Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2004 TrailBlazer EXT

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT

4.4

Have You Driven the 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT?

I love this truck

by freerider8 from fairview pa on Wed Nov 05 2008

I have just made my purchase recently and i have to say that i am happy with it. I think that the ride is great and its also quiet compared to some of the other suv's that I test drove. It has plenty of power and I love all of the features in the interior and the six disc cd changer is an extra bonus. thank you general motors!!!!!

Not pretty but comfy and reliable

by Curt from Mesa, AZ on Sat Sep 22 2007

We've owned one for 3 years and find it to be quite satisfactory. The features inside are nice and the AC which is critical in our desert climate is always up to the job. Power is excellent with the single exception of leaving a stop light. Its doesnt want to go very well till it gets to just shy of 3000 RPM and then it shifts and things are fine, but I hate to hold traffic back. We have done a few long trips (300+ miles) and the economy is reasonable, comfort is excellent. So far its been just oil changes and a set of tires. We're happy.

it is a great SUV for a family

by Ghost of Sparta from anchorage, AK on Sat Jan 24 2009

This is the first Sport Utility Vehicles that I bought and I got brand new at the age of 21 and I still got it and I have five kids and it is great

Ugly Duck Gets Rave Review

by jwoodie from Folsom, CA on Tue May 23 2006

The Trailblazer EXT is another GM afterthought which, despite its ungainly appearance, turned out to be an outstanding and comfortable family utility vehicle. I own a 2004 4WD North Face model which has more features than my wife's 2005 MB CLK. With the V8 engine and 3.73 rear axle ratio, it gets 14-18 mpg and can tow a 7500 lb boat or trailer. Due to its long wheelbase, the third row seat is comfortable for two adults, although some maneuverability is sacrificed as a result. On the other hand, it has a low step-in and seat height which eliminates the need for running boards. Too bad it has been discontinued in favor of the 2007 Tahoe, since it represents the best modern interpretation of the all-purpose family wagon.

Awesome Suv from Chevrolet

by electric bob from Vermont on Sun Dec 24 2017

I drove this Suv over not one but two treacherous mountains every day to get to and from work.It has incredible 4 wheel drive in the harsh winter roads and rides very well on interstates.The EXT is great as you can fold down the 3rd row seats for plenty of cargo room .It is built very sturdy and is a strong overall vehicle

I have wuon this for 11 years.

by Andy sica from Chicago il on Wed Jul 18 2018

This car met all we need it is very espacious inside I never have problems with it. We like to travel on this car because we fix together on it and we don?t pay to much on gas

Wife's Car #4

by Herc5hp from Modesto, CA on Tue Oct 10 2017

This can would go anywhere, anytime Rode nice, three rows of seats, nice. The family has traveled 7 years Calif to WA Thanks

Ugly Ducking Turns Into Swan

by jwoodie from on Sat Mar 13 2010

I purchased a new TB EXT in 2004 with the North Face option, V8, 4WD and 3.73 axle ratio. My initial reaction was that it was a sloppy handling, ungainly utility vehicle that could tow my 6000# boat. Six years later, it has become one of my all-time favorite vehicles, reliably performing in an amazing variety of uses. Although a couple of minor cosmetic touches has improved its appearance, the most significant change occurred when I replaced the terrible OEM Continental tires with decent GY (and now General) tires. Suddenly, its limo-like ride was matched with reasonable handling for vehicle of its size. It has also turned out to be an excellent tow vehicle, and has averaged 16 mpg over the past 100k miles, Tires have lasted 50k miles, and I just replaced the brakes at 90k! Too bad they aren't made any more, and used ones (especially V8's) are hard to come by...

Ugly Duckling Gets Rave Review

by jwoodie from Folsom, CA on Thu Jul 27 2006

I purchased (new) a 2004 Trailblazer EXT V8 North Face edition. Despite its somewhat ungaimly appearance, due to being a stretch version of the regular Trailblazer, it has turned out to be an excellent SUV in the best sense of the term. Due to its long wheelbase, ride and 3rd seat comfort are unmatched by anything short of a limosine. The 5.3 liter V8 (with 3.73 rear axle ratio) provides great towing capacity while returning a consistent 16 mpg in mixed driving. The 4WD system is easy to use and provides excellent snow traction, even though the stock Conti's leave much to be desired. Overall, the EXT probably represents the best modern interpretation of the all-purpose family wagon.

This SUV goes and goes with our family

by CoolMomma from Oklahoma on Sun Oct 23 2011

Bought this SUV new in 2004. It has been a great car! I've changed the oil, fluids and tires as part of normal maintenance but it just keeps going. We have over 160,000 miles on it now and it still runs great. It has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. It has grown up with my kids and taken us to 5000 ballgames. Just love this vehicle. The only cons I have is that it is terrible on the ice and snow.

1 2