2003 Tracker

2003 Chevrolet Tracker

2003 Chevrolet Tracker

4.4

Have You Driven the 2003 Chevrolet Tracker?

I LOVE my Tracker!!!

by Nicole :-) from TN on Sun Oct 18 2009

I've had my 2003 Chevy Tracker for over 3 years, and I have never had a problem. My husband is 6'6" and I am 5' and we both ride comfortably. Our huskey has plenty of room in the back as well. We frequently travel from Florida to Indiana and back again, and my car has seen all kinds of whether. I love it, have had zero issues with any part of it, and have even taken it off-roading in TN. I would highly, highly recommend the Chevy Tracker to anyone as it is easy and comfortable to drive and has never given me any issue.

2003 chevy Tracker

by r0b from Saskatchewan on Thu Aug 20 2009

Good gas miledge lots of head room Back seat is good for kids but cramped for adults. has enough power (4 cyl. 2.0L) I like the fold down rear seats for cargo space, and the solid feel on the road. It starts at -40 without plugging in. The 4 wheel drive and tight turn radius is great for parking and exploring. Good visibility and easy interior functions. They are kind of cheaply built if you treat it rough, but easy to fix. I used to drive a 7 passenger van, but I am glad I bought this Tracker. I got it used with 200,000 kms. Too bad they quit making them...

I LOVED THE 1ST ONE SO MUCH, I BOUGHT A SECOND ONE

by Ms Matics from Chicago, IL on Fri Oct 10 2008

I had the 1995 Geo Tracker which I kept until 2004 when the transmission went out. I turned around and bought the 2003 Chevy Tracker and loved it even more! The Geo model was a 4 cylinder, and the Chevy is a 6 cylinder, but I don't care about the difference in gas. My friends always tease me about the fact that I have had the same type of car for the past 13 years; but once they ride in it they realize why. The car gets me to everywhere I want to go. I usually don't have more than 4 people in the car at a time, but when I do, the 5th person always says that they are comfortable as well. I am only 5'2 and though the truck is compact, all of my larger/taller friends have been able to ride in it. Of course probably not as comfortably, but the car is mine, not theirs, so they understand. I would definitely recommend this car to my friends. The only issue I have had with the newer one is that the air compressor started having problems. Even though I have had that issue for the past 2 years, the air conditioning still gets cold. There is some noise, but it still works. Incidentally the ?95 Geo is still running! I gave it to my uncle (a mechanic) when I bought the newer one. He says he loves the little convertible feature and drives it often. He recently told me that people leave notes on the car asking if he wants to sell it. He laughed and said he throws the notes away; he is not in the market for selling his car.

Best little 4x4 around

by dee from Charleston, WV on Tue Jan 27 2009

I love my tracker!! Actually, my husband and I own 2 ('99 & '03) We had a third for off-road use before we moved into town. They have all been very reliable and comfortable. Don't feel like I'm in a huge vehicle but have the 4 wheel drive to handle bad road conditions. Sorry they quit making them- guess we'll have to go to Suzuki when these die.

2002 Tracker with V6

by badjrmo from Phx AZ on Wed May 21 2008

I get 22 mpg city and 27-33 mpg highway. Good little SUV. The only thing I wish it had was 4 wheel drive. If my wife's car fails I will get a 2002-03 tracker in 4x4 so we have it covered in 2 vehicles. If you are over 6 feet 1 inches tall it may be too small for you.

Lo veLoveLove My Tracker

by TrackerLover from Key West, Fl on Mon May 06 2013

I bought a used 2003 Tracker to replace my 1990 Tracker, (the 1990 was still running perfectly but had a rusted out floor board after salt water flooding) I have never owned a better vehicle. I personally get an average of 32mpg using the AC.

Rugged, multi purpose, economical, and reliable.

by Outdoorsman from North West on Wed Jun 24 2015

I live in snow country so the 4 wheel drive makes it safer in the winter. The 2 liter engine gets over 20 mpg and is very spunky. The Tracker gets up to freeway speed quickly and effortlessly. Also I drive to hiking over undeveloped roads, if any. The Tracker has 4 wheel drive low and a rugged drive train to make those outings worry free. This is the perfect vehicle for me.

most reliable car i've owned

by sam from ny, ny on Tue Apr 03 2007

i wouldn't trade this car for the world, it handles great and good for both short and long distance travel. i get compliments on its comfort and roomieness all the time-people are surprised due to the small appearence of the car.

UNDER RATED VEHICLE- SO ITS A GREAT BUY!

by Rick from Ohio on Sat May 20 2006

Dont believe all the reviews for this vehicle. First of all..I have a 2003 ZR2 Convertible I bought used..with low mileage. I thought it would get mediocre gas mileage. Well..guess what..Im getting 30mpg on the freeway at 65 mph! The epa figures are wrong, and my tracker is a 4cyl 4 wheel drive. Incredible! Rear seat room is a bit tight...but still good enough for 2 people. 4 wheel drive is excellent..with 2 different ranges. This is a FULL FRAME vehicle..a little brute that can make pizza out of a uni-body Rav4 or any of the other unibody mini suv's out there. Dont expect a cadillac ride..but its perfectly fine on the road and freeway. The reliability of this vehicle is great..right up there with Toyota. The seats are VERY comfortable..with fold down armrests for EACH front seat. All in all..this vehicle is great..especially for the money. Thats why I just bought another! Where else can you buy a low mileage little 4 wheel drive brute with low mileage for around 10000 dollars? No where..!!

Chevrolet Trackers utility

by Nprecon from Muncie, Indiana on Tue Jun 30 2009

I have owned five Trackers to date, two of the pre-99 models and three of the latter models. I've owned both auto and maunal transmission models equipped with either the 1.6 Liter or 2 Liter engines. My preference is the 2 Liter engine for the added horsepower and simplicity of maintenace. I have enjoyed the pure utility of these little trucks as well as their versatility. They clean up nicely and fit in well for almost any function/occasion but they are also extremely capable and at home in the snow, mud and off-road as well. With the #1500 towing capacity of the four door models you can easily pull utility trailers loaded with a yard of mulch, stones, garden tractors, or gardening debris. This gives you the versatilty of a small pick-up truck. All of my trucks have been highly reliable and collectively I have driven over half a million miles in these vehicles. I am saddened Chevy decided to drop this line and I suppose I will have to go with a Suzuki GV when my current two Trackers finally give up the ghost. These trucks are a great value for the money.

1 2