2008 300

2008 Chrysler 300

2008 Chrysler 300

4.4

Have You Driven the 2008 Chrysler 300?

A version for the rest of us!

by MG from Chicago, IL on Thu Feb 26 2009

I have always been a 2 door car person. As a BIG guy, many 4-Door cars are too low to get in or too narrow in the door. I had a VW New Beetle for headroom. When I needed to have some work done on it, I rented a Chrysler 300. It was the LX . I thought it was the Hemi. I had to look under the hood! It was the 2.7 Liter 6 cylinder 24 valve engine. My Beetle had a 2.0 ltr 4 cylinder and averaged about 20-23 combined Highway/City MPG. The Chrysler 300 LX averaged about 22-24 MPG combined Highway/City, The 300 has plenty of room for Big & Tall folks (like me) especially for a 4-Door.With the driver's seat all the way back, another big guy won't be sitting behind me. The 2.7 has plenty of power for quick starts and for passing. The 2008 has the 4-Speed Automatic Trans, it will kick down to @ 1500 rpm @40 MPH.There are many standard features-powerlocks/windows/mirrors/trunk /singleCD player with an Ipod/mini jack to play a device through the stereo. The only drawback on the base model (in 2008 the LX), is the "My Gig" entertainment center/30 Gig hard drive system wasn't an option. The same for Anti Lock brakes(ABS). This is my first car in 12+ years without ABS. The only lower $ model that offers ABS was $4,000+ more.The "American" edition? These 300's were designed while Chrysler was still part of Daimler. The ride is silk. This is a luxury sedan. You won't believe how quiet the interior is. The Low Tire monitor and Washer Fluid monitor are a big help. The best part of the LX is that I didn't have to pay $35,000-$ 50,000 for such a "cool" car. I like the retro cars.I drive about 20,000 per year. The LX is not a monster speed car, not the most amazing Luxury Sport sedan. But it has been the best thing to come along from Chrysler in the $23,000-$25,000 range.If you want a big rear drive family sedan that is quiet, smooth, gorgeous, and drives wonderfully while still getting some looks of approval, check out a 300 in any form. You won'tbe disappointed!

Nice Ride

by Woody from SoCal on Tue May 03 2011

Majestic comes to mind. I'm a big guy and this car is plush and comfortable. Good fuel mileage, quite, great sound system, makes carry 4 adults & luggage a breeze, rear air is nice with good head/leg room, trunk is large enough for a small family. I've owned Jags, Cadillacs and SUVs; this is by far the best bang for the $$s. The only negative is you have to be careful of the blind spot when changing lanes and backing.

2008 Chrysler 300 classic Dub Edition owner

by HC3 from Columbus, Ohio on Mon Jan 02 2012

I love my 2008 Chrysler 300 Dub Edition Touring. The exterior styling is great. Inside the seats are comfortable and therei plenty of room inside for someone who is 6 "4". Stereo system is fantastic. Only drawbacks are no automatic lights that come on, no heated seats,and due to the 20 inch all aluminum wheels which look great, but cause you to feel evey bum and rides a little ruff. On the freeway the ride is quiet and smooth. Living in Ohio my true test has not happened yet, driving in snow on the 20 inch Goodyear RSA. Other than that I love it and plan on keeping it as long as I can since only 1,736 were made for that year only.

Love this car

by stwheels from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada on Thu Mar 11 2010

Nothing but a pleasure to own and drive 2 thumbs up! Great gas mileage, super comfortable on my bad back and tons of interior room plus easy access to the trunk.

people look at hot car when driving by

by nurse from Michigan on Mon Jul 16 2012

A sporty sleek almost cadillac look. Large interior for tall folks, and company. Power and smooth ride. Great gas mileage.

Low matinence vehicle

by Ray from on Sun Apr 16 2017

Great car, low cost of matinence. Reliable and looks cool too. Smooth ride and good performance even out of the V6.

my friends

by nice guy from nicholasville,ky on Thu Dec 11 2014

i was treated with respect and given time to decide i was not push into the sale and they explain all details to me. I enjoy my buying experience and Tyson was understanding and professional.

Loved this car!

by Luv300 from Madera, CA on Tue May 16 2017

It's sporty, roomy, and powerful. Very sleek and fun to drive. It isn't great on gas millage, but makes up for it in the way it looks, feels and handles.

I loved this car!!!!!!!

by love cars!!!!! from Potomac MD on Tue Aug 08 2017

This car was my everything. I loved this car before I got the BMW. My chrysler was very reliable and looked sooooo sexy. the only issue I had was the tires, I was brought tires twice.

Best car I've ever had. Not ONE mechanical issue

by 300gal from 49256 on Fri Nov 10 2017

Not one mechanical issue in the 8 years I've had it. Only thing I could dried on was that car. Wouldn't think 2ce about driving cross country in a sec

1 2 3