2003 Tahoe

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe

Have you driven the 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe?

Never turning away.

by Suv lover from Vergennes, VT on Tue Nov 08 2011

Chevy Tahoe?s are amazing vehicles. They will pull as much as a normal 1500 Chevy, with a 5.3L V8 my truck has plenty or pep and performance for racers and sporty people. It is also strong and roomy great for a work vehicle, and a farm vehicle. Including folding down seats that lay flat will leave 6 feet of room for anything. and with the option of a 3rd row seat it can fit up to 9 people if you have a bench seat in the front. 8 people with the capton chair. This vehicle is also very sharp looking! Nothing like a minivan for the people that refuse the soccer mom look. The only down side to this amazing vehicle is the fuel mileage. I am getting 14.8. But there are ways to improve that. So you can get at least 17 mpg.

Love my Tahoe

by busymomof5 from Burnet TX on Fri Jun 03 2011

I have an 03 Tahoe, and really the only 2 complaints I have is the cd changer went out in it full of cd's. and the gas mileage. It cools off quickly, handles nicely and very comfy. I have owned it for a yr and half and it has never left me stranded.

Most comfortable vehicle...

by MajorHardin from Tyler, TX on Thu Dec 02 2010

The 2003 Tahoe Z71 I owned for 8 years was the best riding, quietest vehicle I ever owned. Not the fastest compared to a Z28 Camero, but it was really fast and would get up and go when you needed to merge onto the interstate. Heated leather seats and the suspension made it ride like a limo. All controls within easy reach. Fold down rear seats made it extrememly versatile. Purchased as a work vehicle for phamaceutical sales, it was perfect and beat the heck out of a typical Taurus for a company car. I miss it!

Great SUV

by CarGuy97 from Milledgeville, GA on Sun Nov 20 2011

Have the LT with leather seats. Power drivers seat doesn't work at all. Dash and radio buttons are peeling. Very reliable truck with over 250,000 miles and still running strong. Optional Bose system is great.

Hit the highway and drive till you run out of gas

by Rick NJ from Toms River,NJ on Fri Nov 10 2006

A 2002 Tahoe LT was my baby. I sold it and miss it terribly. After 4 months of owning a brand new 2006 Ford Explorer E Bauer I can't wait to get back into another Tahoe.

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS (Summit White)

by Shena - Miss Tahoe :) from Fairborn, OH on Mon Jul 09 2012

I absolutely LOVE my 2003 Tahoe! The Tahoe has all the room I need, extremely nice ride (not like you're sitting in a box on wheels hearing all the road noise, etc.) it makes me feel safe on the road. Love the 4 wheel drive option. The maneuverability is great, the turning radius is great, Handling overall is excellent for a vehicle of this size. Power is awsome (5.3 V8) you can pull out into busy traffic with confidence, not sluggish at all. Has all the power you need. Overall quality is very good, if not excellent. I love the leather and the Bose stereo --really makes it a classy truck that can get muddy and go out to dinner all in the same day. In sum, IF you are looking for a go-anywhere, take-anything and just about anyone you want with you vehicle that will be a pleasure to drive on road and off, this may be the vehicle for you. It is not cheap, and it is not "green". However, for me, and many others, it is an excellent choice in today's market. Hopefully the mileage and emissions will be improved in the coming years.

Best Buy Ever!

by Tahoe Lover from New Hampshire on Fri Nov 23 2007

I have had this Tahoe for 5 years now! I usually don't like to keep it for more than 3 years. I have never had a problem with it! It is a great car for the family. It''s big, spacious, and comfortable. The only thing I don't like is how the leather seats started to get these ugly lines after the first month. I would recommend getting the seats rewrapped before you trade it in or sell it. I'm going to have a really hard time trading it in. I highly recommend this vehicle!!!

Perfect SUV

by Loving my truck from Southern Cali on Fri Mar 15 2013

Just looking for something that could tow my quads and also have room for a couple families to ride in one vehicle. Decided on the Tahoe versus Nissan/Toyota/Honda. Its wide enough to see around my trailer, strong enough to pull it loaded, comfy enough to go for long trips. It had a couple of the common GM problems, like the guage cluster pegging the readings and tachometer was pegged at 7000rpm, and the 6 disc CD changer going bad. Easily fixed, and hopefully GM has fixed this in current models, but I wanted an older truck. They look classier. All in all, I am very pleased with my 03 Tahoe and glad I got it.

Love my ol girl

by Tahoe in Wa state from Spokane, Wa on Thu May 22 2014

Bought my 03 Tahoe ls base model used in 2007 with 90k miles. It is 4 wheel drive 5.3l flex fuel. I frequently tow 6.5k lb boat and recently tow 27ft trailer. My new trailer is little over 7k lb fully loaded. I have done a ton of mods to Tahoe and it just pulls better and better. No problems at all with engine or tranny, but I have done lots of preventive maint as anyone should. Have had recent issue with 4 wheel drive, had to replace multiple Spendy parts but well worth it. It has 128k on it now and most of those are towing miles. Love it to death... Never own anything but Tahoe again.

Uses car for Towing

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by Bev from Jax from Jacksonville Beach on Sun Oct 22 2017

I bought this car new in 2003. I plan to drive it 3 years and buy a new car. 14 years later I still have it and love it. It has 175,000 miles on it and still going strong. I've had no major problems just normal maintenance. My only complaint is the CD changer it just stopped one day and hasn't worked since. If you're looking for a good used car the 2003 Chevy Tahoe is a great choice.

1 2 3 4 5