2000 Tahoe

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe

Have You Driven the 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe?

A Car That Satisfies All Needs in Town/Country

by Sasquatch Sue from Edmond, OK on Thu Apr 15 2010

I love my Tahoe! I use it for hauling flowers, shrubs and saplings, peat moss, pavers, quickcrete and fertilizers. I use it to haul big items to the city dump. I camp inside it and it is totally self contained. If there was ever a threatening situation, all I would have to do is climb over the front seat and drive away. I love the sunroof. If I see something I want to take a picture of, I just roll back the sunroof, stand up and shoot film. The Tahoe is pretty enough (when washed) to drive to church or anywhere else. I can fit all my grandchildren (8) in it plus have room for all their gear. It has a luggage rack on top and can carry extra cargo. The Tahoe has great pick up power when accelerating to enter a highway. It is very reliable, easy to keep clean, and is easy to get in to with a running board to stand on and two handles to grab on to for assistance. The air conditioner keeps the entire interior space cool with the extra vents for the rear space keeping the people in the back as cool as the people riding in the front seat. The sound system is good enough that I don't feel the need for an upgrade. I can easily pull a trailer with no particular strain on the engine. It has a lot of power but the gas mileage suffers for it. It's worth it though, to drive a versatile. comfortabl SUV like the Tahoe!

The best vehicle on the road.

by Lenny from Granby, Ct. on Sat Jan 10 2009

This Tahoe is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have owned 55 General Motors vehicles over the last 48 years including a 1989 Suburban with 508,000 mi on the original engine which still runs excellent. The 2000 Tahoe gets 22 mi. to the gal at 65 mph during the summer over the mountains of New York, PA. Maryland, W. Virginia and Ohio.

most car for the money we have ever owned

by speedy from Danville, Ga on Mon Jan 02 2012

No problems. Has over 200,000 miles. will probably buy another one. My wife likes the truck styling.

One of the Most reliable Trucks I've ever owned.

by SUV Owner from Manorville, New York on Wed Nov 28 2012

I bought this truck over a year and a half ago and it was in great condition. She's an early 2000(4 square headlights) Z71 with all the options that were given for that year(leather interior, auto 4-wheel drive,driving lights,Chevy chrome wheels with lug covers, a front brush guard). It has only 127k on it and it still rides smooth. The only minor repairs that it needed were brake pads and sway bar links and I had a qualified professional shop take care of it. I use synthetic oil and it gets changed every 3 to 4000 miles.

Great car for the price!

by Brians from middleville, mi on Tue Apr 18 2017

Great price! We came in with a figure in mind and what we needed for our family. This Tahoe fit our expectations and more. The price was great but the overall appearance of the Tahoe was great as well.

Z71

by 4X4 guy from seattle, wa on Wed Oct 12 2011

i own the rare Z71 model with the older body style. overall its a great truck on the road as well as off the road. the push button 4 wheel drive is something to be desired though. the elelctrical compnents arent the most reliable ive seen but the powertrain is the best in its class. it has decent towing capabilities but could be better. nice rugged styling with the brushguard and side steps from the factory as well as fog lights, body colored bumpers and grille. great roomy interior although i wish this model came with 3rd row seating. only if they had made a z71 suburban in this body style. overall im very happy with my purchase

Keeps on going.

by baird_hibbs on Tue Jul 11 2017

My husband bought this when he was working in Georgia about 7 years ago. He then drove it all the way home to Montana while hauling a trailer. It just kept on going. While we have had some small issues, like the interior front door handles breaking off, it's engine has held strong. It climbs the mountains with ease and traverses the highway smoothly.

Most reliable truck all around

by Jamesss from Indianapolis Indiana on Fri Aug 10 2018

Excellent truck runs and drive superior!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great all around truck still have all original body and all classic made 18yrs ago and still runs excellent

Very Happy with my purchase

by Heavychevyz71 from Logan, Ut on Fri Oct 06 2017

Z71 package 4X4 will be great for all my needs rain sleet or snow. Canyon trails and mountain climbs here I come.

Uses car for Off-roading

My all time favorite truck.

by BigJav from Newark on Fri May 04 2018

I completely love this truck. I will be a Heavy Chevy driver from now on! It is stylish, and rugged st the same time. I am very hard on my trucks and this one lives up to the reputation.

1 2

Our Take on the 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe

TELLURIDE, Colo.--My driving partner and I decided that Ophir Pass should be called No Fear Pass after we successfully shepherded a 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe across its narrow rocky road more than 11,000 feet up in the San Juan Mountains.

On a normal day this trail isn't all that tough, but descending the west side's rocky shelf in a steady drizzle and fog as dense as skim milk did give us momentary pause when we considered that putting a wheel amiss could result in a consequence we didn't really want to contemplate.

Antics like this are hardly the usual fare for Suburbans and Tahoes, but Chevrolet has a truck reputation to protect and it was important to demonstrate that the 2000 Suburban and... Read More