Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2006 TrailBlazer

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

$615 - $12,055  MSRP Range
2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer?

So far...so good

by WHJEK from Shawnee, Kansas on Mon Nov 28 2011

Purchased my 2006 Trailblazer about 3 months ago. The vehicle had about 65,000 and I have put about 8000 on the vehicle since purchase. I get about 16 mpg mixed city driving, and about 21 on the highway. Have not had the chance to try out in snow yet, but with 4wd, should not be an issue. Vehicle has an excellent ride, and have had no issues at all. I was a bit shocked to find out the engine holds 7 quarts of oil!!!!, but having so much oil, it should help the engine last a long time.

2006 Trailblazer with High Miles

by John in Ohio from Pittsburgh,PA on Mon Feb 09 2015

Just got a 2006 Trailblazer with 176,000. This SUV is in great shape. I've had one before & liked it so I have been looking for a CLEAN one. Took a couple of months of looking but, I am happy with what I got. Definitely well taken care of. Only problem is the fuel guage is not accurate. This is a problem with Blazers &Trailblazers. I keep my vehicles a long time. My last Blazer had 376,000 miles & it ran great...just rust & oil leaks.LOVE THE COMFORT...leather & heated seats.

Chevy Trailblazer LS '06 > good so far

by mdwebneck from DC Metro in MD on Fri Apr 30 2010

I had been driving a 94 Cherokee Sport for >11 yrs prior to this purchase, but was needing more legroom for longer rides and the TB was the only truck model SUV that had the legroom I was looking for. Having been used to a 'no-frills' SUV for so many yrs, I'm still getting used to all the electronic controls that came std in this truck. {will report later on that whether it is my learning curve or if it really is a delay in the electronic vs mechanical controls} The one thing I was slightly worried about before the purchase was the handling compared to my (turn on a dime with a nickel change) Cherokee, but have done a few U-turns in pretty tight situations and have likewise had ample opportunity to back-in and parallel park without any horrible blind spot issues (the TB sits up a bit higher, so I sometimes have to adj the mirror down to see the lines, but I'll get over that) I drive to work on an Interstate for most of my commute, but the speeds traveled are seldom hwy speeds, so consider my MPG as a urban/hwy blend and am getting between 17-18mpg. The Cherokee was a bit faster off the blocks, but the TB reaches a higher top end, so smoothly, I have to be careful about exceeding the speed limit. *** I've only had this truck for six weeks, so may chime in later with an update, but am certainly pleased with my purchase thus far.

great for camping and everyday use

by NYS Campers! from Orange County, NY on Tue Apr 26 2011

This SUV is great for camping! It can fit lots of camping gear in the back (with or without the seats folded down). It can carry 2 kayaks on the top and 2 bikes on the back. It also has a hitch to pull a camper or boat! When you are not camping it is great for everyday use. It is easy to drive and park. It isn't as good on gas as a car but better than a larger truck. It is a SUV that can be a truck or car...whatever you want it to be! My final advice is to go for the model with the sunroof and power seats!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Trailblazer Review

by SUV Mom from Cincinnati, OH on Tue Apr 03 2012

I have owned quite a few SUV's over the years, and this one is my favorite! I LOVE my Trailblazer. The only reason I am considering trading it in is because we need a vehicle with a third row. We have a big dog that needs room in the back for lots of car rides, and we need the extra seating for trips with the kids and grandparents, or kids with friends. Love having 4 wheel drive when I need it. Has been very reliable and served us well. I will miss it!

2007 chevy trailblazer

by lookin4bigfoot from Erie PA. on Tue Feb 08 2011

I have owned my 2007 chevy traiblazer for about 4 months now. Iam very impressed with the stabilitrack feature which gives great handling in the ice and snow. The on-star technology with hands free calling is state of the art, and very convenent. The sound system is top quality as well. The most impressive thing about this vehicle, is how smooth and quiet it rides while doing 75 mph. on the open highway ! It is without question the best vehicle I have ever owned !!! Kudos to cars.com for all the great information provided.

2007 chevy trailblazer

by lookin4bigfoot from Erie PA. on Thu Jan 06 2011

I have owned my trailblazer for about 2 months now.It has to be the smoothest quietest vehicle I have ever driven! Iam very impressed with the on-star technology and hands free calling. The stabilitrack feature gives great traction and control on the snow and ice. Without question the best vehicle I have ever driven !!!

Excellent Purchase!!!

by Giving Chevy Another Chance from Cornish, Me on Sun Nov 26 2006

I purchased my 2006 Trailblazer 5 weeks ago - it was brand new - I'm averaging about 18 miles per gallon - not the greatest but I can overlook that with all the other bonus features with this truck. What a ride. I'm so proud to own this vehicle. I would highly recommend this vehicle. I was unsure if I would get another Chevy after a recent bad experience with Chevy's new Equinox.

Trailblazer Enthusiast

by Excellent Machine from Massachusetts on Sun Sep 21 2014

I own a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer LT, and a 2006 Trailblazer LT. I have put 158,000 miles on my 02 and not a single problem (except regular checks/tuneups) so then i bought another Trailblazer, 2 tone tan and maroon with beautiful tan leather seats. I love everything about this car; however, i wish power lift gate was available!

Chevrolet Trailblazer 06

by Sports Car and SUV Enthusiast and Dealership Owner from Denver, Co on Wed Jul 12 2006

I just got my Trailblazer LTZ a month ago. I have had work completed on it and it puts out 390 horsepower. It runs great and the I-6 has more potential power than the V-8 model. One of the best kept secrets of the SUV world and a great buy from Chevrolet. Better bang for the buck than a Tahoe LTZ

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

With gasoline prices hovering at $3 a gallon, this may not be the best time for Chevrolet to cram a big 6.0-liter V-8 engine into its midsize sport ute, but there's no denying that the TrailBlazer SS makes the trip from gas station to gas station pretty entertaining. We averaged 13.2 mpg. In a word: ouch.

Introduced in 2002, the TrailBlazer first was offered with a 4.2-liter six-cylinder, then a 5.3-liter V-8, and finally this 6.0-liter V-8, not that much different from the engine found in the Chevrolet Corvette and Pontiac GTO. It's mated to the beefy 4L70-E automatic transmission, which is just a four-speed, but with the kind of power this engine makes, the number of gears is academic.

The engine isn't... Read More