1999 Chevrolet Venture

Dependable!

by from Fond du Lac, WI on September 21, 2012

I've had my Venture since 2003, when I bought it with 66,000 miles on it. I've put almost 100K on it, and it's still going strong. Can pull a trailer, can pop the seats out easily. A few things have quit: gas gauge stopped working around 145,000..so? I just fill it once a week. Automatic sliding door quit around 125,000; that's ok, too...just use it manually. Both front window mechanisms quit recently(not at the same time)..replaced one, and the other is due, but hey, all in all a great vehicle. Replaced the battery twice over the years, but it can be -30 and the Chevy starts. I just can't justify getting rid of her!

Great Van

by from Atlanta on March 5, 2011

I've put more than 100.000 miles to this van. Allways reliable, no major problems. Cheap to opperate, great mileage.

Best American MINIVAN

by from St. Louis MO on August 10, 2007

This is by far the best American Minivan. Its reliability and features set it apart from Dodge and Ford. The 3.4L V6 responds like big-block V8. The transmission works well with the engine as well. The powertrain works well in any situation, from passing on the highway to keeping a constant speed on hilly back roads. It seats 8 comfortably and holds enough luggage for all 8 on a week-long vacation. The only downsides to this van are the interior and a couple of minor to moderate problems, none of which were very serious.

Reliable Work Horse

by from on May 3, 2010

Traveled cross country twice and had no problems at all. No major repairs needed. This may not be the flashiest car in the world but if you want reliable transportation this is it.

Least dependable car I have ever owned.

by from on January 2, 2013

I purchased this van. It had more repairs during and after warranty than any vehicle I have ever owned. Finally after owning the vehicle for seven years, major rust spots began to appear and forced me to unload. I will not purchase another Chevrolet as my last two experiences were unreliable and costly.

Mechanical Disaster for GM

by from Fort Wayne, Indaian on October 25, 2006

Had to replaceTransmission after 55,000 miles (out of warranty) and later had to repair cracked block, head gasket, etc ($1500.00) at 90,000 miles. No wonder GM is getting out of the SUV business...they can't get it right.