wheel drive is something to be desired though. the elelctrical compnents arent the most reliable ive seen but the powertrain is the best in its class. it has decent towing capabilities but could be better. nice rugged styling with the brushguard and side steps from the factory as well as fog lights, body colored bumpers and grille. great roomy interior although i wish this model came with 3rd row seating. only if they had made a z71 suburban in this body style. overall im very happy with my purchase

One of the Most reliable Trucks I've ever owned.

by from Manorville, New York on November 28, 2012

I bought this truck over a year and a half ago and it was in great condition. She's an early 2000(4 square headlights) Z71 with all the options that were given for that year(leather interior, auto 4-wheel drive,driving lights,Chevy chrome wheels with lug covers, a front brush guard). It has only 127k on it and it still rides smooth. The only minor repairs that it needed were brake pads and sway bar links and I had a qualified professional shop take care of it. I use synthetic oil and it gets changed every 3 to 4000 miles.

Our Expert Review: 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe