2001 Chrysler 300M consumer reviews

Photo not available
Explore the 2001 Chrysler 300M

The Best

Very Clean and Well Maintained.. Low miles, no lights on the dashboard on. I can tell my new car was well tooken care of by the previous owner as well as the guys at 4 Wheels.

Love everything about this vehicle..

One of the best cars I?ve own. Have nothing bad to say about it yet and I now have 179,000 miles on my 2001 Chrysler 300m and it?s still going strong. I just love this car.....

2.3

Never again!!

I bought a 2001 chrysler 300m with 125000 miles on it. Two weeks later the motor blew. I heard they are real good at doing that!

3.0

More Trouble Than It's Worth

This car constantly requires mechanical upkeep due to its frame and structure. New shocks, struts, and alignments every couple of year + excessive tire wear will cost you more than it would have to have bought a better car.

Love my 300M!

I bought my '01 300M in 2010 w/ 106k miles and have driven it 4 years now to 140k. This car has so many great features and is an outstanding performer all around. It is plenty big for a 6'2" guy like me. Coming from a LeSabre, I noticed the vast improvement in handling and stability. This car changes directions very well for a big car and has a nice planted feel. The steering feel is firm, and the feedback is the best I have ever felt. There is plenty of power, and the brakes have a nice feel although not as strong and grabby as my old Buick. I really like the design, in and out, of the 300M. Very well thought-out. This is easily the best value on the used car market. Chrome wheels, 11-speaker Infinity audio system, 4-CD changer, memory power seats, steering wheel audio controls, real wood trim, comfortable, spacious, and supportive leather seats (not a couch like Buick) make this car a joy to drive. This car has a few unique features...a power seat that automatically backs up to make entry and exit easier, then moves forward to normal position when you start the car; and also the rear view mirrors tilt down when you are in reverse so you can see the curbs, parking likes, etc. The 300M has been pretty reliable once I got some A/C issues worked out. The 3.5 engine and suspension and very durable and reliable. The only negatives here and mediocre rear visibility that you get used to eventually, a bit heavy on the road noise on the highway, my heated seats rarely work, and the fuel economy is just decent at 19.5 mpg with my mixed driving commute. These are minor gripes however and I would definitely buy this car again. Infinitely better than a Taurus which was my main alternative at the time.

Flawless car

I've owned a Chrysler 300M (2004 year model) since it was bought new in May of 2004. The car has been absolutely flawless, so I wasn't the least bit nervous about buying a 2001 Chrysler 300M with 16,867 miles on it from Mercedes Benz of Cincinnati, Ohio. I was able to do a Carfax report check on it and nothing negative showed up on this car. I drove it home (753 miles) and was extremely pleased with everything about the car. Couldn't be happier. Also, Mercedes Benz of Cincinnati treated me great and I would deal with them again anytime.

3.4

Good car but annoyances prevail

Borrowed a 2001 300m after my car was totaled. The overall driving experiance is not what I expected from a "top of the line" model. As other reviwers have noted, the amount of road noise is excessive. Twice as loud inside on the interstate as my 99 buick lesabre limited. There aren't sterring wheel mounted controls for the the radio, and it uses much more gas than the buick does on the highway where the buick gets low 30s and the 300m is hard pressed to get above 27. The buick has a lively feel from and stop and the 300m seems to labor to get going even though the buick is older and has almost 20k more miles on it. The comfort in the drivers seat is hard to achieve. While I am greatful to be able to use this 300m I would not buy one.

4.3

Very good commuter vehicle

I purchased a 2001 300M with 58,000 miles on it so that I didn't have to continue to commute to work with my 2004 Dodge 1500 quad-cab hemi. This car is very comfortable, has any and every option needed (and then some), and is very economical. I am averaging 20.2 MPG in mixed driving over an 18 mile each way commute. The car suffers from an occational ruff idle and once in a while is difficult to start. However, plugs and coils are original, so I'll change those soon. Car is a bit noisier than I would have expected, but is a pleasure to drive. Feels larger than it is and can easily fit four golfers and clubs.

I wil never by another brand again

"This vehicle is very reliable, very nicely design, and handles very very well. definitely worth every penny I paid for it. A great vehicle to have, A real treat. A must drive!"

4.0

300M

Very great car. Very little problems. Only a couple electric glitches. Loved sitting in and driving this car.