2001 Chevrolet Tracker consumer reviews

$15,435–$20,750 MSRP range
side view of 2001 Tracker Chevrolet
Explore the 2001 Chevrolet Tracker

01 Chevy Tracker is a good value for an SUV

The (99-04 ) 4 cyl Tracker is a reliable small SUV that does not need lots of expensive work. 2 things to watch for (if you plan to buy one) is Rust on the lower side running boards.. typical for many of them. and Idle that drifts up and down (500/900rpms) when sitting in drive at a stop light. But, with those 2 things in mind.. I loved my tracker... with good snow type tires... it goes like a tank in winter snow. MTC in Illinois

3.9

Good, Cute Car

Medium sized SUV with low mileage. Good deal. Wish it had automatic windows and power locks. cute exterior

3.1

fun suv but....

My wife and I both owened the 2 door Trackers. They're super fun to drive because of the height and have great visibility. But, we were rear-ended on a freeway and knocked into the ditch area between the north bound and south bound traffic. We rolled over twice and ended up crawling out through the windshield. The problem is the weelbase isn't long enough to make it a stable vehicle. We wish Chevy would have just re- designed it safer and made some other design improvements. If you get one... Please Buckle UP!

4.4

Good City Car

This little mini SUV is a great city car. The visibilty is great in rainy weather even at freeway speeds. The smaller size makes it easy to park in the city. It is rugged enough to go camping or skiing in the mountains. I really have enjoyed owning this vehicle.

4.0

The best small 4x4 Overall

I purchased Chey's Tracker 4x4 in the fall of 2001. It has the 4 cycliner engine and 4 speed automatic. After purchase privacy glass, brushed aluminum 15" wheels and sound proofing. Every summer I drive from Southwestern Ontario, across up state New York, Maine, New Brunswick to my destination in Prince Edward Island. It has over 150,000 kms. without any problems; even the optional Michelin Tires are still OK. I've climbed some very high peaks and cruised along with the flow of traffic on the New York Turnpike. This is one rugged little ute that has never received a fair review!