2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

Great SUV

by from 55359 on April 4, 2010

We have the LT model, now with over 108,000 miles. It has been a very reliable vehicle and has done absolutely everything we have asked of it. It is a rare event to be in the shop for a repair. Great for towing, easy enough to park, and great flexibility with the removable 3rd row seats. Just put on a new set of Mich LTX MS and she rides comfortable and quietly. It is also E85 compatible, which we buy maybe 10-20% of the time. The only thing that is a bit of a drawback is the MPG.

Comfortable Ride

by from Deer Park, TX on November 19, 2010

I won't complain about the gas mileage because you know what you're getting when you buy a bigger truck. Overall, it's a 10/10 for what I use it for.

Best Seats of ANY vehicle

by from Wyoming, Michigan on September 12, 2007

I have problems with my back and neck, and was really looking for an SUV with comfortable seats. I drove just about every brand of vehicle including Jeep, Volvo, Land Rover, BMW, and Mercedes. I finally settled on a Chevy Tahoe. The leather seats are incredibly comfortable, and the ride is extremely smooth. The Tahoe is also very easy to steer and handle. The whole family loves it. Everyone is comfortable (even in the huge back seats), and the ride is so peaceful that my passengers frequently end up snoozing.

This Car ROCKS!

by from Cincinnati, OH on October 26, 2011

Bought this used with 136,000 miles in August, 2011 for just $5,900. After an oil change and 4 new tires, this car runs great and is SO confortable to ride. Turns on a dime. I'm using to pull a Crownline boat and does great at that job. Mine has the big V8 and Z71 package. At my hypermiling best I have gotten 22mpg, but you have to get to a reasonable speed (70mph) and maintain it. Look out when city driving (14.5mpg) or pulling a boat (afraid to calculate). Bottom Line: Looks like a 2012 at 1/9th the price. HAPPY.

Uses car for Towing

Best Car I've ever owned

by from Ann Arbor, MI on August 26, 2013

Bought mine used with low mileage in '03. LS model with the big flex fuel engine. I have 250,000+ miles on it, and it runs like it's brand new, Only major non routine work has been the water pump, and power steering pump. This thing has made countless drives over 600 Miles, and commutes to and from work, and is still running strong. The gas mileage is terrible of course, but with the life I have gotten out of it, I don't even care.

Most reliable and best automobile I've ever owned

by from San Diego, CA. on February 15, 2007

With four children always engaged in activities and myself as well everyone teased that I was indeed the picture of a Minni Van ad. No offense to those who love them, they are quite niffty and a respectful nod to all my friends who own them. I wanted more and I needed more! The 2002 Tahoe I purchased two years ago now carries 97,000 mile and still going strong. I keep up regular maintanence and have had no problems ever! I live in the mountains and incounter some mild off road issues and seasonal weather. I always feel safe and comfortable, not to mention stylish! Our family of seven fits comfortably and we often have extra passangers without any problems. I have a third row seat and when filled to capacity storage is a bit of an issue. Compared to my friend's Escalade my Tahoe is in the same class. It's smooth, easy to handle, comfortable, tough like the truck it is, classy like a car, and is not the typical box on wheels. Let's face it Gm, Chevy, Cadillac What's the basic difference? I've owned all three and my 2002 Tahoe is one nice ride! I wanted the biggest SUV I could get but, for the price, fuel economy, safety, and reliability this purchase was just the best choice for my family and I would purchase another!

BEST EVER

by from ILLINOIS on March 12, 2011

BRAND NEW TRUCK IN 2002 HAS 72000 MILES AND NOT ONE PROBLEM, VERY CONFORTABLE RIDE, I'M AMAZED WITH THE TAHOE, NOT A PROBLEM AND READY FOR ANOTRHER 100,000 MILES AT LEAST

LOVE IT

by from Denver on April 20, 2012

Very comfortable, reliable, awesome in snow and very rugged. Hold their value and even with higher miles, they still run and handle like a new car! Would buy a Tahoe again in a heartbeat!!

BEST VEHICLE I EVER OWNED

by from AURORA ILLINOIS on August 27, 2008

I PURCHASED BRAND NEW AND I HAD NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM.IT RIDES LIKE A BRAND NEW,. IT HAS 47000 MILES AND THE BRAKES STILL THE ORIGINALS I LOVE IT

the best

by from ill on March 12, 2009

the best car I have ever owned.comfort, smooth ride, drive, performance, handling, features, reliability are excellent.

Similar Models