Model Details

2004 Chrysler 300M Consumer Reviews

4.5
Average based on 13 reviews

Frustrating but nice to look at.

by from Omaha, NE on September 11, 2010

I bought this car used and it had about 75000 miles on it. Within the first 3 months I had to be towed three times. Seems like everything on this car has been replaced. The transmission had a bad torque converter. I had it replaced, but apparently a clog in the system trashed the 2nd transmission. I'm on the third transmission now and it still fells like its off a 1980's van or something. The rack and pinion had to be replaced, power steering pump seized, my climate control display is blank- can't tell if my A/C or heat or what is on -, can't use my sun roof because a plastic piece broke off, the leather looks terrible, the engine makes a very loud rattle noise at 1500 RPM's, I still have a rattle noises coming from the steering parts, the cooling system had to be flushed because there was brown crud in it, torn CV boot, had to replace the axle, check engine light is always on. cam shaft sensor died. The window tint is peeling/bubbling on three of my windows. I mean some of this stuff is wear and tear but most of it should have never been an issue. I've spent so much money on this car, and having to spend even more just so I can get some money back out of it when I sell it is ridiculous. I loved this car and did everything in my power to maintain it, but my efforts seemed useless. The only good thing I have to say about this car is it looks beautiful inside and out. The engine has plenty of horsepower. The MPG is pretty good too considering how big it is. It's pretty comfortable, handles okay too. But really, this car has just been a headache.. a very expensive headache. I'm going to get rid off it for a 06 Sonata.

Nice cruiser that still likes curves

by from Finger Lakes, NY on January 3, 2013

Bought my 300M three years ago, with only 40K on it, now has 82K, and it's been a great car. I have long legs and this car is big enough for me, and it's a fine high speed cruiser. I live in a very hilly area and the handling is really surprising for such a big car. By 2013 standards, it's really a lightweight at only 3600 lbs. I even entered it into a gas mileage contest, driving around the Watkins Glen racetrack for 85 mi. and averaged 45 MPH and got 42.3 MPG! (I also had my H2 generator working). HWY mileage at 75-80 MPH is closer to 27 MPG. Only had to put in an O2 and cam sensor. Brakes are among the best I've had, no fade and long life. I've even driven it around an icy racetrack on one of the Finger lakes, but since the wheelbase is too long I couldn't enter into any official races. FWD needs a different technique to get the tail to rotate into a turn! I would recommend to friends.

Best car I have ever driven!!

by from Fairview, Mt. on May 13, 2007

Every time I get in my 300m I feel nothing but luxury and reliability. The ride is super and quiet. Power is there when ever you want it and I have averaged 23.2 mph in city since I bought it new. 27 highway is correct. I do agree that rear visibility is hindered but not enough to change my mind about the car. I love it and would but another in a minute!!!

love this car

by from rochester ny on November 1, 2007

excellent car love the style and look of car.this car is a head turner, very fun to drive wish this car was stiil being made at least the special

great car

by from Hampton Roads, Va on September 19, 2006

I have not one problem with this 300m special. Rides, handles and proformance are all great. A must buy. Looks and interior are better with the 300m Special model verses the 300c.

Excellent ride and handling

by from Woodstock, VA on April 17, 2015

Purchased this car with 98k on the odometer. Ran great on the test drive and for about 3 weeks into ownership. now 1500 miles later I have an check engine light flashing and rough running when accelerating at highway speeds (code P0340) and an air bag light that randomly comes on for about 24 to 36 hours at a time then goes off. The ride is fantastic and hopefully once I replace the crank sensor it will take care of the misfire P0340 code. If not, it still has 1500 miles left on the warranty so back to the dealer for a timing belt replacement. All in all I love driving this vehicle.

Love my 300M

by from PA on August 24, 2007

I 've owned my 300M for over 3 yrs after buying it used. It's got 83K miles on it and I want a new one. Nothing else in this price range is this good. Love my 300M!

300M Sedan

by from Washington, DC on July 31, 2009

I have had a 300M for over five years and it has been a great car. The 3.5L V-6 is plenty of power and FWD is good in rain/snow. Easy to service. Somewhat thirsty for a V-6, particularly in all city driving.

Very Happy!

by from Springfield, MO on March 14, 2009

I've had my 300M since 2004. It now has 120,000 miles on it and is still running great. No major mechanical issues. One of my favorite cars. Wish they still made this model. Since they don't, I'll keep mine until the wheels fall off.

Surprised

by from Concord, NH on April 16, 2008

I just bought this car from a used car dealership, The seats are amazing and the passenger area is incredibly roomy. The Automatic transmission with the option of putting it into manual is fun to have but i don't use it very often. the instrument panel is set up quite nicely and the radio controls on the steering wheel are really useful.