2002 Tahoe

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

Have You Driven the 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe?

Great SUV

by southshore from 55359 on Sun Apr 04 2010

We have the LT model, now with over 108,000 miles. It has been a very reliable vehicle and has done absolutely everything we have asked of it. It is a rare event to be in the shop for a repair. Great for towing, easy enough to park, and great flexibility with the removable 3rd row seats. Just put on a new set of Mich LTX MS and she rides comfortable and quietly. It is also E85 compatible, which we buy maybe 10-20% of the time. The only thing that is a bit of a drawback is the MPG.

Best Seats of ANY vehicle

by Driving Chevy Again after 20 years from Wyoming, Michigan on Wed Sep 12 2007

I have problems with my back and neck, and was really looking for an SUV with comfortable seats. I drove just about every brand of vehicle including Jeep, Volvo, Land Rover, BMW, and Mercedes. I finally settled on a Chevy Tahoe. The leather seats are incredibly comfortable, and the ride is extremely smooth. The Tahoe is also very easy to steer and handle. The whole family loves it. Everyone is comfortable (even in the huge back seats), and the ride is so peaceful that my passengers frequently end up snoozing.

Best Car I've ever owned

by lkrasner from Ann Arbor, MI on Mon Aug 26 2013

Bought mine used with low mileage in '03. LS model with the big flex fuel engine. I have 250,000+ miles on it, and it runs like it's brand new, Only major non routine work has been the water pump, and power steering pump. This thing has made countless drives over 600 Miles, and commutes to and from work, and is still running strong. The gas mileage is terrible of course, but with the life I have gotten out of it, I don't even care.

Comfortable Ride

by OhioState98 from Deer Park, TX on Fri Nov 19 2010

I won't complain about the gas mileage because you know what you're getting when you buy a bigger truck. Overall, it's a 10/10 for what I use it for.

This Car ROCKS!

by Kiddo in Cincinnati from Cincinnati, OH on Wed Oct 26 2011

Bought this used with 136,000 miles in August, 2011 for just $5,900. After an oil change and 4 new tires, this car runs great and is SO confortable to ride. Turns on a dime. I'm using to pull a Crownline boat and does great at that job. Mine has the big V8 and Z71 package. At my hypermiling best I have gotten 22mpg, but you have to get to a reasonable speed (70mph) and maintain it. Look out when city driving (14.5mpg) or pulling a boat (afraid to calculate). Bottom Line: Looks like a 2012 at 1/9th the price. HAPPY.

Uses car for Towing

Most reliable and best automobile I've ever owned

by Mini Van Rebel Typical Soccer Mom 4 Kids in Tow from San Diego, CA. on Thu Feb 15 2007

With four children always engaged in activities and myself as well everyone teased that I was indeed the picture of a Minni Van ad. No offense to those who love them, they are quite niffty and a respectful nod to all my friends who own them. I wanted more and I needed more! The 2002 Tahoe I purchased two years ago now carries 97,000 mile and still going strong. I keep up regular maintanence and have had no problems ever! I live in the mountains and incounter some mild off road issues and seasonal weather. I always feel safe and comfortable, not to mention stylish! Our family of seven fits comfortably and we often have extra passangers without any problems. I have a third row seat and when filled to capacity storage is a bit of an issue. Compared to my friend's Escalade my Tahoe is in the same class. It's smooth, easy to handle, comfortable, tough like the truck it is, classy like a car, and is not the typical box on wheels. Let's face it Gm, Chevy, Cadillac What's the basic difference? I've owned all three and my 2002 Tahoe is one nice ride! I wanted the biggest SUV I could get but, for the price, fuel economy, safety, and reliability this purchase was just the best choice for my family and I would purchase another!

LOVE IT

by Tahoes are for grown ups! from Denver on Fri Apr 20 2012

Very comfortable, reliable, awesome in snow and very rugged. Hold their value and even with higher miles, they still run and handle like a new car! Would buy a Tahoe again in a heartbeat!!

Reliable, Comfortable, and Fabulous

by MaggieT from Kalispell, MT on Wed Apr 18 2018

When I bought my used 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe in like-new condition, I knew I had found a gem. The leather interior is beautiful and the vehicle is spacious and comfortable. I have enough cargo space for most of my needs. If you've got a family and the seats are filled to capacity you might be lacking in cargo space if you're camping, though. I love the heated seats in my Tahoe, and the sun roof is a nice feature in the summer. The truck performs well in snow, mud, and on ice. It handles and accelerates very smoothly. One of my very few complaints about the Tahoe is that there is a slight lack of visibility through the windshield. Overall it's a very nice vehicle.

Best vehicle Ive owned

by Goochman from DC on Wed Dec 20 2006

We almost got a Sequoia since we liked the interior better - however, not 8K more than we paid for our LT Tahoe. 5 years later and we like the Tahoe better - it is the most comfortable vehicle Ive ever been in - When gas prices were high we looked at minivans but the seats in the Tahoe kept us from making any change. No issues and 95K miles - Runs great - holds everything - tows almost anything - looks great. Only thing we'd changed is the removeable 3rd row - if that folded flat it would be perfect. Gas mileage is ~14-15 around town and 17 on the highway.

Lovelovelove it

by Austin,TxTahoe from Austin, Tx on Thu Jul 07 2011

We've had this car for almost seven years now. It has almost 200,000 miles on it and we've NEVER had one problem with it. Most reliable and comfortable car I've ever driven.

1 2 3 4