2002 Tracker

2002 Chevrolet Tracker

$540 - $9,056  MSRP Range
2002 Chevrolet Tracker

Have You Driven the 2002 Chevrolet Tracker?

For Sure, It's a Cute Ute with Power !

by Kat Lady from Jackson, MI on Sun Mar 25 2007

I've often wondered why Chevy quit making the Tracker. It handles well, is good on gas, good on the eyes, and good on the wallet. This was one of the two Chevy cars I have purchased twice - The Tracker ( '96 and '02) , and the Chevette ( '72 and '79 ). The first Tracker I had was great in all areas, but was boxy and swayed terribly on the highway in crosswinds. It scared me. As soon as I completed my move from AZ to MI, I traded it in for another Chevy car. After several other cars later, I am back to the Tracker. I am happy to discover that the newer Tracker is much better on the highway - not much of a sway in the crosswinds now, and the dash is more readable and driver friendly. The cruise control is very easy to use and the sound system is great. In comparision to other cute utes that are also 4 by 4 compariable, the price can't be beat as other brand small SUV's are priced considerably higher. Over all, I would give the Tracker a 4.5 out of a 5.

Very Reliable

by Rich from Long Island NY on Thu Dec 18 2008

Have owned my 2002 4 door tracker for 5 years,and have put 120,000 miles on it with no repairs except maintenance,brakes tune- up,tires.Recomend highly.

love it!

by tracker with tracks from Little Rock, Ar on Fri Nov 27 2009

I wanted one in high school and got it 8 years later. I absolutely love this car and have no plans on getting rid of it. Other than the typical chevy O2 sensor going out, I have had no problems with this car; only had to do maintenance to keep it running smooth. This thing has gone every where with me and I have plans on taking it every where else, it's a shame chevy cut it out of the line but continued the suzuki step brother.

Gas saver

by Muscle cars from California, Highland on Fri Aug 15 2008

It is a very confortable city car and easy to handle, gas saver and I can park on any parking lot, also the space on the back is very big for the size of the car.

Most reliable car I've owned

by luvmytrkr from Washington on Mon Oct 14 2013

The car runs great. I love the interior and it's great on gas! Very important these days. It has a lot of space in the back but not so big that it's a big truck. Love it!

Very Reliable, Gas Saver, and Fun. I have 2!

by Dave from South Carolina on Tue Dec 11 2007

I highly recommend the 2 door trackers. I have two trackers. My sons learned to drive with the tracker. I have never had any problems with them at all. They just keep on going. One has 200K and the other has 65K. Very fun with top down. The Jeeps and Trucks get stuck and I drive by and laugh. The tracker is also a very good tower and farm truck. I added a tray on the back and I can put feed and water on tray and carry it out to animals. Buy one and you will be pleased.

fun little truck

by SD_Jim from Lubbock, Tx on Thu Jun 07 2007

I got a 2002 in '03. I would have to say the biggest problem with the Tracker was Chevy not promoting it like Honda did the CRV. I was originally looking at the CRV but decided on the tracker. the only problem I found is the 4 cylinder doesn't pull much. I am looking for another and unluckily Chevy dropped the Tracker from production, I am now considering a used Tracker.

Well traveled Tracker

by Well traveled Tracker from Moorhead, MN on Tue Feb 28 2012

We have a 2000 model. We bought it while we were down in Texas. The Vehicle was originally purchased in North Dakota. We now live in Minnesota. This little SUV goes through almost anything, it's never been stuck. Ours doesn't have a freeze plug heater but has started every morning without hesitation. In the extreme cold temps I would recommend a hard top. So far the only problems we've had are the rear main seal has gone out and the heat shield for the catalytic converter rattles, both of which can be contributed to having been along the Gulf Coast with the salt in the air.

Track Attack

by FrankieQd from Northeast on Fri Dec 08 2017

I purchased my 2002 Tracker ZR2 4 door V6 used with 80k miles. I owned it for more than 2 years without issue. Its a solid little 4x4 that does everything I needed it to do. Nimble fun simple driving SUV. Not a lot of bells and whistles, but gets the job done. It is built on a truck (ladder) chassis unlike the CRV and Rav4 which are car chassis based vehicles. Very tough and will get you off road in a hurry with on-the -fly 4 wheel drive. It was inexpensive to buy and routine maintenance kept it going without fail. Only reason I got rid of it was to get something a little bigger. Will miss the Track Attack

Track Attack