Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2008 TrailBlazer

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

$193 - $16,325  MSRP Range
2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

4.5

Have You Driven the 2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer?

Reliable, Comfortable, But MPG Not Ideal

by SUV Lady from Southern Illinois on Tue Oct 11 2011

Bought a used 2008 TrailBlazer LT which is a nice looking vehicle and easy to handle. Suits my passenger and cargo needs well and it is very comfortable on trips. However, I get only about 14 MPG with city driving and perhaps 20 on the open road. I was aware of the MPG range when I bought the vehicle and apparently the price, comfort and styling won me over. The gas mileage is my only real criticism. I do like the vehicle and appreciate its 4WD capability in Midwest winter weather.

2007 chevy trailblazer

by lookig4bigfoot from Erie Pa. on Thu Dec 16 2010

i have owned this vehidle for about 2 months and have been nothing but impressed with it ! The 4x4 stabilitrack feature gives great handling in the snow and ice.the bose sound system is top quality as well. I am very impressed with the way it handles on the freeway at 70mph. It seems like it just floats down the highway.The on-star tecnology is very convienent. Abosolitely the best vehicle I have ever owned!!!

lots of power

by birol from rochester ny on Thu Sep 18 2008

when i was shopping around for a suv i testdrived almost all midsize suvs for for this price and i ended up with the trailblazer lt.very powerfull and quiet. 4.2 liter ,285 hp

My 3rd and best SUV

by SUV Chevy 3 from Smyrna, GA on Fri Apr 16 2010

I've gone from the 2 door Blazer in 1989 to the 4 door model in 1998 to the 2008 Trailblazer. It is a significant improvement over previous models and appears to be wider and heavier with more solid handling and traction. I'm sorry Chevrolet chose to end it's mid-size SUV line in 2009.

Geat Mid-Size SUV

by Bill T from Faribult, Minnesota on Thu Jan 07 2010

Bought this truck new in 2002. It has been very reliable. No significant problems with the vehicle now with 108000 miles on it. Still runs like new. Everything works. Has required only routine maintanence. Best MPG is 22 at 75MPH cruising on the highway. Has the 4.2L six cylinder.

SS Favorite

by SS Fan from Arizona on Thu Apr 03 2008

this suv blew me away when i test drove the 2008. i also own a ss impala (2008). this suv is wonderful! loaded with power, fun, features. if you are getting a trailblazer go with the 3SS, or the 3LT. worth every penny!!!

Excellent SUV! Wish they still made them!

by ENRogers from North Carolina on Fri Feb 18 2011

I love my trailblazer. It is comfortable, fun to drive and has tons of power. The only thing I didn't like in the Trailblazer was the stock radio. I upgraded mine. The drivetrain on mine is the 5.3L and 2WD. It does fine in snow with the Stabilitrak feature. It rides nice and smooth down the road. VERY pleased with my Trailblazer. It's sad GM got rid of this line of vehicles. I hope to keep this for a long time since GM doesn't make a truck-based mid-sized SUV anymore.

Wish Chevy still made the TrailBlazer SS!

by DaytonaRick from Daytona Beach, FL on Tue May 15 2018

My 2008 TrailBlazer SS is an awesome truck. And that's part of why I like it: it IS a truck. It is built on a truck chassis, by the truck division of GM. It is NOT some car-platform "cross-over" model. It is a true body-on-frame vehicle. And that's why I bought it (new) in the first place, because I knew it was a real truck. And even better, it was available as a SuperSport (SS) model, complete with the SAME LS2 6.0L V8 engine that is in my 2005 Pontiac GTO! And I'm guessing it is mated to the same heavy-duty 4-speed automatic transmission. None of that foolish 8-speed automatic crap here! And unlike the larger Tahoe SUV, the shift lever is where it belongs.... in a floor-mounted console, and since it is a 4-speed, it is a straight-line pattern (P-R-N-D-3-2-1) as it SHOULD be. (None of that side-to-side crap for gear selection that 5-to-8 speed transmissions need to fool with!) The dashboard instruments are laid out very clearly and plainly. It came standard with all of the gauges you need (oil pressure, coolant temp, and voltage). Driving a TrailBlazer SS is completely different from driving a standard TrailBlazer. Sure, the exterior design may be shared, but that's about it. The suspension and steering in the SS feels completely different from the standard TrailBlazer. Add the big V8, and it is a completely different vehicle. When I had a small 2-door 2001 Chevy Blazer, I loved that vehicle as well, but always wished there was an option for a slightly larger SUV with a V8; I guess GM heard me, because it was only a couple of years later when the TrailBlazer debuted, and then the SS model came along. I have the standard SS cloth seats, and they are very comfortable. Chevy truck seat fabric is always long-wearing, compared to their leather seats which always stretch and crack over time. The ONLY things I don't care for are the 20" wheels and the satellite radio. I think 18" wheels would have been fine for this truck (and the tires would be less expensive!), and I would have much preferred an HD radio (I would never pay a subscription fee for satellite radio, so it is a wasted piece of equipment). Reliability of my TrailBlazer has been superb. The only reason it ever left me stranded was, of course, the battery. I have just turned 100,000 miles and have had zero other issues. I always use the recommended premium fuel, and the recommended Mobil 1 oil. I wait for the "change oil indicator" in the instrument cluster to come on before changing the oil. This is another vehicle that I wish GM had continued to build. There is no real replacement for it. I don't want to move "up" to the Tahoe because it is much larger than I need, and it does not have the gear selector in a floor-mounted console. And I refuse to drive a front wheel drive cross-over like the Equinox or Traverse. Let's be clear: those are NOT SUV's; they are front wheel drive cross-overs that are built on car platforms, not real rear wheel drive truck chassis. I read a review in 2007 that knocked the TrailBlazer for being ugly, older technology, and too plain on the interior. Guess what?? I think the exterior design is fine for a truck-based SUV, and the PROVEN technology and an interior that is FUNCTIONAL rather than glitzy or fancy are the reasons I bought mine!

Love the Chevy Trailblazer

by Pitmaster from South Bend on Sun Jul 13 2008

Loved my old Blazer for many years and missed it after I drove it into the ground. It served me well. Bought a Trailblazer and find it perfect. I've rented and drove other SUVs to compare but none have been as comfortable as the Trailblazer. I will most likely continue to own one for the rest of my life.

BEST VALUE

by Rufus from South Dakota on Thu Apr 21 2011

Trailblazers are the best value around. When parked next to my full size extended cab four wheel drive pickup, it is almost the exact same size, yet costs thousands and thousands less. The Trailblazer is packed with features and driver comfort items and feels and drives and looks like a luxury vehicle. This is an extremely nice four wheel drive vehicle with great power and acceleration and will give you 20 mpg. I was surprised that the V8 engine gets the same, and sometimes better, gas mileage as the V6. Any mechanic will tell you a V8 is the preferred engine.

1 2 3 4 5 6