Read or write a review.

2003 Chevrolet Venture

Change Year
3.7
Average based on 11 reviews

Excellent, Well worth the money.

by from Southeast, WI on July 20, 2010

This minivan was just what our family needed. Spacious, practical, comfortable, and great to drive too! You won't regret your decision to get one. The netted cargo area in the back has been terrific too. Awesome with dual sliding doors when putting children in their seats.

It goes and goes and goes - maintence only

by from Asheville NC on August 4, 2010

I purchase this vehicle as a repro. It had over 140,000 miles on it with a few minor fix it problems, tires, brake pads, etc. It was easy to fix and the cost was low compared to parts on imports that want an arm and leg for every little part and service. It has over 200,000 miles on it now and it still is fun to drive. My grand kids love all the seats to choose from in the back and refer to it as their space ship. I wish they still made them because I'd buy another if this one would ever wears out and thats in dought.

Great family vehicle

by from Missouri on May 26, 2011

We have owned this vehicle for 3 years and have had a few minor problems up to this point. I absolutely love this van. We have the LT extended version. No matter what kind of van you buy I have to recommend getting extended. For moms that have strollers to store along with groceries, it is a must. The seats are comfortable on long rides. My daughter who is 13 is now getting too tall to sit in middle buckets without me having to put the seat all the way up. She about 5'5" but really, that is something I just expect to have to deal with. When purchased it had round 95000 on it. Currently has 136000. We've had to replace the window switch, even the first replacement didn't work. Thought the passenger window control was broke too but after putting in the new drivers switch, the passenger decided to work. Window switch is a common problem with this van. It seems to have an oil leak which I assume is the rear main seal since that is also a common problem. It's been like that since we bought it, I just added a court every now and then. I feel the need to mention that when the oil light comes on it is almost empty. Another common problem is the heating system. Took a while to figure that one out. In the spring and fall in Missouri ur constantly switching from heat to air. Once I'd start switching it the van would start to run a little hot. You could get heat while pressing the gas pedal but not at and idle. Had the thermostat replaced and heater core flushed, didn't really fix it. Finally, hubby figured out it was getting vapor locked. Filled it with antifreeze and bled the system. Problem fixed. Now at 13600 it is time to trade it in due to ticking in the engine when cold. Could last a long time that way but just not willing to take the chance. All in all I still love this van. I did my research so I know most other vans of its time had MAJOR probs like transmissions. Chrysler, Dodge, Toyota, Honda, all had bad trannys. This van made it to 136000 with relatively minor probs. They all have probs this one just had the least.

Amazed

by from Knoxville,Tn. on February 3, 2009

I have never owned a Chevy before and I just purchased the 2003 Warner Edition of the Venture and WOW is all I can say.I am so amazed at "all" of the features that it does have, I am disabled and having all of the easy to get into features is what drew me to this vehicle the key less entry and both sliding side doors( for the grandchildren) the DVD player and on and on OH and the cheap gas saver is a plus. Would I recommend this to a friend or an enemy heh YES I would.Also now I have room to bring people to Church before I had a Toyota truck a two seat to say the least cant bring anyone but myself and husband so Praise God for letting me get this from a very reliable Dealer.

My Second one

by from Now in sunny (and hurricane prone ) Florida on April 20, 2007

My '99 Venture was 'totalled'. Because of it's performance and reliability - not to mention versatility - I bought an '03 to replace it. With 72,000 miles it is still going strong. It delivers good fuel mileage - on board fuel mileage calculator shows an overall average for the last 10 months of 20.9 MPG.

yep

by from on August 25, 2013

they r good vans they last if u take care of them plus they r good on gas i would tell a friend to buy 1 for sure

Great value

by from Florida on November 17, 2007

Bought used 1 year ago. It has surpassed my expertations, I never had Chevy on my radar screen. The price drew me to it and I'm surprised at the 24 MPGs and pick-up this thing has. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Toyota or Honda, but at $15,000 less in price I could own 2 of them.

Great Family car

by from spring Hill on January 2, 2010

I bought a 03 Venture Warner Bros. edition brand new. It has been the best car I've ever owned! 156,000 miles and it still rides like new! I'm looking to buy another one.

great when it works, horrible when doesn't

by from Mountain Veiw, CA on July 2, 2012

This car is a fabulous vehicle when it works with a flexible interior and generous trunk volume, nice seats, large sliding doors (which makes entry easy) stereo is not great but descent, and air conditioning is acceptable. The car is reliable at times but when it refuses to work I want to take it to the dump. We have had to replace 2 gaskets, several oil leaks (four to be exact), the screw that holds the rocker arm in place stripped the threads out of the heads. Even the intake manifold cracked twice. we have put at least 5,000 in major repairs (excluding warranty on oil leaks. If we did not have the warranty it would be closer to 8,000 without. We have not reached 10yrs and 100,000 miles with this vehicle. My recommendation is to look for another used minivan maybe a Toyota sienna or a Honda odyssey (although the odyssey tend to have transmission issues). If you are looking for a reliable minivan take my word THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM!

average

by from Iowa on February 27, 2008

transmission problems along with fuel gauge for the year 2003 this van has weak headlights chevy upgraded with its uplander.

Similar Models